Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 01, 2009, 03:45:17 AM

I have my eye on him - don't discount the fact that Raheem spent a year as defensive coordinator while this kid was the starter.

Concerning his accuracy - after Jordy Nelson left KSU last year - this guy didn't have anyone to throw to.

DraftScout.com has him graded as a 2nd rounder - but that is pre-combine. The guy has size, power and arm strength - he's even got the ability to run...combine will solidify my feelings but I likethe kid - could be this seasons Jay Cutler...

Incomparable sig by Incognito

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 01, 2009, 08:30:55 AM

I don't think anyone questions his arm or physique; aside from his accuracy it's his intangibles and ethic that are a concern.  He will get grilled during combine interviews.

The intangibles matter but it is the inconsistency with his accuracy that gives me concerns. The reports say this and it is the same thing I saw, there are times he looks like  a#1 overall pick - and with his size/strength if he was what people want him to be he'd be in that discussion- and then there are times where he's just not even close. He does remind me a bit of the NFL version of JaMarcus Russell where he'll make some throws that are unreal but just miss too many.

My question on any QB is on 3rd and 7 is he going to consistently hit the man for a first down and with Freeman I'm just not sure he would.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#32 : February 01, 2009, 08:37:22 AM

When Nelson left KS, Freeman ran for 14 TD's and 400 yds.   He didn't have anyone to throw to or a oline, running back etc....   so it would appear he put the team on his back.  That's a pretty big deal for a 21 year old guy.   

Watch some of his interviews - I think he has something between the ears.   He has elite measurables and athleticism.  His stock post combine will put him into the 1st round.  Size wise he compares to Russell, but I think the difference is this kids intelligence.

Looking at the expected offense from Jags, Morris' relationship with KS and Freeman (if its good,)   I'd say the chances they pick him at 19 are better than 50%.  

I would not be unhappy with it.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 01, 2009, 08:44:14 AM

pass...rather take our chances with McCown

You must be accountable for your actions!

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 01, 2009, 09:55:50 AM

I'm sure Talib has an opinion of Freeman.

Ask #25.

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 01, 2009, 10:10:18 AM

Josh Johnson ftw.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#36 : February 01, 2009, 10:17:41 AM

I have my eye on him - don't discount the fact that Raheem spent a year as defensive coordinator while this kid was the starter.

Concerning his accuracy - after Jordy Nelson left KSU last year - this guy didn't have anyone to throw to.

DraftScout.com has him graded as a 2nd rounder - but that is pre-combine. The guy has size, power and arm strength - he's even got the ability to run...combine will solidify my feelings but I likethe kid - could be this seasons Jay Cutler...

Not discounting the rest of your points (they're valid) but the difference I see -- and what concerns me -- between Freeman and Cutler is leadership. That's been the one consistent knock that I want to see proven/disproven, that he doesn't have strong intangibles. If he does, and Raheem should know if anyone does, then he's solid gold and we'd be silly to pass on him. If not, that changes the equation and we could have Jamarcus Russell on our hands.

Orangegone1

Starter

#37 : February 01, 2009, 11:27:10 AM

If you want a QB with problems with accuracy and consistancy just make a trade for Tavares Jackson.

#38 : February 01, 2009, 12:16:14 PM

Right now till they can prove to me that they can beat a agressive, fast, blitz happy defense I wont take ANY of the Big 12 QB's

The Big 12 QB's ability and numbers are inflated because the conference they play in do not challange recievers.

Watch Bradford against Florida....You can tell he has NEVER seen a defense like that before

#39 : February 01, 2009, 12:17:01 PM

I'm waiting on the combine before I I'm sold on this kid. Even then, you just never know how he'll fare against real defenses.

He beat Texas

So did Graham Harrell and Texas Tech

Texas is far from an agressive defense

He has never seen any part of a press defense...just the Big 12 defenses

Bradford has Harrell has both didnt fare all that well

MVP

Pro Bowler

#40 : February 01, 2009, 12:45:22 PM

If all of the defensive linemen are gone then I don't mind going after Freeman. But if Jerry or English are on the board you have to take the better player. 

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 01, 2009, 05:06:50 PM

I must agree - DT/UT is a much bigger need.

I think the comments regarding Raheem is that he is intent on getting us back to the basics of our success. I took that to mean rebuilding the defense - and he knows better than anyone the need for pressure up front.

Since the draft will be the first opportunity to address that need - I see focusing on DT - unless there is not quality there at that pick - because the focus then could be on Haynesworth. Not sure I agree with everyone on Haynesworth - I'm concerned about his attitude after his next contract.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 01, 2009, 05:41:28 PM

I dunno.  He has 3 yr project written all over him.  His release is slow and he hesitates in the pocket.  He takes too long to get rid of the football.  He made some great throws (that out route was a thing of beauty) but some of the throws he made would have likely been picked in the pros...

I don't like him at 19.  But Harvin, with Freeman in the 2nd round, I'm in.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#43 : February 01, 2009, 05:50:19 PM

I must agree - DT/UT is a much bigger need.

I think the comments regarding Raheem is that he is intent on getting us back to the basics of our success. I took that to mean rebuilding the defense - and he knows better than anyone the need for pressure up front.

Since the draft will be the first opportunity to address that need - I see focusing on DT - unless there is not quality there at that pick - because the focus then could be on Haynesworth. Not sure I agree with everyone on Haynesworth - I'm concerned about his attitude after his next contract.

I too think DT is a bigger need, but I'm thinking we will address that early in Free Agency (March 1st) versus late April in the Draft. I don't think Albert will still be available after the draft. Either way, it's gonna be an intriguing Off-Season to say the very least!

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 01, 2009, 06:26:17 PM

pass...rather take our chances with McCown

Gag me

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools