Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR Fantasy Baseball « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 22

LFO

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 07, 2009, 01:48:21 PM

Thanks for the spot.

Looks like a good group, judging by their posts anyway.  Some of the more active posters and all usually have some good points.

Should be a fun time.

Did you decide on a scoring system?  I'd vote roto if we are voting.  either way I'll play and should be fun.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 07, 2009, 03:30:58 PM

This will keep me busy with the fantasy-lsports life until we get into Fantasy Football in the fall. I have never played Fantasy Baseball but ill be sure to read up on all the details and stuff.

Granted, I am not as informed on players in MLB now but I will deffinately do my homework to see what I can do.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 07, 2009, 04:46:28 PM

Glad I saw this. I am definitely in.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 07, 2009, 05:16:31 PM

Glad I saw this. I am definitely in.
we're glad to have you.

All 12 spots are full.  Nice guys, I am excited. 

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 07, 2009, 05:17:09 PM

Navy, you'll be fine bro.  Just do some homework like you said and you'll do fine. 

Hey guys, if you could all PM me your email addresses that would be great.  I know we all communicate via the board but things happen.  This way, if for whatever reason you cannot get to PR, you can still recieve and invite to the league.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#35 : February 07, 2009, 05:32:26 PM

Biggs,

Wondering what the overall level of experience is amongst players.  As said before, I normally play roto and I am in a few different leagues this year with that setup.

I am inclined to use some kind of head to head scoring, only because it makes drafting alot easier for newbs.  If you dont have a plan going into a draft for a roto league it can get ugly quick.  You obviously need to draft with some strategy reguardless, but I think the H2H is a little more user friendly.
But again thats just my opinion, we'll hold a vote once the 10 spots are filled.

H2H is the best way to go, IMO.

We doing pitchers and hitters?  AL, NL, or MLB?

It really doesn't matter to me, I'm just curious.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 07, 2009, 05:36:26 PM

Once Yahoo fantasy baseball actually opens back up, we'll figure out the scoring.

#37 : February 07, 2009, 07:45:52 PM

I wouldnt be opposed to 14 teams really. That is if 1 or 2 more people end up left out. I could go 12 or 14, both are good numbers and Im sure this group is smart enough to do 14 and have the talent thinned out a little more

I could also go roto or H2H

One thing I find always ends up being a problem is trades. I hate when any trade that isnt blatant cheating, gets vetoed. I say take off vetos, pick 3 people including yourself ICIT, and have a trade committee of honest people who can vote yay or nay on whether the trades pass. just a suggestion.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 07, 2009, 07:46:41 PM

14 is too much, IMO.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 07, 2009, 07:50:22 PM

I wouldnt be opposed to 14 teams really. That is if 1 or 2 more people end up left out. I could go 12 or 14, both are good numbers and Im sure this group is smart enough to do 14 and have the talent thinned out a little more

I could also go roto or H2H

One thing I find always ends up being a problem is trades. I hate when any trade that isnt blatant cheating, gets vetoed. I say take off vetos, pick 3 people including yourself ICIT, and have a trade committee of honest people who can vote yay or nay on whether the trades pass. just a suggestion.
I am gonna say lets just roll with 12... if there is more interest I am sure we can form a 2nd league.

Ronde, I like the idea of a committee.  I am with you all the way on the committee.  

#40 : February 07, 2009, 07:55:59 PM

Just for example...

2 years ago in my money league, 2 t8eams decided to trade Chad Tracy for Brad Lidge straight up. The trade got vetoed because everyone said CHAD TRACY was too good. Then 3 months later, Lidge was the closer once again in Houston and began shaping into old form while Tracy disappeared and hasnt been seen since. This trade got vetoed because other managers thought their opinions on how to make another team better were smarter than the actual manager of the team who was trying to get Brad LIdge.

I see trades all the time that I think are not even value-wise, but I never veto them because its not my place to decide what is best for someone elses team, or  that my opinion on a players value is better than theres. So I only veto trades when there is clear cheating.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 07, 2009, 09:00:42 PM

Trade veto's need to be left alone IMO. A few years ago in the PR fantasy basketball league this issue came up with Ray and it might have even been you ronde. In fact I'm almost positive it was you because you were using the same argument then, that "it's not my place to decide what's best for another team". IMO if you are in a league with 12 other people it's EVERYONES business what trades go through. A committe would do nothing but bring tension, it automatically puts a few members of the league above others when we should all have equal say. IMO if you want a trade to go through, make sure it's equal...it's that simple. Now if a trade is equal and people veto it simply because they don't want a strong team to get stronger than that's different. But considering the group of guys in this league I don't think that will be an issue.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#42 : February 07, 2009, 09:15:09 PM

If it isn't filled up, I would do it.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 07, 2009, 09:33:10 PM

Ronde for a good laugh go back to our PR basketball league a few years ago and read the comments. All the battles with you/Ray/myself are pretty hilarious.

#44 : February 08, 2009, 12:20:45 PM

IMO if you are in a league with 12 other people it's EVERYONES business what trades go through.

in what way? if there is cheating, YES. If someone is doing a trade that I just think is uneven but within reason, then no my opinion shouldnt count. Do I get to choose who you draft also? If you pick Pat Burrell in round 3 do I get to ask the league to veto your bad draft pick? Pretty soon you have every trade getting vetoed, and everyone in the league has the power to shape and mold other peoples teams.

In my basketball league this year, IM the commish, and I have all the power to allow trades or disallow them. And there hasnt been one trade this year that I have shot down. That includes someone in week 2 of the season who traded Elton Brand (5th overall pick in our draft) for Spencer Hawes straight up. I nearly shot the trade down, but I didnt because its not my right to tell another team that they cant trade Elton Brand away if they think it is helping their team.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 22
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR Fantasy Baseball « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools