Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lions Fans want Rice and Kelly... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

: January 20, 2007, 12:17:33 PM

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 20, 2007, 12:14:32 PM

Rice is the highest paid DE but dosen't produce like it.

Rice  + 7.2 million <  Smith + salery + 2nd round pick

He's actually done the more sacks than anyone over time thing until this year. He's earned his keep. I think folks look at Smith and see more than he's been. He's not an elite pass rusher and he doesn't generate quick pressure off the edge.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 20, 2007, 11:27:55 AM

If a team offers a high draft pick for Galloway the Bucs would be crazy not to consider it.

LVBUC

Practice Squad

#3 : January 20, 2007, 11:24:15 AM

I look at the value. Ask yourself this question. Rice has a 10 million Cap. Can the Bucs get a youger player of rices caliber for 10 million? I think so.

Of the FA DE's, Freeney is the only one who may come close to Rice's caliber, and he's coming off a sub-par year as well. Can you get him for $ 10 mil ? In this market, I seriously doubt it. If you cut Rice, I believe his hit is still in the $ 7-8 mil range. You'd be hard pressed to draft anyone who will produce next year if you're looking for double digit sacks. JMO

Smith     2.08 million 05
Freeney 5.0 million
Thomas 5.8 million
Grant     2.1 million
Kerney  4.9 mllion
Rice       6.0 million

Rice    7.25 million 07

Rice is the highest paid DE but dosen't produce like it.

Rice  + 7.2 million <  Smith + salery + 2nd round pick

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 20, 2007, 11:22:41 AM

Both need to be shipped out.  The Bucs tried to delay the rebuilding of the offense and it blew up in their faces.  The same misake can not and should not happen with the defense.   The Bucs defense has been moving towards a youth movement the last several years anyways so why take a 180 degree turn on the long term plan already in place that has started to take shape? ??? ??? ???

#2Linebacker32

Starter

#5 : January 20, 2007, 10:12:15 AM

Kelly never said he wanted a huge payday. All he said was that he wanted security to get another deal done so he could finish his careere with the Bucs. He never wanted the huge payday. Its was all about just extnding his contract so he can go into his last year not worried about if he going to get cut or be a Buc the next year.

These guys are huge for us. Remember when our defense was bad 2 years ago in the passing game why was that. Kelly being hurt. Then he comes back healthy the next year and we are no.1 in the leauge. Gets hurt this year and we sucked agian in the passing game. Kelly is the X-factor to our pass D that allows for Baber to do what he does. Kelly will be here no doubt and i know Rice will also. People dont realize that rice got hurt in the first Saints game. He's a great player and still on of the most dominant DE's in the game. There is no substitute for that in FA this year. Only Freeney would be able to oust Rice...

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 20, 2007, 09:29:18 AM

Why no left tackle?

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 20, 2007, 09:00:16 AM

I believe that was a joke

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#8 : January 20, 2007, 09:17:05 AM

Just think if we get a 2nd and 3rd for those guys respectfully:
round 1: Calvin Johnson
2) Quentin Moses - DE Georgia
2) Buster Davis - LB FSU
2) Marcus Thomas - DT Florida
3) Doug Datish C - Ohio State
3)Brian Leonard  - FB Rutgers

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 20, 2007, 08:46:08 AM

Step away from the computer and turn on Madden.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

140BPM

Practice Squad

#10 : January 20, 2007, 03:36:54 AM

Two 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick for both. ;)

#11 : January 20, 2007, 01:40:11 AM

A trade may be difficult unless he restructures.....I doubt that happens.

psymun

Starter
#12 : January 19, 2007, 12:00:55 PM

I was over on a few of the Lion's MBs and it seems the fans really want Rice and Kelly... One could only hope that Marinelli wants them just as bad... and sends us some draft picks to get them... not likely though..

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#13 : January 19, 2007, 12:05:01 PM

I wouldn't mind giving up Rice but I think that Kelly is our best CB, not Ronde.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 19, 2007, 12:08:12 PM

I hear people dismiss BK like he'll be easy to replace. I don't get it, IMO, he's one of the best in the league. Monte knows it, Gruden knows it, let's hope Allen gives him some love to stay.

Rice is STILL a force on this defense and will be here at least another year. Again, another player that gets dismissed. He's a dominant force and those don't grow on trees in the NFL.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lions Fans want Rice and Kelly... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools