Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem - "we need to get tougher" « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : February 21, 2009, 01:11:26 PM

Quote from:           Coach Rah
"You're looking for 53 guys who are going to buy in and then go to war with those guys. If it's only 40 at the time, then you play with those 40 until you can develop the other guys, and you tolerate the rest until you can replace them."

Extremely interesting. Thus far, i'm loving the new approach!!

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 23, 2009, 01:41:49 PM

Quote from: � � � � � Coach Rah
"You're looking for 53 guys who are going to buy in and then go to war with those guys. If it's only 40 at the time, then you play with those 40 until you can develop the other guys, and you tolerate the rest until you can replace them."

How is that a new approach?

Probably because our franchise hasn't been run like that for the last 6 years...since the coach who's name begins with a D...

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 21, 2009, 01:21:40 PM

I love those comments in the last few paragraphs.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 21, 2009, 01:22:43 PM

Yepper - he is sounding like several of the nutcases you sit with at the get2gethers...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 21, 2009, 01:45:44 PM

Thats funny for sure..

Yepper - he is sounding like several of the nutcases you sit with at the get2gethers...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 21, 2009, 02:18:43 PM

Thats funny for sure..

yea - you are one of us... LOL

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 21, 2009, 02:26:15 PM

Thats funny for sure..

yea - you are one of us... LOL

Not a chance.. ;)

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 22, 2009, 12:26:55 AM

More pads is good for high school teams.   I'm not so sure it's necessary in the NFL.  If they don't know how to hit by that time, they might as well hang it up.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 22, 2009, 01:22:13 AM

Joe,

Don't believe he is referring to an injury.

Brooks and Galloway regularly got days off, injured or not.

I didn't think he was referring to an injury. I thought he might be referring to the normal days that Galloway gets off. Does Joey not get those days off any more?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 22, 2009, 01:26:58 AM

Preach on, Morris!  Let's be a tough, hard-nosed, physical team.  Let's finally get an identity!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 22, 2009, 01:27:38 AM

Joe,

Don't believe he is referring to an injury.

Brooks and Galloway regularly got days off, injured or not.

I didn't think he was referring to an injury. I thought he might be referring to the normal days that Galloway gets off. Does Joey not get those days off any more?

I'm hoping the new regime won't be making it a habit of guys old enough to need it, so it will be moot

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 22, 2009, 02:21:33 AM

It is football.  It requires pads.

IMO, all the practices should be run in pads.  Or at least large portions of them...

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem - "we need to get tougher" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools