Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Caddy ever be an elite RB in this league? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

« #15 : January 19, 2007, 06:05:35 PM »

The answer is YES, when he gets a line that can consistently open a crease. He can make it from there. The kid has talent and can be special.
Agreed completely.

« #16 : January 19, 2007, 06:11:50 PM »

Caddynistas Unite!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #17 : January 19, 2007, 06:12:06 PM »

The answer is YES, when he gets a line that can consistently open a crease. He can make it from there. The kid has talent and can be special.
Agreed completely.

There is a little more to it, IMO.  Before he can be "elite", he needs to be able to stay on the field all 3 downs.  For that to be the case, he needs to spend a lot of time in the offseason with the Juggs machine and the blocking sled.  But I agree that the line held him back this year.

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #18 : January 19, 2007, 06:24:57 PM »

I think that he will eventually work up to that level.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
« #19 : January 19, 2007, 06:27:43 PM »

when he came into the league, there wasn't a sportswriter in the country who wasn't in love with his running style.  with his god-given skill and lack of character flaws, i think it's only a matter of time....elite? who knows...pro-bowls? he'll get a few before he's done in tampa.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #20 : January 19, 2007, 06:37:42 PM »

If the Bucs can't get an O line and have a passing game going, he never will be with the Bucs. IMO, the lack of a passing attack enabled defenses to focus on stopping Caddy, hence the low production
  You are spot on with the need for production from the qb - you used passing game, but in Tampa it is production from the qb.  As for the Oline, that impossible dream might be at hand.  If the bucs can get Joe Thomas the rest could fall in place with the addition of an NFL center who can make the line calls AND block.  Keeping my fingers crossed on this one that he is available and the bucs do indeed draft him.  If the pass on an opportunity at Thomas I will be having a conniption - whatever that is.  LOL

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

« #21 : January 19, 2007, 06:39:06 PM »

Definitely-- I mean the guy now breaks 2-3 tackles to get to the LOS -- imagine when a line will get a push off the LOS what he can do with that much open space. The guy is money when he gets into the open field. He also shows a very nice burst through the hole and runs hard between the tackles once he gets past that first wave and into the LB corp he always seems to get North and South and squirt thorugh that second wave. IMo he needs just a tad more patience but other than that he has a great running style and with this line and QB situation  it was amazing he had a positive ypc avg this year at all. When Alstott cant even get 3 feet you know this line is run blocking like crap.

What we really need is a bigger center -- we were getting killed by opposing defenses in the A gap. Not to mention every damn team we faced kept a safety and all LB's up because we couldn't throw either.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

« #22 : January 19, 2007, 06:42:42 PM »

Yes, with the right o-line and getting rid of the injuries, i think he will be a pro bowler

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #23 : January 19, 2007, 07:09:58 PM »

Before getting too much into the probowl rush - Caddy needs to improve.  His running is good, but he needs to be disiplined in blocking responsibilites and somehow learn how to catch the damn ball regularly.  If not he is just a signal beacon that he is in to run the ball - and that limits the offense. 

Would be just as nice if he could lose the problems with his feet, and his back.  Best ability a player can have is AVAILABILITY.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #24 : January 19, 2007, 07:16:22 PM »

He will be a blue collar back but so is a guy like Stephen Jackson.  If he is a hard worker and the O-line shapes up then he could be a top five back.  We have to get that left side of the line shored up though.

« #25 : January 19, 2007, 07:33:27 PM »

Agreed completely.

There is a little more to it, IMO.  Before he can be "elite", he needs to be able to stay on the field all 3 downs. 

Not only must he be on the field for all 3 downs, but he needs to be available for a full season.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #26 : January 19, 2007, 07:48:48 PM »

New offensive line and a new coach and he could become a top 10 running back in the league. I am still not sold on him. When I think of elite backs I think of backs who can get it done with offensive line issues, and even running backs who can do it without a great QB.

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

« #27 : January 19, 2007, 08:10:42 PM »

New offensive line and a new coach and he could become a top 10 running back in the league. I am still not sold on him. When I think of elite backs I think of backs who can get it done with offensive line issues, and even running backs who can do it without a great QB.
I agree...the O runs more effectively and efficently with a good OL...but we need that DL to force other teams to do bad...CJ will be a big addition to this team as well

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #28 : January 19, 2007, 08:14:47 PM »

Both legitimate points.
Agreed completely.

There is a little more to it, IMO. Before he can be "elite", he needs to be able to stay on the field all 3 downs.

Not only must he be on the field for all 3 downs, but he needs to be available for a full season.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

corporal.clegg

Second String

« #29 : January 19, 2007, 08:24:04 PM »

I think he already is an elite back in the NFL.

???  Elite backs can play all three downs, block and catch.  Caddy is not that guy yet, but fingers crossed.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Caddy ever be an elite RB in this league? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools