Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kurt Warner is a Bum!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#90 : February 04, 2009, 10:50:07 AM

Here....... In 1999, STL had a better group of offensive weapons than anyone else in the league, IMO.

Much, much better.

I still can't figure out why Joe Montana isn't overrated with great weapons around him but Kurt Warner is. 

I'm open to the opinion, I just don't follow the reasoning.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#91 : February 04, 2009, 01:41:49 PM

Let's just start with...... Montana was able to string together more than 3 good seasons in a row, and able to keep his starting job with the same team for a MUCH longer time than Warner.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#92 : February 04, 2009, 01:48:56 PM

Let's just start with...... Montana was able to string together more than 3 good seasons in a row, and able to keep his starting job with the same team for a MUCH longer time than Warner.

Well, it should have been easy for him.  He had THE BEST receiver of all time, I don't mean good or great, I mean THE BEST.  Montana was also in an offense that threw the ball 5 yards and let the receivers do the work.  ;)

This game could be played with damn near every QB that has accomplishments.  It's a team game.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#93 : February 04, 2009, 02:18:31 PM

Well, it should have been easy for him. He had THE BEST receiver of all time, I don't mean good or great, I mean THE BEST. Montana was also in an offense that threw the ball 5 yards and let the receivers do the work. ;)

This game could be played with damn near every QB that has accomplishments. It's a team game.
Yeah, but he is the QB du Jour, and there are actually people here salivating at the thought of bringing in a 37 year old, immobile QB with a knack for fumbling the football.

Best or not....... We don't have anything CLOSE to the offensive weapons that Warner has enjoyed during his successful years.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#94 : February 04, 2009, 02:19:26 PM

I'll be pizzed if Warner signs here.

It would be a debacle.

ilovebeer

Starter

#95 : February 04, 2009, 02:50:30 PM

I think its laughable to call warner a bum.  How can a borderline HOFer be a bum

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#96 : February 04, 2009, 03:04:39 PM

I agree with Miyagi in most of these instances.

Warner has been blessed with a wideout corp of Holt and Bruce, and Fitz and Quan, and those were his best years. Coincidence?

Methinks Luke McCown would have hellacious numbers with those guys...

Then why didn't the Raiders rack up some playoff wins when they had Moss/Porter? Where are all those trophies in Cinncinati?
The Raiders? Porter? Cincy?

You can probably find those trophies where you will find the defenses for those teams. But that's just the tip of the iceberg when looking at those HORRIBLY run franchises.

I've seen a great QB make mediocre WRs look good (any NE receiver before Moss) but I've never seen a Wr make a QB look better than he is. Do these great WRs somehow make the passes go straighter or longer?
No, but Faulk is as good as any player has ever been at gaining yards after the catch. A great deal of the time, a dump off to Faulk would turn into a first down, even in long yardage situations. In '99 he averaged almost 11 yac.

If Griese or Grossman played for the 99 Rams or the '08 Cards, would they have put up Warner's numbers? I already know the answer for Leinert.

You've never seen a WR make a QB look better than he is? Hogwash

Might make his stats look a little better, but if you actually WATCH the QB, no a WR won't make him look better. A wideout won't make a wounded duck pass into a tight spiral.

I think those great WRs would have looked like Antonio Bryant, just waving their wide open hands down field and getting nada, without Warner.
Bulger and Green both had no problems finding them in Warner's absence.

Both were also pretty good QBs at the time.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#97 : February 04, 2009, 03:29:07 PM

I agree with Miyagi in most of these instances.

Warner has been blessed with a wideout corp of Holt and Bruce, and Fitz and Quan, and those were his best years. Coincidence?

Methinks Luke McCown would have hellacious numbers with those guys...

Then why didn't the Raiders rack up some playoff wins when they had Moss/Porter? Where are all those trophies in Cinncinati?
The Raiders? Porter? Cincy?

You can probably find those trophies where you will find the defenses for those teams. But that's just the tip of the iceberg when looking at those HORRIBLY run franchises.

I've seen a great QB make mediocre WRs look good (any NE receiver before Moss) but I've never seen a Wr make a QB look better than he is. Do these great WRs somehow make the passes go straighter or longer?
No, but Faulk is as good as any player has ever been at gaining yards after the catch. A great deal of the time, a dump off to Faulk would turn into a first down, even in long yardage situations. In '99 he averaged almost 11 yac.

If Griese or Grossman played for the 99 Rams or the '08 Cards, would they have put up Warner's numbers? I already know the answer for Leinert.
Maybe, but we'll never know

You've never seen a WR make a QB look better than he is? Hogwash

Might make his stats look a little better, but if you actually WATCH the QB, no a WR won't make him look better. A wideout won't make a wounded duck pass into a tight spiral.
We are talking more about inflated stats than anything. Like I said, when Faulk was tearing it up, he averaged almost 11 yac. A 1 yard throw = 12 yards on the stat sheet.

There's more to being a good QB than having the ability to throw a tight spiral.

With the SB on Sunday night, Warner had four TDs. One was a fade/jump ball to Fitz, that was actually low, but it's Fitz, so he is going to come down with it. Another was another fade to the TE. This one was low as well. Another was a 5 yard drag where Fitz ran by everyone after catching the ball for a 65 yard TD. The last (not sequentially) was to James Harrison, because Warner was duped.

I think those great WRs would have looked like Antonio Bryant, just waving their wide open hands down field and getting nada, without Warner.
Bulger and Green both had no problems finding them in Warner's absence.

Both were also pretty good QBs at the time.
At the time?

I always felt that Green was a solid QB.

How was Bulger a good QB, at the time? He was a no-name, 2nd year, 6th round pick. He was as much a product of great surrounding talent as Warner was.

He's only 31, has he gotten worse since then? No, he doesn't have the weapons that he enjoyed after stepping in for Warner.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#98 : February 04, 2009, 03:33:56 PM

Like I said, when Faulk was tearing it up, he averaged almost 11 yac. A 1 yard throw = 12 yards on the stat sheet.

Just curious, where are you getting that from?

acacius

Hall of Famer

#99 : February 04, 2009, 03:46:08 PM

Like I said, when Faulk was tearing it up, he averaged almost 11 yac. A 1 yard throw = 12 yards on the stat sheet.

Just curious, where are you getting that from?

Here's a source for his yac:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/2728/career;_ylt=AikJkGHssfj_lJIYojGyaUH.uLYF

Mind you, I personally don't think this takes away from what Warner did in St. Louis.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#100 : February 04, 2009, 03:52:02 PM

Thanks.

scope88

Starter

#101 : February 04, 2009, 04:00:08 PM

KURTIS THE STOCK BOY AND BRENDA THE CHECKOUT GIRL IN A SUPERMARKET.

Kurtis the stock boy, was busily working when a new voice came over the loud speaker asking for a carry out at register 4.  Kurtis was almost finished, and wanted to get some fresh air, and decided to answer the call.

As he approached the check-out stand, a distant smile caught his eye.  The new check-out girl was beautiful.  She was an older woman (maybe 26, and he was only 22) and he fell in love.

Later that day, after his shift was over, he waited by the punch clock to find out her name.  She came into the break room, smiled softly at him, took her card and punched out, then left.  He looked at her card, BRENDA.  He walked out only to see her start walking up the road.

Next day, he waited outside as she left the supermarket, and offered her a ride home.  He looked harmless enough, and she accepted. 

When he dropped her off, he asked if maybe he could see her again, outside of work.  She simply said it wasn't possible.  He pressed and she explained she had two children and she couldn't afford a baby-sitter, so he offered to pay for the baby-sitter.  Reluctantly she accepted his offer for a date for the following Saturday.

That Saturday night he arrived at her door only to have her tell him that she was unable to go with him.  The baby-sitter had called and canceled. To which Kurtis simply said, "Well, let's take the kids with us.  She tried to explain that taking the children was not an option, but again not taking no for an answer, he pressed.  Finally Brenda, brought him inside to meet her children.  She had an older daughter who was just as cute as a bug, Kurtis thought.   Then Brenda brought out her son in a wheelchair.  He was born a paraplegic with Downs Syndrome.

Kurtis asked Brenda, "I still don't understand why the kids can't come with us?"  Brenda was amazed.  Most men would run away from a woman with two kids, especially if one had disabilities - just like her first husband and father of her children had done. Kurtis was not ordinary - - - he had a different mind set.  That evening Kurtis and Brenda loaded up the kids, went to dinner and the movies. When her son needed anything Kurtis would take care of him.  When he needed to use the restroom, he picked him up out of his wheelchair, took him and brought him back. The kids loved Kurtis. At the end of the evening, Brenda knew this was the man she was going to marry and spend the rest of her life with.

A year later, they were married and Kurtis adopted both of her children.  Since then they have added two more kids.

So what happened to Kurtis the stock boy and Brenda the check-out girl?  Well, Mr. & Mrs. Kurt Warner now live in Arizona, where he is currently employed as the quarterback of the NFL Arizona Cardinals.  The Cardinals are playing in the Super Bowl in a week. 

Is this a surprise ending or could you have guessed that he was not an ordinary person?  (It should be noted that he also quarterbacked the Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI).

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#102 : February 04, 2009, 05:50:49 PM

How awesome is that?! 

He is the real deal.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#103 : February 05, 2009, 07:36:52 AM

The Kurt/Brenda story is overrated ;)

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kurt Warner is a Bum!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools