Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms wants to come back to Bucs? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 06, 2009, 08:56:54 AM

No we don't need him he is to big of a risk.

Risk?! What? Risk would imply

1) That a lot of resources be put into him
and
2) That you would be hoping for a lot of production from him, with the potential for poor production.

Can anyone argue that both points are already determined? You would not have to pay him much, and you can be sure of what you are getting: crappy QB play. There is no risk, it is just a dumb move.

In fairness to the points above, you have to factor in:

1.)  Bucs QB currently on the roster: Griese, Johnson means they will need to look far and wide for other QB options up to and including the CFL and yes, Simms.
2.)  The current lot of QB's on the open market are very poor.  Simms is right up there with the "better" ones.
3.)  What we proved is that Simms can't play in a WCO that featured no shot gun and a lot of 3 step drops.  We also proved that he throws one of the better deep balls in the game. 

I am not suggesting that he is going to be a great QB.  Only that the Bucs are in such sorry shape at the position that a guy like Simms is worth a training camp cup of Gatorade.

doclobster

Practice Squad

#31 : February 06, 2009, 09:03:30 AM

If I only had the choice between Griese and Simms, I would take Simms, but that is not saying much and I would not want either one as anything other than 3rd string.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 06, 2009, 09:04:35 AM

I've got no problem with it if he can prove he is healthy

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 06, 2009, 09:04:54 AM

He may be the best FA QB out there right now. but it's not up to us its up to Morris and Dominik. Whatever happens happens

Uh, not even close. Simms is garbage, always has been.

john.matincheck

Starter

#34 : February 06, 2009, 09:15:47 AM

Didn't he have a chance to play at the end of the season for the Titans and look horrible?

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 06, 2009, 09:20:51 AM

No problem with it  - but as I understand it he'll have to apologize to Trueblood and Joseph for the football shaped tatoo's on the back of the heads.

I don't care if they give him a tryout - hopefully he's learned to stop holding the ball too long, and taking too many sacks.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 06, 2009, 09:21:59 AM

Didn't he have a chance to play at the end of the season for the Titans and look horrible?

He threw 2 passes. Even as bad as he is I doubt he could make that look terrible.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Scurvy

Practice Squad

#37 : February 06, 2009, 09:23:22 AM

Simms back to Tampa?

TAMPA - Chris Simms may want to return to Tampa Bay, sources tell FOX 13.

He still has a house here, and would reportedly like to explore the possibility of playing once again for the Bucs.

Sources close to the situation tell us that Simms plans to officially talk with Bucs new head coach Raheem Morris, as soon as free agency allows.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/sports/nfl/buccaneers/SimmsTampa_020509

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 06, 2009, 09:24:45 AM

McCown>Simms

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#39 : February 06, 2009, 09:26:12 AM

Gruden stunted simms career...I think he still has a lot of good football left in him. I am all for it

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 06, 2009, 09:26:39 AM

McCown>Simms

Please, can we stop with the McCown > Anyone stuff.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 06, 2009, 09:29:43 AM

I prayed for the first time last night. 

Prayed that this didn't happen. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 06, 2009, 09:30:08 AM

Gruden stunted simms career...I think he still has a lot of good football left in him. I am all for it

Gruden didn't cause 78% of his passes to be batted down at the line.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#43 : February 06, 2009, 09:41:13 AM

Gruden didn't cause 78% of his passes to be batted down at the line.

Just the presence of the "QB Guru" stunted his growth...

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 06, 2009, 09:41:26 AM

McCown>Simms

Please, can we stop with the McCown > Anyone stuff.

Is what I said untrue?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms wants to come back to Bucs? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools