Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR Fantasy Baseball « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 22

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

: February 06, 2009, 01:12:23 AM

Any interest in forming a league?  I played in a league a few seasons back and besides all the drama it was really fun.  I could commish, if someone else has extensive experience they could too doesnt bother me.  I'd say lets shoot for 10 guys... count me in as 1. 

Anyone else?

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 06, 2009, 09:34:47 AM

I'm game.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 06, 2009, 09:36:01 AM

I'll play if it's head to head.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 06, 2009, 09:52:58 AM

I'm in

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 06, 2009, 11:14:21 AM

I'm in.

Hopefully people can actually stick with it this time around.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 06, 2009, 11:20:10 AM

I will give it a try. Count me in.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 06, 2009, 11:49:36 AM

I'm in.

Was this tried for baseball before?  I missed it.  One of the reasons rotisserie is much better.  If people drop it has less of an effect on the outcome at the top.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 06, 2009, 11:53:46 AM

Escobar, we can agree on a scoring system and format in the coming weeks.  The one thing I will say is we definetly wont be playing in a straight points league.  We played that system once and while I enjoyed it, it left too many folks unhappy

Olaf, we did do this, I believe 05-06... alot of drama but other than that it was fun

So, based on this thread, we have 6 people.

I would like to hold 2 spots, one for Turbo and one for Ronde Bear.  Turbo was our commish in the league I played, and he definetly knows his fantasy baseball.  I know Ronde is a big baseball guy like me so I would like to hold a spot for him.

So, we have atleast 2 more spots open, and 2 tentatively held.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 06, 2009, 12:00:45 PM

Ah, that may have been preOlaf on the Cove.   I think rotisserie is the best way to go in baseball, but whatever is decided is cool.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 06, 2009, 12:03:57 PM

That's fine ICIT, I'll probably still play in a roto league, I just prefer head to head for the simple fact that you can't ride a great start out till the end. Both systems have their drawbacks however. As long as people are active that's all I really care about.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 06, 2009, 12:04:08 PM

I'm in.

Was this tried for baseball before? I missed it. One of the reasons rotisserie is much better. If people drop it has less of an effect on the outcome at the top.
I've played in two PR leagues before.

One with major drama that led to people quitting/being kicked out, and another that was drama free, but at least 3-4 people quit paying attention very early in the season.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 06, 2009, 12:04:31 PM

As long as people are active that's all I really care about.
+1

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 06, 2009, 12:04:46 PM

Ah, that may have been preOlaf on the Cove. I think rotisserie is the best way to go in baseball, but whatever is decided is cool.
Its the way I prefer, but I am always open to different ideas.  I would like to fill the league first and then have a vote amongst the owners.  We'll agree on a system, if anyone doesnt like it we'll give them the chance to leave and put any final openings out here on the board.  I just want to make sure everyone is in agreement on the important aspects of the league... last time it got really hairy.  And it was pitiful because it was an ultra competitive league prior the drama.  I know with some of the knowledgable sports fans on here everyone will have a solid draft and a competitve league as long as we have 10 owners willing to put in the time.

Rotisserie would be fine with me, but if there is some other variation that someone would like to present... by all means...

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 06, 2009, 12:07:50 PM

escobar, I have played in a bunch of H2H leagues, and it is a good system.  I was originally thinking roto because like olaf said, if someone drops its not the end of the world.  I am always worried in leagues like this that people will leave.  So, again I am open to either... H2H if fun and more simplistic while roto virtually assures some kind of competition at the top of the league.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 06, 2009, 12:14:50 PM

I probably just don't like roto because the one time I played I had a terrible season. I'll live.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 22
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR Fantasy Baseball « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools