Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cards OC Todd Haley replaces Herm Edwards as HC in KC « previous next »
Page: 1

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

: February 06, 2009, 02:28:39 AM

Terrible hire. They are really going to regret this one in KC.
based on what?

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#1 : February 06, 2009, 01:53:38 AM

Terrible hire. They are really going to regret this one in KC.

HughC

Pro Bowler

#2 : February 06, 2009, 01:28:31 AM

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9187366/Sources:-Chiefs-offer-job-to-Cards%27-offensive-boss

FOX Sports is reporting that the Chiefs have offered the HC position to Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley and he has accepted. They are now trying to work out terms of a contract agreement.

Haley interviewed for the position earlier this week and a Cardinals player at the Pro Bowl told FOXSports.com Haley was scheduled to arrive in Honolulu for the Pro Bowl Thursday as a guest of Cardinals wideout Larry Fitzgerald, but canceled at the last moment because of the Kansas City job.

"He's going to be a big loss for us," another Cards player told FOXSports.com.

A different Cardinals player said, "He was really liked in the locker room, because we felt like he was always trying to figure something out for us for Sundays. He never stopped."

Haley called the plays for the high-flying Cardinals offense that shocked the world by not only getting to the Super Bowl, but nearly winning it last Sunday.

HughC

Pro Bowler

#3 : February 06, 2009, 11:23:49 AM

Remember when the Cardinals crushed the Panthers in the playoffs?
Here's a bit of insight in to how it happened, as well as KC's new head coach.
Cardinals take Todd Haley's play from pie in the sky to reality

Rewind to last Friday, when the Cardinals were making their four-hour charter flight to Charlotte, N.C., for a divisional playoff game against the Carolina Panthers, who were favored by 10 points. Throughout the regular season, Arizona failed to win a road game outside of its division, and was 0-5 in games played in the Eastern time zone.

Haley, a former assistant coach with the New York Jets, Chicago Bears and Dallas Cowboys, was doing what he typically does on flights -- or any spare moment, really. He was watching game footage on his laptop.

"I love long flights," he said in a phone interview later. "Just to sit there for four or five hours and watch tape with no distractions. It's great."

On this flight, of course, he was studying footage of the Panthers against NFC South opponents. He was looking for tendencies by Carolina's defense, any pre-snap cues that might tip off what the Panthers liked to do, any weaknesses in their coverage schemes.

"I kept seeing a familiar formation show up," he said. "The left corner did the same thing over and over. I could see how they were trying to play the defense."

So, naturally, Haley went on the offensive. He tore out a sheet of notebook paper, clicked open his pen and started to sketch a play. It called for quarterback Kurt Warner to freeze the defense with a fake pitch, roll right, then look for star receiver Larry Fitzgerald streaking the left middle of the field.

Seems like KC had made their mind up about who the new head coach would be some time ago, but had to wait for Arizona's season to end in order to announce it.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cards OC Todd Haley replaces Herm Edwards as HC in KC « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools