Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leftwich seriously on the radar screen for the Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

docbravo

Pro Bowler

« #150 : February 16, 2009, 11:44:36 AM »

For the �n'th time, I'd like to see Luke beat out who ever the Bucs bring in by a "landslide" and prove he's the guy (Because who ever comes in here has already proven over the last 3-6 years that they SUCK!). I like the idea of not worrying about next years QB Draft class, because, hopefully, we have our QB on the roster now.

Then why, for the love god, are you whining about Leftwich being brought in?  Offer a better solution or quit whining about it.
Who's whining? Can I not say that I think the guy sucks, with out being called a whiner? And I said, in my 2nd post "I have no problems with him taking Griese's spot on the bench behind Luke."
Why, for the love of God, can't you see that? HAHA!

ilovebeer

Starter

« #151 : February 16, 2009, 11:45:28 AM »

after watching him play this year...He makes quick decisions in the pocket, makes his reads fast.  He makes throws that Big Ben can't

docbravo

Pro Bowler

« #152 : February 16, 2009, 11:46:06 AM »

Someone please explain to me what the "blueprint" is.

I think it was Jay-Z's 3rd or 4th Album..... HAHA!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #153 : February 16, 2009, 11:48:16 AM »

Who's whining? Can I not say that I think the guy sucks, with out being called a whiner? And I said, in my 2nd post "I have no problems with him taking Griese's spot on the bench behind Luke."

What if he's better than Luke?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #154 : February 16, 2009, 11:50:50 AM »

You can say whatever you want.  You've been all over the place in this thread.  From Leftwich being Chris Simms, to people on here saying he's a franchise QB, to most want him to start, to few think he can compete for the starters gig better than Griese with McCown.  Then Leftwich sucks, but sucks less than Griese, Grossman, or Fitzpatrick, so it doesn't matter....but you still complain about it.

You don't appear to be worth anymore time.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

« #155 : February 16, 2009, 11:52:47 AM »

What if he's better than Luke?

IMHO, If Byron Leftwich is better than Luke McCown, we are in for a long season. That would mean that Luke is a terrible QB (IMHO), and I'll be the biggest fan for us to draft a QB as high as possible next year.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

« #156 : February 16, 2009, 11:58:27 AM »

You can say whatever you want.  You've been all over the place in this thread.  From Leftwich being Chris Simms (TRUE, BOTH SUCK), to people on here saying he's a franchise QB (NEVER SAID THAT, POINT IT OUT WHERE, AND STOP MAKING CRAP UP!), to most want him to start (READ THE RED BOARD AND SEE FOR YOUR SELF), to few think he can compete for the starters gig better than Griese with McCown.  Then Leftwich sucks (WAS MY POINT FROM THE START), but sucks less than Griese(TRUE), Grossman, or Fitzpatrick, so it doesn't matter(TRUE)....but you still complain about it.(...STILL NOT COMPLAINING)

You don't appear to be worth anymore time. (YOU ARE WELCOMED TO YOUR OPINION)  Thanks for the discussion :o)

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #157 : February 16, 2009, 12:04:34 PM »

IMHO, If Byron Leftwich is better than Luke McCown, we are in for a long season. That would mean that Luke is a terrible QB (IMHO), and I'll be the biggest fan for us to draft a QB as high as possible next year.

...but that is why you need a guy like Byron to be that baseline. I don't think he's a long-term answer but he's sort of the Mendoza line for an NFL QB and if LM isn't ready to be that guy then, as you say it is time to go get a QB.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

« #158 : February 16, 2009, 12:16:52 PM »

...but that is why you need a guy like Byron to be that baseline. I don't think he's a long-term answer but he's sort of the Mendoza line for an NFL QB and if LM isn't ready to be that guy then, as you say it is time to go get a QB.
I understand that point totally. But I don't' want to have to go into this season worrying about who the Back-Up is. That guy is the back-up because he's not good enough to be the starter. If LM isn't ready, he's never going to be ready. It would kill me to see the Bucs lose games with BL at the helm.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #159 : February 16, 2009, 12:22:14 PM »

Someone please explain to me what the "blueprint" is.

Old fashioned football.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #160 : February 16, 2009, 12:28:17 PM »

I understand that point totally. But I don't' want to have to go into this season worrying about who the Back-Up is. That guy is the back-up because he's not good enough to be the starter. If LM isn't ready, he's never going to be ready. It would kill me to see the Bucs lose games with BL at the helm.

I'd hate to lose with BL if BL was there only because he did have a resume - this is the Gruden problem. I've said before that a tie goes to the upside player not to the band-aid starter. Basically BL shouldn't get the job because he's had a job but if he wins it then win or lose you have to roll with your best shot and try and get right for next year.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

« #161 : February 16, 2009, 12:48:57 PM »

I still have a bit of fandumb for this guy..... maybe if they really are committed to the run... ugh

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

docbravo

Pro Bowler

« #162 : February 16, 2009, 06:41:11 PM »

I'd hate to lose with BL if BL was there only because he did have a resume - this is the Gruden problem. I've said before that a tie goes to the upside player not to the band-aid starter. Basically BL shouldn't get the job because he's had a job but if he wins it then win or lose you have to roll with your best shot and try and get right for next year.

I guess I need to be more open minded about our QB position. It's just hard for me to get behind the idea of "yet another veteran retread" for us at QB. I believe we need to establish an identity that we can build upon.  I call it "failing forward." If we lose games in the process of building a solid foundation, philosophy, or identity, I think it's a step in the right direction. I simply would really like for Luke to step up and (not be Great), but solid each week and give us a chance.
  Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leftwich seriously on the radar screen for the Bucs « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools