Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Franchise tag and trade Penn, move Zuttah to LT??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 12, 2009, 01:20:55 PM

The guy isn't asking to be the highest paid LT in the league...he just wants a legit contract instead of a 1yr tender...I say give him a contract and if we do get Gross then maybe they can deal him or keep him to compete for the starting job and probably end up as the backup
Quality depth is always a great thing to have, especially on the OL, but if you let Penn go for a first? Considering he was undrafted...you have to admit that that is a great deal and you benefit greatly. It would seem to be a better situation if we can find a great OT in the draft after picking at 19.

Simon Phoenix

Starter

#16 : February 12, 2009, 01:27:04 PM

The guy isn't asking to be the highest paid LT in the league...he just wants a legit contract instead of a 1yr tender...I say give him a contract and if we do get Gross then maybe they can deal him or keep him to compete for the starting job and probably end up as the backup
Quality depth is always a great thing to have, especially on the OL, but if you let Penn go for a first? Considering he was undrafted...you have to admit that that is a great deal and you benefit greatly. It would seem to be a better situation if we can find a great OT in the draft after picking at 19.

If they can get a 1st for him, then they should go for it...I just don't know if anyone would grab him for a 1st someone might but I don't know...and drafting an OT is not a garauntee that they will be a stud...i'd like to see Penn stay if not starting then to backup...but I wouldn't be upset to see him go if we got good compensation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

We can rebuild him..we have the technology

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 12, 2009, 04:21:57 PM

In the long run, the less turnover on the OL, the better.

Unless the OL blows, and our doesn't. It's just young..

3drdre

Starter

#18 : February 12, 2009, 05:08:44 PM

We aren't getting a first for Penn, and Zuttah doesn't have the size to play LT.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 12, 2009, 05:23:11 PM

In a zone blocking scheme Zuttah has enough size to play LT, it is based more on lateral quickness and intelligence then girth

Zuttah also is probably one of the smartest guys on the team, being at Rutgers and getting a degree in something else then sports medicine(dont remember what it was) but Zuttah is very versatile, fast, and smart. I would deffinately trust him on the outside if we get a first for Penn.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Franchise tag and trade Penn, move Zuttah to LT??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools