Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Caddy ever be an elite RB in this league? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

: January 20, 2007, 12:31:18 PM

No RB would be considered Elite behind our offensive line. LT would have been stuffed, constantly behind this line. Every "ELITE" RB has a good offensive line infront of them. Name one ELITE RB who doesn't? Until the Bucs shore up the Offensive and defensive lines they will have a losing record.
Truth my man.

#1 : January 20, 2007, 12:28:14 PM

Walking Corpse just said it best; the TRUELY great ones can make things happen with an average or
crappy O-Line.  ;)

T

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 20, 2007, 09:53:56 AM

No RB would be considered Elite behind our offensive line. LT would have been stuffed, constantly behind this line. Every "ELITE" RB has a good offensive line infront of them. Name one ELITE RB who doesn't? Until the Bucs shore up the Offensive and defensive lines they will have a losing record.

140BPM

Practice Squad

#3 : January 20, 2007, 03:39:06 AM

He HAS to learn how to catch out of the backfield and must step up his blocking before he becomes even an above-average back.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#4 : January 20, 2007, 02:14:25 AM

New offensive line and a new coach and he could become a top 10 running back in the league. I am still not sold on him. When I think of elite backs I think of backs who can get it done with offensive line issues, and even running backs who can do it without a great QB.
  Don't have to spend too much time on that, it must be a damn short list.  Trying to think of one, and I can't at the moment.  An elite back whose offensive line has issues ...  nope, I can't think of one.

3 of the best.... Barry Sanders, Walter Payton (For much of his career he had NOTHING else on the offensive side of the ball) and OJ Simpson.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 20, 2007, 01:59:50 AM

so when Clayton was having a great rookie year and jackson couldnt beat out faulk who had to bad knees i am sure that you where not all over the front office for the Clayton pick as it looked like he was a stud

#6 : January 20, 2007, 01:51:49 AM

Jackson is alot bigger than Caddy and is a complete stud and would be with a great line or not, and I was
literally praying on my knees when it was our turn to pick and he was still there only to hear........
"and the Buccaneers select WR Michael Clayton".  [banghead]

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 20, 2007, 01:44:49 AM

So when you say that Jackson is head and shoulders above caddy, do you think he would be the could with out one of the best LT in Pace and a solid RT in Barron not to mention that they have a top 15 QB in Bulger throwing to a top 5 WR I am sure if the Bucs had a top 5 WR, top 15 QB and to studs playing tackle Caddy would look just as good a s Jackson

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#8 : January 19, 2007, 05:53:17 PM

I for one think he definitely will be.  Yeah, he had a tough 06' season but I think it was more a result of the overall **CENSORED**tiness of this offense.  Kid can't ever get into a rhythm.  Caddy makes some special runs and he often has to make a defensive player in our backfield miss before he can hit the damn hole.  I agree with the criticism that he struggles catching the ball out of the backfield and is probably better suited playing the Deuce McAllister/Fred Taylor role in this offense for now.  He's not the true West Coast Offense back yet but I think he can be.  I think Caddy would benefit if we added a Maurice Jones Drew type back to spell him on third downs.  Pittman is a good blocker and a great receiver but is not a huge threat running the ball which is one of the big reasons we struggle on third downs.  I think Caddy can be a 1400 yd 10 td guy if this offense ever get's it's act together.  He's a tough runner and get's stronger as the game goes and he has enough speed to break a the long run. 

I refuse to give up on the guy, he had a hell of a rookie season and a sophomore slump.  Da 07 Caddy will SHINE!!!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 19, 2007, 05:54:46 PM

I sincerely hope so, but the truth is that he's got a long way to go.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 19, 2007, 05:56:36 PM

I think he already is an elite back in the NFL.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 19, 2007, 05:57:25 PM

I think he will be.  He dropped too many balls this year in the passing game, but it was still a marked improvement from last season.  As for his running, you can blame that on the O'Line and QB play.  

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 19, 2007, 06:00:01 PM

The answer is YES, when he gets a line that can consistently open a crease. He can make it from there. The kid has talent and can be special.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#13 : January 19, 2007, 06:00:50 PM

If the Bucs can't get an O line and have a passing game going, he never will be with the Bucs.  IMO, the lack of a passing attack enabled defenses to focus on stopping Caddy, hence the low production

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 19, 2007, 06:03:46 PM

I totally think Caddy will be an elite RB in this league...whether it is at Tampa Bay or not is the question...Tampa isnt known for its running game that much....hell its not known for ANYTHING but the D...our offense has never looked good...honestly..that 02 Team was ALL D....now i believe..and im going out on the LIMB to say this but i think if Simms/Galloway start tagging back up and making good plays and got a good relationship with Pitt/Caddy we can make this O look alot better...Also if we draft CJ we can definately bump our WR core alot...CJ will make an amazing addition to the team...and honestly....if you think about it...this entire year can be summed up by saying our WR's couldnt make the plays and couldnt keep the ball in their hands...granted Grad was a little gunshy of throwing a good deep ball but if we utilize this team and have the D get some fresh blood and have Simeon and Brian back we could possibly be a superbowl contender...i dont wanna press that so i look like an idiot but we got the makings to be a good team...and im willing to give Jon another year if he can maximize every FA/Draft potential to make this team better. To the BUCS AND A GOOD 07 SEASON!

Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Caddy ever be an elite RB in this league? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools