Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Xanders Goodman for the Front Office? « previous next »
Page: 1

docbravo

Pro Bowler

: February 12, 2009, 09:29:43 PM

This is actually 2 people.  Brian Xanders was hired as the new GM in Denver, Jim Goodman and his son were fired.  The Goodmans were more in the personnel, Xanders specialty is in Salary Cap Management.  It seems Denver is now looking for the personnel guy, and the Bucs are looking for the cap guy.

My bad, I totally misread that. I wonder if Jim or Jeff Goodman are any good at managing the salary cap? And if either would be a good fit for our front office.

Of course I'm  assuming that the Bucs don't already have someone who is capable of managing the cap already.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#1 : February 12, 2009, 08:54:21 PM

Profootballtalk.com is reporting that this guy was fired from the Broncos today. Last I checked we have a void created by the loss of Kevin Demoff to the Rams. This guy seems like a perfect fit! This was posted on the Broncos website about him:

Xanders will serve as a contributor in player personnel, salary cap management, contract negotiations and football operations for the Broncos. He will assist with strategic planning, player evaluations and acquisition execution with regards to pro personnel and evaluate assigned positions of need for the NFL Draft.
The 37-year-old also is responsible for the long and short-term strategic planning of the Broncos’ salary cap and cash management.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=357&contentID=8687

Thoughts?

ryanbuc1

Practice Squad

#2 : February 12, 2009, 09:15:20 PM

This is actually 2 people.  Brian Xanders was hired as the new GM in Denver, Jim Goodman and his son were fired.  The Goodmans were more in the personnel, Xanders specialty is in Salary Cap Management.  It seems Denver is now looking for the personnel guy, and the Bucs are looking for the cap guy.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Xanders Goodman for the Front Office? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools