Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lil Wayne « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 10, 2009, 08:31:28 AM

check out any of the Grammy award winning songs .....

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 10, 2009, 08:36:03 AM

his name is filtered on the billboard charts...and won just about every rap grammy if that means anything.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 10, 2009, 09:38:48 AM

check out any of the Grammy award winning songs .....

And which were those?

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 10, 2009, 09:44:29 AM

I have to admit I like a lot of Lil Wayne's work, and I believe is one of the key contributors in transitioning the genre given its current state.

transitioning? transitioning what? Crap to Crap?

lol

Um..how do I say this w/o being inflammatory....someone with Gene Simmons in their sig is probably not qualified to judge the quality of music.  No offense, but that guy is a piece of garbage.  Not you, the singer.  And, JMO, Kiss wasn't very talented musically.  People like music that doesn't measure up to critical acclaim.  But to call out someone else's musical choice, when you love (I'm assuming, since you've based your sig around them) a less than talented group yourself is just hating for the sake of hating.  Makes you sound like an crusty old fuddy-duddy.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 10, 2009, 09:52:01 AM

this should get you started, also by the power of google.

Lil Wayne won rap album of the year for "Tha Carter III" as well as best rap solo performance for "A Milli," rap song for "Lollipop" and rap/sung collaboration for "Swagga Like Us" during the pre-telecast. The artist, who joined Allen Toussaint, Terence Blanchard and Robin Thicke for a musical salute to New Orleans, led the nominee field going into tonight with nods in eight categories.

Kevin Rudolf Featuring Lil Wayne   Let It Rock

Lil Wayne   Prom Queen

Keri Hilson Featuring Lil Wayne   Turnin Me On

Lil Wayne Featuring Bobby Valentino & Kidd Kidd   Mrs. Officer

T-Pain Featuring Lil Wayne   Can't Believe It

Jay-Z & T.I. Featuring Kanye West & Lil Wayne   Swagga Like

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 10, 2009, 09:48:17 AM

By the power of google, I was able to figure out the songs that he won with were A Milli and Lollipop.     Since they were the best of the year, I'm really expecting to hear something special.   On the same level of a Stairway to Heaven type of masterpiece.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#36 : February 10, 2009, 10:21:51 AM

By the power of google, I was able to figure out the songs that he won with were A Milli and Lollipop. Since they were the best of the year, I'm really expecting to hear something special. On the same level of a Stairway to Heaven type of masterpiece.

Good job, I knew you could do it

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 10, 2009, 12:20:24 PM

Does the guy have a hit song I could download to check out?

Crickets chirpping........apparently not, which isn't a surprise.

Look old timers just because Lil Weezy isn't your cup of tea doesn't mean the guy is talentless. Dude rips off hit after hit and has been for a long time. The kid is money

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 10, 2009, 12:24:47 PM

Look old timers just because Lil Weezy isn't your cup of tea doesn't mean the guy is talentless. Dude rips off hit after hit and has been for a long time. The kid is money

tell 'em whippersnapper

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#39 : February 10, 2009, 12:33:52 PM

So does Britney Spears, Jonas Brothers, and countless other talentless artists in the music industry.  Music sucks today, and having a "hit" means nothing.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#40 : February 10, 2009, 12:42:59 PM

By the power of google, I was able to figure out the songs that he won with were A Milli and Lollipop.     Since they were the best of the year, I'm really expecting to hear something special.   On the same level of a Stairway to Heaven type of masterpiece.

I just listened to it and I think you set your expectations a bit too high. On the upside, the youtube video I listened to me took me to the never to be forgotten classic "shut up b**** swallow".

This guy has unlimited songwriting and performing talent.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 10, 2009, 01:12:31 PM

Jay-Z & T.I. Featuring Kanye West & Lil Wayne   Swagga Like
Good song in spite of Wayne and Jay-Z

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#42 : February 10, 2009, 01:12:54 PM

How in the name of the great Jesus did this thread hit 2 pages?

Lil Wayne is a goon.  His voice is annoying, his rap style is awful...

I stopped listening to hip hop years ago.  I have the older stuff, and I am happy with some of it.  The new crap my lil bro listens to constantly eats my taint.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 10, 2009, 01:33:12 PM

I'm LOLing at the rap fans...

I feel sorry for you, ALL of you...

Let's talk about KISS some more, we don't do that enough...

Where is that KISS is the best group ever thread?

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#44 : February 10, 2009, 01:48:43 PM

Lil Wayne is one of the best rappers out there today - Jay-Z is still king but Lil Wayne has a lot of good songs.  Some of you people are showing your limited ability to understand today's hip-hop.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lil Wayne « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools