Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS ANNOUNCE MORE COACHING MOVES « previous next »
Page: 1

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
: February 03, 2009, 04:43:58 PM

PewterReport.com had already reported the hiring of defensive backs coach Joe Baker and defensive line coach Robert Nunn, which the team officially announced today along with the promotion of Dwayne Stukes to assistant special teams coach, and Kurt Schultz to strength and conditioning coach. Schultz had served as Tampa Bay's assistant strength and conditioning under Mike Morris, who was fired on January 18.

In an interesting note, Nunn and Todd Wash will serve as Tampa Bay's defensive line coaches. One of them will presumably coach defensive ends and the other coach defensive tackles. Nunn was a defensive tackles coach at Green Bay and could carry on those duties in Tampa Bay.

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/5178

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#1 : February 03, 2009, 04:51:24 PM

That is interesting about having 2 D line coaches....I think it will help

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#2 : February 03, 2009, 04:58:14 PM

Good stuff! like the way the coaching staff is coming together.

john.matincheck

Starter

#3 : February 03, 2009, 05:01:27 PM

What makes you so optimistic about this bunch of coaches? Most have recently been fired from their past positions. Not exactly a murders row of up and comers.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#4 : February 03, 2009, 05:03:58 PM

Almost all NFL coaches eventually get fired. What's your point?

john.matincheck

Starter

#5 : February 03, 2009, 05:30:27 PM

My point is I'm curious what in this group of coaches breads confidence in fans. I'm not saying these guys are bad coaches but nothing about them is real exciting either. Hopefully they mesh into a great team and produce a champion but having a lot of confidence in their ability to do that and stating such seems silly at this point.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 03, 2009, 05:34:30 PM

To each his own viewpoint.

But I disagree.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

The Q

Pro Bowler

#7 : February 03, 2009, 05:36:02 PM

So one guy to coach the sleek speedsters at DE and the other guy to coach the fat boys at DT!
This could work.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

cdebanks

Starter

#8 : February 03, 2009, 05:52:31 PM

Considering the problems this team has at DT, it can't hurt to have a coach that focuses on them specifically.

simmstheanswer

Starter

#9 : February 03, 2009, 06:09:11 PM

but having a lot of confidence in their ability to do that and stating such seems silly at this point.

i think that's the exact starting point you should have, given that they were just evaluated by professionals and hired to these specific positions. from that point you should only move to the position you are in now if their failure warrants it.

see you're starting with a low opinion of them needing them to prove you wrong,where as most other people are starting with confidence in their abilities (as are the Glazers) and our opinions will only drop when we have the evidence right in front of us.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#10 : February 03, 2009, 06:35:41 PM

What makes you so optimistic about this bunch of coaches? Most have recently been fired from their past positions. Not exactly a murders row of up and comers.

man Im always expecting the best.  ;)

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 03, 2009, 07:42:06 PM

Great - coaching staff has been addressed - now let's sign Bryant PLEASE....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

lovethe bucs

Second String

#12 : February 03, 2009, 07:43:21 PM

Good to hear. Ra is putting his team together...No more complaining

john.matincheck

Starter

#13 : February 03, 2009, 10:07:16 PM

but having a lot of confidence in their ability to do that and stating such seems silly at this point.

i think that's the exact starting point you should have, given that they were just evaluated by professionals and hired to these specific positions. from that point you should only move to the position you are in now if their failure warrants it.

see you're starting with a low opinion of them needing them to prove you wrong,where as most other people are starting with confidence in their abilities (as are the Glazers) and our opinions will only drop when we have the evidence right in front of us.

I don't have a low opinion of them. I have no opinion of them. So yes I have a show me something mentality. I don't expect them to fail anymore than I expect them to succeed. I'll hope for the best but I'm not going to act like I know something about them that I don't.

jramericom

Rookie

#14 : February 04, 2009, 12:22:53 AM

ok...we've always had a second OL coach..why not a second DL?...i'm calling out the immediate posters who respond only to now....
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS ANNOUNCE MORE COACHING MOVES « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools