Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lions Fans want Rice and Kelly... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

#105 : January 20, 2007, 05:05:47 PM

I will leave the Rice issue alone. Some people got into heated arguments with me last year when I said Brooks was slipping and that Quarles had a better year.  I think it just be best to let the situation play itself out. I will go out on a limb and say I guarantee Rice is not a BUc next year. I guess I just believe in Gruden to do the right thing, he usually does.

Brooks did look like he was playing injured. I think it was injury more so than old age.

I'm not completely against trading Rice, as this is the last year you can get anything from him. But what do you get in return ? I think a healthy Rice is still a productive Rice and believe he has a year or two left in the tank. His output will be better  if they bring in a better UT on that line. But it all hinges on if he's healthy IMHO.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#106 : January 20, 2007, 05:28:02 PM

Sapp was consistently dominating and always came up with a sack on 3rd down or fumble recovery in the 4th quarter. Rice rarely ever dominates anymore

I love Sapp, but that is far from the truth.  If it were true, his stats would be inhuman...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#107 : January 20, 2007, 05:35:50 PM

The key to the Rics situation, IMO is his contract.  If he signs a reasonable extension in the offseason, he remains a Buc IMO.  If he refuses an extension, you only have him for one more year, after which you lose him and get no value in return. 

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#108 : January 20, 2007, 05:37:36 PM

if he is soooooo terrible, no one will trade for him, correct?

I bet if he is on the trade-block, with his current cintract, there will be plaenty of teams attempting to get his services for the year ahead, assuming he is healthy of course.

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lions Fans want Rice and Kelly... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools