Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Albert Haynesworth Contract news « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
: January 29, 2009, 11:19:14 PM

Terry McCormick, of The City Paper, reports Tennessee Titans DT Albert Haynesworth said Thursday, Jan. 29, that talks on a new contract extension are moving slowly. Haynesworth said, "[General manager Mike] Reinfeldt has called, called my agent [Chad Speck] and talked to him. But it's been pretty slow. We thought they would put a really good effort up. But you look at the past, it was a long time before we even got anywhere close to a deal. It was like the day before the deadline that we even got close to a deal last year. You look at the past, they're slow, since Mike's been in office. We just think it will go down to the 23rd hour."

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

#1 : January 29, 2009, 11:20:52 PM

Haynesworth would be stupid to not test FA.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#2 : January 29, 2009, 11:22:59 PM

KAPOW right in the kisser John Clayton.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 30, 2009, 01:01:09 AM

KAPOW right in the kisser John Clayton.
H eis generally a good reporter, but methinks he would be stupid to take this assignment, and call it based on a hunch...

Cred is all that mater to a reporter in that sort of business.

Haynesworth will get HUGE money thrown at him, and he will then decide what city to live in.  Pretty simple.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 30, 2009, 09:36:20 AM

Haynesworth would be stupid to not test FA.

not sure we are in position to say that.  what if he loves living in Tenn and playing for the titans?  no matter what, his contact will set him up for life.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

#5 : January 30, 2009, 09:33:30 AM

The clause was inserted in his contract too allow him a chance at FA

So if he doesnt test the market he is not intellegent

If I were Albert I would say... Mr. Mike Reinfeldt I appreciate the fact that you ant me to stay in Tennessee but you only get so many chances at a big contract...this is mine If you want me to stay in Tennessee you will have to compete with all the other NFL teams for my signature

JC510

Practice Squad

#6 : January 30, 2009, 10:50:55 AM

The only seasons he's had more than 3 sacks are in contract years (2007, 2008). Why does he want to become a Free Agent anyway, the Titans are a perennial contender under Fisher. If he was about winning he would re-sign with the Titans, even if it for less money.

The guy is a huge red flag. Only seems to be motivated by money. Then what happens when he gets that $30M signing bonus?

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 30, 2009, 10:57:48 AM

What NFL player isnt motivated by money?

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 30, 2009, 11:00:01 AM

As expected Haynesworth is looking to get PAID

Per PFT

HAYNESWORTH NOT INTERESTED IN “HOMETOWN DISCOUNT”
Posted by Aaron Wilson on January 30, 2009, 10:08 a.m.
Unlike Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs’ stated willingness to give his team a “hometown discount” to remain in Baltimore as well as fellow impending free agents Ray Lewis and Bart Scott, Tennessee Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth isn’t embracing that idea as he approaches free agency.

Haynesworth is looking to cash in with the Titans as much as possible. He’s reportedy seeking a six-year contract that would make him the highest-paid defensive player in the league.

“Not unless they give me a 100 percent guaranteed contract,” Haynesworth said when asked if he would be open to possibly taking less money to re-sign with Tennessee. “You want to try and make as much as you can because if you have a career-ending injury you are out … and the team sure as heck is not going to pay you. It’s not like baseball or basketball. You want to get as much as possible.

“I’m not Terrell Suggs, that’s all I can say. He was saying they’d all stay and take a hometown discount, but it is kind of hard now being in the NFL and that contract is not guaranteed. My agent knows what we want to get and he has a number he wants to get. … I just want some money.”

Negotiations have been slow so far, according to Haynesworth who didn’t like the Titans’ initial offer. Haynesworth was the Titans’ franchise player last year, triggering incentives that prevent the Titans from using the tag again to retain his rights.

Haynesworth was named to his second Pro Bowl, recording 8 1/2 sacks last season.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 30, 2009, 11:17:39 AM

while he may be talented, i wont be upset if we go in another direction.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JC510

Practice Squad

#10 : January 30, 2009, 11:18:35 AM

What NFL player isnt motivated by money?

Only motivated by money.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 30, 2009, 04:41:01 PM

As expected Haynesworth is looking to get PAID

Per PFT

HAYNESWORTH NOT INTERESTED IN “HOMETOWN DISCOUNT”
Posted by Aaron Wilson on January 30, 2009, 10:08 a.m.
Unlike Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs’ stated willingness to give his team a “hometown discount” to remain in Baltimore as well as fellow impending free agents Ray Lewis and Bart Scott, Tennessee Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth isn’t embracing that idea as he approaches free agency.

Haynesworth is looking to cash in with the Titans as much as possible. He’s reportedy seeking a six-year contract that would make him the highest-paid defensive player in the league.

“Not unless they give me a 100 percent guaranteed contract,” Haynesworth said when asked if he would be open to possibly taking less money to re-sign with Tennessee. “You want to try and make as much as you can because if you have a career-ending injury you are out … and the team sure as heck is not going to pay you. It’s not like baseball or basketball. You want to get as much as possible.

“I’m not Terrell Suggs, that’s all I can say. He was saying they’d all stay and take a hometown discount, but it is kind of hard now being in the NFL and that contract is not guaranteed. My agent knows what we want to get and he has a number he wants to get. … I just want some money.”

Negotiations have been slow so far, according to Haynesworth who didn’t like the Titans’ initial offer. Haynesworth was the Titans’ franchise player last year, triggering incentives that prevent the Titans from using the tag again to retain his rights.

Haynesworth was named to his second Pro Bowl, recording 8 1/2 sacks last season.

A little scary, considering prior concerns that his effort would drop off after getting paid

HughC

Pro Bowler

#12 : January 30, 2009, 04:45:42 PM

He's on 1040 right now and they asked him what it would take to come to Tampa.  Said he was very impressed with city, 'a nice, clean city'.  Then went on to say how much he loved boating and that if things were to not work out where he is now, that Tampa would certainly be a high consideration.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 30, 2009, 05:06:47 PM

There you go Big Al.

Been saying he's going to hit free agency. He'd be a fool not to test the market.

cdebanks

Starter

#14 : January 30, 2009, 06:22:47 PM

He's on 1040 right now and they asked him what it would take to come to Tampa.  Said he was very impressed with city, 'a nice, clean city'.  Then went on to say how much he loved boating and that if things were to not work out where he is now, that Tampa would certainly be a high consideration.

Tampa and about two dozen other cities.
He would be an awesome addition, obviously. I just question what kind of numbers he's looking for on that 6-year contract.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Albert Haynesworth Contract news « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools