Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Solution to rural mailbox vandalism « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 01, 2009, 11:07:49 PM

Heard a story of a guy who had trouble with local kids running his mailbox over. So he went and made a mailbox post out of an old railroad tie. Needless to say the kid totaled his truck.

I'm loving that. :)

I would be out on the lawn pointing and laughing at that little punk...

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#16 : February 02, 2009, 09:19:27 AM

Truth is they dont let you reinforce and rig your mail box. People sue the home owners when they get hurt hitting your mailbox.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 02, 2009, 09:37:07 AM

Truth is they dont let you reinforce and rig your mail box. People sue the home owners when they get hurt hitting your mailbox.

I'll take my chances. It was above freezing when I replaced the first mailbox. It was 22 degrees when I replaced the second one. Expense aside, I can't keep doing this. Vandalism is senseless and criminal and I would expect some dumb kids to be more inclined to cover up what they have doe than to sue. My intention is to protect my property and receive my mail, not to hurt anybody.

Tracktion

Second String

#18 : February 02, 2009, 07:03:57 PM

someones been watching csi.

Season 9 episode 7

Nick uncovers the decoy mailbox filled with cement. Caused car wreck man arrested for manslaughter.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 02, 2009, 07:14:30 PM

someones been watching csi.

Season 9 episode 7

Nick uncovers the decoy mailbox filled with cement. Caused car wreck man arrested for manslaughter.

It is not possible for a mailbox to "cause" a car wreck.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 02, 2009, 08:46:05 PM

I also saw that on CSI.

Let us know when someone tries to take it out, and what the outcome is.

Go sparky!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#21 : February 03, 2009, 12:44:13 PM

What if a car accidently plows into that mailbox filled with cement and gets killed by it. Wouldn't you be responsible?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 03, 2009, 12:46:36 PM

Man killed when car hits mailbox
By ajc

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

A man was killed Monday morning when he lost control of his car and struck a mailbox in Cobb County, police said. Edward Ferguson — whose age and hometown were not available — was headed north on Terrell Mill Road shortly before 8 a.m. when he lost control of his Honda Accord while turning a curve, police said. Ferguson overcorrected, causing his car to spin around and hit a stone block mailbox in the 400 block of Terrell Mill Road between Paper Mill and Lower Roswell roads, said Cpl. Dana Pierce.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 03, 2009, 12:48:04 PM

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 03, 2009, 01:21:30 PM

What if a car accidently plows into that mailbox filled with cement and gets killed by it. Wouldn't you be responsible?

What? 

Am I responsible if somebody rams into my house and dies?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 03, 2009, 01:23:36 PM

house? I said mailbox.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 03, 2009, 01:24:06 PM

house? I said mailbox.

What's the difference?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 03, 2009, 05:06:57 PM

My mailbox is located on a very short, straight, and fairly level stretch of rural road. A person would have to be driving like a maniac for that to happen. The speed limit is 25 mph. I'm not overly concerned with something that unlikely.

#28 : February 03, 2009, 05:27:59 PM

its not your fault if someone loses control and hits your mailbox. That mailbox could just as easily be a lightpole or some other structure that would cause teh same damage due to them losing control. Like Biggs said, what if someone loses control and hits a house and dies. Is the home owner goign to get charged with murder there too?

LFO

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 03, 2009, 10:16:15 PM

Are you really trying to make this argument?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Solution to rural mailbox vandalism « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools