Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms wants to come back to Bucs? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#90 : February 07, 2009, 04:46:32 PM

Wondering about matching tatoos... nice sigpic

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#91 : February 07, 2009, 07:26:35 PM

Trouble is, he's a nice guy so you kinda wanna help but he is godawful QB.  I'd rather try Luke for a year than go to Simms, Garcia, ETC.  Might as well bring back Gradkowski...at least he had sizzle.  Bad arm, but sizzle.

SLOBGOBLIN

Rookie

#92 : February 07, 2009, 07:51:49 PM

He is not welcome back.
I agree!Stay Away simms!your damaged goods.

GO BUCS!=Lt Slobgoblin=Alstott's Army!

dodda45

Starter
#93 : February 07, 2009, 10:14:53 PM

Grads could actually get the ball over the line of scrimmage more than Simms at 6 feet tall (a fact that Simms excuse makers fail to mention) with the same line...I remember how exciting it was for a while seeing the ball not go backward...

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#94 : February 08, 2009, 01:32:49 AM

He wasn't welcomed back by Gruden because once you are out of favor with Gruden you are done.. period. However, seems like he Raheem are pretty close. I would welcome him back, I never got the hate that he got while others slid by.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#95 : February 08, 2009, 01:43:54 AM

Trouble is, he's a nice guy so you kinda wanna help but he is godawful QB.  I'd rather try Luke for a year than go to Simms, Garcia, ETC.  Might as well bring back Gradkowski...at least he had sizzle.  Bad arm, but sizzle.

Sizzle?

Explain?

BTW, don't ever fill out any applications for the Bucs scouting department, OK?   {{ SCARY }}

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#96 : February 08, 2009, 02:20:16 AM

We all used to say how potentially good Chris Simms would be if he didn't play in the WCO......

He has a cannon

Yeah but he can't complete a short pass.

dodda45

Starter
#97 : February 08, 2009, 02:32:25 AM

You can't understand the hate?  We don't hate Simms, we just think he stinks...and we are stunned that this is even a debatable topic years later...Have you noticed any other teams salivating to take him on?  The problem with Simms supporters is that they often have the same characteristics of Chris himself...They don't seem to acknowledge that he has any major flaws (honestly, have you ever seen any other QB in history have the same problems getting the ball over the line of scrimmage) and anything he does poorly has to be blamed on someone else (Gruden is too mean, the offensive line is at at fault for the batted balls, he needs to be in a shotgun and throwing long bombs on every play)...Even though no other quarterback before him or since had the same issue with Gruden or the line...They may have sucked but they can at least accomplish the technique of getting over the line of scrimmage...and most of them were small guys as well.

I can handle the Gruden haters...I liked Gruden but I understand if people were frustrated with the offense and maybe wanted to move on...But the Simms supporters are just delusional...and it is these kind of discussions that make our fan base at times the laughingstock of the league...If you think he can change and be a quarterback through changes in technique, then fine...But if you think it was all Gruden, you are out of your mind...Gruden did not coach him at Texas either...

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#98 : February 08, 2009, 02:37:12 AM

Just like those in here (i wont say names) who think we should now try to talk Simeon Rice to come back.

For some reason the Gruden haters think he single-handedly destroyed the careers of some of the departed players and now that he is gone they will come back and light up the stat sheet.

Im surprised I havnt seen a thread yet that says, "Bring back Alstott?"

Give me a break.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#99 : February 08, 2009, 08:49:10 AM

You can't understand the hate?  We don't hate Simms, we just think he stinks...and we are stunned that this is even a debatable topic years later...Have you noticed any other teams salivating to take him on?  The problem with Simms supporters is that they often have the same characteristics of Chris himself...They don't seem to acknowledge that he has any major flaws (honestly, have you ever seen any other QB in history have the same problems getting the ball over the line of scrimmage) and anything he does poorly has to be blamed on someone else (Gruden is too mean, the offensive line is at at fault for the batted balls, he needs to be in a shotgun and throwing long bombs on every play)...Even though no other quarterback before him or since had the same issue with Gruden or the line...They may have sucked but they can at least accomplish the technique of getting over the line of scrimmage...and most of them were small guys as well.

Well said. He might have been better served in a non-Gruden system but better is a relative term and all it means is he might have sucked slightly less.

If this kid's name was Chris Smith and his daddy didn't play NFL ball I doubt anyone would be as enamored of him here or in college.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#100 : February 08, 2009, 09:06:52 AM

I just cannot get over all of his knock downs at the line of scrimmage. With that being said, I liked his guts and there is no question about his arm strength. Like Clayton maybe under a new regime, it might be worth a chance.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#101 : February 08, 2009, 09:29:31 AM

That and the whininess of how the mean the coach was... while one suspects the Glazers had the say on keeping him on the payroll during the recovery - well let's say the biting comments would have been better left unsaid.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#102 : February 08, 2009, 10:05:16 AM

I just cannot get over all of his knock downs at the line of scrimmage. With that being said, I liked his guts and there is no question about his arm strength. Like Clayton maybe under a new regime, it might be worth a chance.
That was VERY frustrating, but I also understood that offensive line was awful and defensive lineman were coming in hands up. I think if Simms got the correct QB coaching he could be a serviceable backup.

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms wants to come back to Bucs? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools