Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

: January 31, 2009, 03:43:34 PM

A little scouting report and video. Wouldn't mind if they took him.

http://walterfootball.com/pro2009jfreeman.php

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 31, 2009, 04:29:56 PM

maybe i wouldn't mind if they took him to but i'd rather have Josh Johnson as our starter.

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

LA BUC

Starter

#2 : January 31, 2009, 04:37:47 PM

no brainer @19

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 31, 2009, 05:11:02 PM

At first i didn't want any part of it, but I agree take him at 19 please.

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#4 : January 31, 2009, 05:40:26 PM

The guy has got some incredible athletic ability Espescially when he throws across his body. But so does JJ, I think we should still give JJ a shot.

RAHEEM09'
Change we can believe in!

TBbuccaneer40 our

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 31, 2009, 06:50:12 PM

I'm waiting on the combine before I I'm sold on this kid.  Even then, you just never know how he'll fare against real defenses.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 31, 2009, 06:52:50 PM

Wildly inconsistent, right?

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#7 : January 31, 2009, 07:15:02 PM

I'd love to have him. He's the best option going forward for the new regime. The most important thing in evaluating QBs is can he make ALL the throws, and he definitely can. Lets trust our coaching staff to take care of the rest.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 31, 2009, 07:31:52 PM

I'd love to have him. He's the best option going forward for the new regime. The most important thing in evaluating QBs is can he make ALL the throws, and he definitely can. Lets trust our coaching staff to take care of the rest.
Agreed. Not to mention he brings the ability to make pre-snap reads and determine when teams are going to blitz. He calls his own audibles and runs a pro style offense. He does have some consistency issues regarding his accuracy. But, it's not THAT big of a deal if people paid attention to the games. Majority of the time Freeman made a completion he set his feet, planted the back leg and let it go. The in completions/interceptions all resulted in Freeman, from not setting his feet when he was under pressure and defenders all in his face. From not wanting to take the big hit from defenders. I also find out that is very tough to bring down, he doesn't go down easy from arm tackles and is able to break tackles while keeping his eyes down the field. His ability to take off down the field when the play breaks down is also impressive.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 31, 2009, 07:33:21 PM

I'm waiting on the combine before I I'm sold on this kid. Even then, you just never know how he'll fare against real defenses.

He beat Texas

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 31, 2009, 07:37:13 PM

Also on the JJ thing. Josh Johnson is a 5th round pick? Josh Freeman is a first rounder. If JJ had the same athletic ability as Josh Freeman he would have been in the first round, not the 5th. Freeman is 6 foot 6, 230 or 240, and can beat defenses with his feet as well as his tremendous arm. I think that Freeman has also seen more stiff competition at Kansas State, Johnson played Div 1-AA. It should not be a debate. I dont think the new staff will stick with JJ. It's not that I am wishing him to do badly, I am just being realistic with a 5th round draft pick.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#11 : January 31, 2009, 07:40:48 PM

Also on the JJ thing. Josh Johnson is a 5th round pick? Josh Freeman is a first rounder. If JJ had the same athletic ability as Josh Freeman he would have been in the first round, not the 5th. Freeman is 6 foot 6, 230 or 240, and can beat defenses with his feet as well as his tremendous arm. I think that Freeman has also seen more stiff competition at Kansas State, Johnson played Div 1-AA. It should not be a debate. I dont think the new staff will stick with JJ. It's not that I am wishing him to do badly, I am just being realistic with a 5th round draft pick.

Freeman is a solid 6'6'', 250 pound QB. He is going to run in the 4.7-8 area at the Combine and teams are going to fall in love with how strong his arm is. I really hope that the Bucs can get him with the 19th pick. He has 3 years starting experience in a pro-style offense, while his stats werent jaw-dropping, his INT ratio was solid and this guy just has so much upside that he can really be a superstar.

He's a risk, but the day of average QBs has got to end sometime. Let's get a QB we can really build an offense with.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#12 : January 31, 2009, 07:49:22 PM

I'm waiting on the combine before I I'm sold on this kid.  Even then, you just never know how he'll fare against real defenses.
True. We'll get a lot of questions answered at the Combine, and his pro day. This situation reminds me a lot of Joe Flacco's last year. He was a "relative unknown," and I certainly don't recall anyone having him as a 1st Round Pick in many mock draft around this time. I got a feeling Freeman will be one of those risers this year. And when It's all said and done, to get him at 19 will be a steal.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 31, 2009, 07:59:45 PM

One of the three will be around. Sanchez, Bradford, or Freeman.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 31, 2009, 08:01:26 PM

Excuse me, stafford.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools