Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kurt Warner is a Bum!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 02, 2009, 12:46:42 PM

Why even respond to this guy?  He's clearly nothing more than a flamer.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 02, 2009, 12:48:16 PM

Warner is the most overrated player in the league.

Let me know when he does squat with anything short of the BEST group of receivers in football.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 02, 2009, 01:00:42 PM

this thread is amazing

Its what ive come to expect from Chronic

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 02, 2009, 01:03:05 PM

Let me know when he does squat with anything short of the BEST group of receivers in football.

Why couldn't Marc Bulger do the same with those receivers in St. Louis?  Why couldn't Josh McCown and Matt Leinart do the same thing with these receivers in Arizona?

Why is Joe Montana, Steve Young, Troy Aikman, etc. considered good?

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 02, 2009, 01:03:36 PM

Warner was in the top 10 of all performances in superbowl QB's...the defense is what lost that game for them. There is only so much you can ask an offense to do

If AZ turns him loose I hope we are the first call he recieves
Right On !!!

#20 : February 02, 2009, 01:15:44 PM

If Warner makes it to FA this month AZ wont get him back

IMO it will be in Kurt's best intrest to test the FA Market because he will get paid somewhere

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 02, 2009, 01:17:12 PM

Why couldn't Marc Bulger do the same with those receivers in St. Louis? Why couldn't Josh McCown and Matt Leinart do the same thing with these receivers in Arizona?
Bulger put up a 101+ passer rating with that group when Warner went down in '03
Trent Green put up a 101+ passer rating with that group when Warner went down in '00

Why were Warner's numbers so average when he played in NY?

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 02, 2009, 01:18:38 PM

If AZ turns him loose I hope we are the first call he recieves
God, no.

That would be a disaster.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 02, 2009, 01:19:14 PM

If Warner makes it to FA this month AZ wont get him back

IMO it will be in Kurt's best intrest to test the FA Market because he will get paid somewhere
He will get OVERpaid somewhere.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 02, 2009, 01:28:07 PM

Trent Green put up a 101+ passer rating with that group when Warner went down in '00

All Tampa fans know how deceptive QB rating can be.

Where did those teams end up, as opposed to where they ended up with Warner?

And Arizona?

He spent most of his time in New York on his back, averaging 3.9 sacks/game over the 10 games he played in (5-4 as a starter.)

Why did Steve Young suck in Tampa Bay?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 02, 2009, 01:35:56 PM

It's worth noting the two years Warner's Rams went to the Super Bowl, they had the #3 overall defense and Marshall Faulk put up MVP numbers. When the defense declined and Faulk hit the wall, Warner's team wasn't as successful. He's sure as heck better than Matt Leinart, though.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 02, 2009, 01:51:33 PM

Warner's amde a living off of his.

You asked about Bulger........ The fact is, there was very little, if any, dropoff between no name Warner and no name Bulger.

Offensively?? About the same spot.

And Arizona?
I have no problem saying that Warner>Leinhart and McCown, but that ain't sayin' much.

He spent most of his time in New York on his back, averaging 3.9 sacks/game over the 10 games he played in (5-4 as a starter.)
Because he held onto the ball too long, too often. Something that he has made a habit of everywhere. He's always been a fumbler.

Granted, NY didn't have the talent that STL had.
Why did Steve Young suck in Tampa Bay?
This has nothing to do with Kurt Warner, but if you want to start a "Steve Young was overrated" thread, then I will gladly post post in it, and agree with you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 02, 2009, 01:52:55 PM

It's worth noting the two years Warner's Rams went to the Super Bowl, they had the #3 overall defense and Marshall Faulk put up MVP numbers. When the defense declined and Faulk hit the wall, Warner's team wasn't as successful. He's sure as heck better than Matt Leinart, though.

I wasn't trying to imply that Warner carried his teams to the Superbowl on his own, only that Warner did make his team better.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 02, 2009, 02:01:49 PM

I wasn't trying to imply that Warner carried his teams to the Superbowl on his own, only that Warner did make his team better.
Warner was good, but look at Trent Green from 2002-2004. I'm not so sure if you give him the #3 overall defense and Marshall Faulk rushing for 1,300 and catching 800, they don't win a Super Bowl, too. Kansas City never finished higher than #29 in total defense when Green was having his best seasons.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 02, 2009, 02:11:44 PM

Warner's amde a living off of his.

I don't know, the TD's, MVP's, and Superbowl MVP might have more to do with his living other than his QB rating.

You asked about Bulger........ The fact is, there was very little, if any, dropoff between no name Warner and no name Bulger.

In what, QB rating?

Because he held onto the ball too long, too often. Something that he has made a habit of everywhere. He's always been a fumbler.

Does that make him overrated?

This has nothing to do with Kurt Warner, but if you want to start a "Steve Young was overrated" thread, then I will gladly post post in it, and agree with you.

Just bringing up HOF QB's who also had great receiving tandems who aren't considering overrated.

Here is an interesting little list:

Peyton Manning
Kurt Warner
Brett Favre
Steve Young
Joe Montana
Jim Brown

All multiple MVP winners.  Which of those do you consider overrated?

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kurt Warner is a Bum!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools