Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wish They'd Stop Calling American Citizens... « previous next »
Page: 1

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

: February 05, 2009, 05:45:24 PM

some of the largest shareholders in these banks...  I don't have any stock certificates with my name on them.  I'm not going to be allowed to vote out the board.  I'm not allowed to sell when they rebound.  I'm just waiting for the tax to hit me for capital gains if they turn it around - Hahahaha!

I think its comical the way the administration uses nuance, almost implying that somehow "we're all in this together, and by golly, we're not gonna take it anymore!"

Just out of curiosity, the "benefit" that comes back to each of us - does that include people that do not pay taxes?  Are they going to benefit when tax dollars used to buy stock in corporations that we never received certificates for, go up in value?  Anyone seen that plan yet?  Anyone think that has any "redistribution" undertones to it?  In all fairness, I could care less, I was just thinking of the humor involved when you think back and consider all the "transparency" we could expect, and the "accountability" when it comes to the use of the gov't's resources, and "putting gov't back to work for the American people" - all empty rhetoric...

good luck to us.  the rookie won, and if you don't believe it, just ask him.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wish They'd Stop Calling American Citizens... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools