Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: James Harrison INT: Just Like Ronde's INT « previous next »
Page: 1

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

: February 02, 2009, 12:40:42 AM

Fake blitz on the right side, jump the slant route.

Ronde's INT: 92 yards
James Harrison: #92

Tampa player in the state of Pennsylvania
Player from Pennsylvania in Tampa

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 02, 2009, 12:46:09 AM

lol. Harrison is a nasty defender. Anybody here see him abuse that Cardinal player during the punting situation?

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 02, 2009, 02:25:38 AM

Yeah but Ronde's was better!  ;D ;D ;D

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 02, 2009, 06:21:46 AM

I thought the same thing.  Regardless of what people will think, his return was incredible, Harrison that is.  I could not believe that nobody could not bring him down; he was surrounded by Cardinal players.

klb55

Starter

#4 : February 02, 2009, 08:34:14 AM

Except Ronde didn't need anyone to grab a hold of the QB by the jersey in order to score.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 02, 2009, 09:06:56 AM

Nah, Ronde's was better. He actually set it up on an earlier play when he did blitz and get McNabb for a sack. On his historic pick, he faked the blitz and McNabb bit, throwing his "pick 6" right to Ronde and sending us to the Super Bowl.
    There appeared to be a "communication" problem between Warner and Boldin on the Harrison play. Boldin actually ran his route in front of Harrison but kept running as Warner threw the ball, so Harrison didn't really "jump" the route (as Ronde did) unless the pass was intended for someone else behind Harrison and Boldin was supposed to be a decoy. I didn't see another Cardinal in the area though. If Boldin just stops in front of Harrison, the interception would never have happened :o.
    I saw in the halftime sideline interview where Whisenhunt couldn't believe not one of his players could get Harrison either tackled or pushed out of bounds. That cost them the game. 

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#6 : February 02, 2009, 10:32:09 AM

I thought the same thing. Regardless of what people will think, his return was incredible, Harrison that is. I could not believe that nobody could not bring him down; he was surrounded by Cardinal players.

That was play was the most important in the game - 14 point turnaround, really. Nauseating, if you're a Cardinal fan. I've seen Dilfer throw a few of those that went the other way for 90-something yds. D-lineman run so slow that you think it was in slow motion and you just wonder how no one can bring the guy down.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 02, 2009, 10:55:48 AM

I'd say Harrison's was more like Brooks'

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#8 : February 02, 2009, 10:57:15 AM

Yeah I don't remember any holding or the blatant clip during Barber's run back.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: James Harrison INT: Just Like Ronde's INT « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools