Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kurt Warner is a Bum!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 02, 2009, 02:19:06 PM

Warner's amde a living off of his.

I don't know, the TD's, MVP's, and Superbowl MVP might have more to do with his living other than his QB rating.
He got all of those because of his rating.

Had our offense not sucked in '99, you could erase his ring and Superbowl MVP.

You asked about Bulger........ The fact is, there was very little, if any, dropoff between no name Warner and no name Bulger.

In what, QB rating?
Offensive production

Because he held onto the ball too long, too often. Something that he has made a habit of everywhere. He's always been a fumbler.

Does that make him overrated?
It contributes.

This has nothing to do with Kurt Warner, but if you want to start a "Steve Young was overrated" thread, then I will gladly post post in it, and agree with you.

Just bringing up HOF QB's who also had great receiving tandems who aren't considering overrated.
Steve Young is considered overrated by many.

Here is an interesting little list:

Peyton Manning
Kurt Warner
Brett Favre
Steve Young
Joe Montana
Jim Brown

All multiple MVP winners.  Which of those do you consider overrated?
Warner
Favre (to a degree)
Young

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 02, 2009, 02:20:31 PM

Warner was good, but look at Trent Green from 2002-2004. I'm not so sure if you give him the #3 overall defense and Marshall Faulk rushing for 1,300 and catching 800, they don't win a Super Bowl, too. Kansas City never finished higher than #29 in total defense when Green was having his best seasons.

Obviously, defense wins championships.  Those same things could be said about Marino over his entire career.

Trent Green had a pretty good RB named Priest Holmes who ran for 1615 and had 675 receiving yards in '02 and 1420/690 in '03.  The '04 season was when Holmes got injured and they subbed in another RB who did some good things named Larry Johnson.

Not too many guys have led two different teams to the Superbowl as a QB.  I don't see how anyone can think Warner is overrated.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 02, 2009, 02:20:48 PM

Biggs, some have stated that the Bucs should go after Warner, should he leave Arizona.

How would you feel about Warner being our game 1 starter for the 2009 season?

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 02, 2009, 02:21:46 PM

Peyton Manning
Kurt Warner
Brett Favre
Steve Young
Joe Montana
Jim Brown

All multiple MVP winners.  Which of those do you consider overrated?
Warner
Favre (to a degree)
Young

You are a tough judge of QB talent, MrFreakinMiyagi.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 02, 2009, 02:22:19 PM

Peyton Manning
Kurt Warner
Brett Favre
Steve Young
Joe Montana
Jim Brown

All multiple MVP winners.  Which of those do you consider overrated?
Warner
Favre (to a degree)
Young

You are a tough judge of QB talent, MrFreakinMiyagi.

Miyagi = Gruden?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#35 : February 02, 2009, 02:25:10 PM

Biggs, some have stated that the Bucs should go after Warner, should he leave Arizona.

First off, I don't know why Warner would leave Arizona.

Second, if my options are Josh Johnson, Brian Griese, a draft pick or Kurt Warner to start the season, I'm picking Kurt Warner every frickin' time.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 02, 2009, 02:27:41 PM

Warner was good, but look at Trent Green from 2002-2004. I'm not so sure if you give him the #3 overall defense and Marshall Faulk rushing for 1,300 and catching 800, they don't win a Super Bowl, too. Kansas City never finished higher than #29 in total defense when Green was having his best seasons.

Obviously, defense wins championships. �Those same things could be said about Marino over his entire career.

Trent Green had a pretty good RB named Priest Holmes who ran for 1615 and had 675 receiving yards in '02 and 1420/690 in '03. �The '04 season was when Holmes got injured and they subbed in another RB who did some good things named Larry Johnson.

Not too many guys have led two different teams to the Superbowl as a QB. �I don't see how anyone can think Warner is overrated.
It's true Holmes was at times as good or better than Faulk. I don't think Warner is overrated. My point was it's not really fair to say Warner was better than _________ because Warner won a Super Bowl and played in two others, because those years his teammates were playing at really high levels, too. The years he didn't have major contributions from his teammates, he was no different than the other good quarterbacks.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 02, 2009, 02:29:48 PM

I don't see how anyone can think Warner is overrated.
I don't see how anyone who can actually look beyond stats can not.

Here's the facts....... Warner has never done anything worthwhile with a team that didn't have the best receiving corps in the NFL. I am not talking about good, or even great, I am talking about THE BEST.

He's made a living off of dumping off 5 yard drags, and watching his receivers win the track meet.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 02, 2009, 02:31:45 PM

Second, if my options are Josh Johnson, Brian Griese, a draft pick or Kurt Warner to start the season, I'm picking Kurt Warner every frickin' time.
Hope you like fumbles ;)

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 02, 2009, 02:33:10 PM

Obviously, defense wins championships. �Those same things could be said about Marino over his entire career.

Trent Green had a pretty good RB named Priest Holmes who ran for 1615 and had 675 receiving yards in '02 and 1420/690 in '03. �The '04 season was when Holmes got injured and they subbed in another RB who did some good things named Larry Johnson.

Not too many guys have led two different teams to the Superbowl as a QB. �I don't see how anyone can think Warner is overrated.
The years he didn't have the best receivers in football , he was no different than the other average quarterbacks.
Fixed

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : February 02, 2009, 02:42:10 PM

Here's the facts....... Warner has never done anything worthwhile with a team that didn't have the best receiving corps in the NFL. I am not talking about good, or even great, I am talking about THE BEST.

What are your qualifications for THE BEST receiving corps?

He's made a living off of dumping off 5 yard drags, and watching his receivers win the track meet.

Joe Montana anyone?  What QB isn't overrated?

Did you watch any other Arizona game except for last nights?  Warner threw bombs, accurate bombs pretty regularly this season.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#41 : February 02, 2009, 02:43:22 PM

Hope you like fumbles ;)

Warner fixed his fumbling problems.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 02, 2009, 02:53:56 PM

Being better than the rest.

Joe Montana anyone?
Not even a close comparison

Did you watch any other Arizona game except for last nights?  Warner threw bombs, accurate bombs pretty regularly this season.
I saw them play a couple of games.

Fitz and Boldin didn't get their reputation of being great "yards after the catch" receivers for nothin'.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 02, 2009, 02:54:17 PM

Hope you like fumbles ;)

Warner fixed his fumbling problems.
No, he didn't

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#44 : February 02, 2009, 03:04:16 PM

Being better than the rest.

OK.

In 1999, when Warner's team went to the Superbowl (I assume that is "worthwhile" enough,) Chicago's receiving tandem had more receptions, Minnesota's receiving tandem had more TD's and Yards.

In 2001, when Warner's team went to the Superbowl (I again assume that is "worthwhile" enough,) Jacksonville's receiving tandem had more receptions, Oakland's receiving tandem had more TD's and Yards.

In 2008, when Warner's team went to the Superbowl (I again assume that is "worthwhile" enough,) Denver's receiving tandem had more receptions, while Warner's receiving tandem did the lead the league in TD's and Yards.

I guess those facts of yours aren't so much facts as your opinion.

Not even a close comparison

Really?   Why?  Montana led the king of 5 yard dump-off's offenses.  All three of the teams Warner has led to the Superbowl have been down-field offenses.

I saw them play a couple of games.

Oh, good!  So you know why the Steelers safeties were so deep the entire night and you know why the throws in last night's game were all short, then.

The Cardinals offense is a down-the-field offense.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kurt Warner is a Bum!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools