Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zuttah and Jago...Jagodzi....Jogodzinksi?.... « previous next »
Page: 1

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
: February 11, 2009, 10:17:51 PM

has it been made official that the Bucs are going to go with a ZBS or is it just an assumption?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 11, 2009, 10:22:08 PM

has it been made official that the Bucs are going to go with a ZBS or is it just an assumption?
Assumed.

It is the way he does business though, so it is pretty much written in stone.

jeanclaudtransam

Starter

#2 : February 11, 2009, 10:42:12 PM

Boid, I'm not sure if I would doubt Penn so quickly. I think Penn will be much more effective in a ZBS. His problems in run blocking have been that he isn't really a mauler, he is more of a finesse type OT IMO. In the ZBS he will be able to move a lot more and get to the 2nd level a lot more, it should help him out a lot. I think the person who may struggle in the ZBS the mose is Arron Sears. He is more of a mauler than any other OLineman, and it could be tough for him in the new scheme. Trueblood will have some problems, however I don't think he will struggle as bad as many think. I also think he is better than most give him credit for. Yes he has penalties, however he also is an enforcer, and every OL needs that.

I doubt Sears will be the one with the most trouble. Sears was pulling more than any other player on the line, with alot of the rushing success coming behind Davin and True with Sears pulling to that side. Trueblood will probably have the most trouble with the ZBS switch but I wouldnt write him off yet.

Can't deny that the tackle spots could both be upgraded, and maybe Zuttah can the ability, but the we could do a hell of alot worse than starting the same 5 guys from last season. Not to mention the chemistry between them will continue to improve

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#3 : February 11, 2009, 09:41:07 PM

Boid, I'm not sure if I would doubt Penn so quickly. I think Penn will be much more effective in a ZBS. His problems in run blocking have been that he isn't really a mauler, he is more of a finesse type OT IMO. In the ZBS he will be able to move a lot more and get to the 2nd level a lot more, it should help him out a lot. I think the person who may struggle in the ZBS the mose is Arron Sears. He is more of a mauler than any other OLineman, and it could be tough for him in the new scheme. Trueblood will have some problems, however I don't think he will struggle as bad as many think. I also think he is better than most give him credit for. Yes he has penalties, however he also is an enforcer, and every OL needs that.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 11, 2009, 10:04:13 PM

Zuttah has no game experience playing LT. He has played RT though and I'm going to agree with yuc. Zuttah will probably start over Trueblood because he fits better for the ZBS. Put, Jeremy on the trade block.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 11, 2009, 09:15:48 PM

...Anyway, always had a tough time with some of the polish names.  With the alleged zone-blocking scheme coming to bloom in Tampa, would Zuttah be a good fit for the line?  He is probably the fastest lineman on the team, held up well in active play, and would benefit from all the pulling and stunting required of said scheme.

So maybe a slower guy like Penn might be expendable, and Zuttah can convert as someone asked...

I think Zuttah is going to get a nod, just a hunch.  But where?

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#6 : February 11, 2009, 09:19:42 PM

I agree Boid. Zuttah IMO could be a ZBS OT for sure. I am very excited to see him in the future, the kid has some great athleticism and good instincts.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 11, 2009, 09:20:12 PM

I could see Zuttah contending with Penn, Trueblood or even Sears.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 11, 2009, 09:25:38 PM

Got to believe that he might unseat Trueblood at RT
I just don't see that friend.

But there has to be a spot for him somewhere.  And I think when all the running happens in TC, Penn might find himself "sweating" mentally.

klb55

Starter

#9 : February 11, 2009, 11:54:48 PM

Got to believe that he might unseat Trueblood at RT

agreed

blitz

Pro Bowler
#10 : February 12, 2009, 12:07:38 AM

Zuttah will NEVER beat out Penn.   The guy got owned regularly this year.   Pie in the sky.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 12, 2009, 09:41:45 AM

nothing wrong with a versatile backup....maybe when it's time for faine or sears to test the market, now we worry a little less....doesn't faine have voidable years in his contract?

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#12 : February 12, 2009, 09:52:59 AM

Thought Zuttah was drafted just to be a backup in case one of the starting guards made the probowl as an alternate for example and then wanted a big contract.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zuttah and Jago...Jagodzi....Jogodzinksi?.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools