Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leftwich seriously on the radar screen for the Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 13, 2009, 07:51:33 PM

Seriously, for all the "slow windup" stuff about Byron show me where it shows up in his stats. He's got one bad measure - comp%- and since sacks, fumbles and INT's aren't high as well I'm guessing he's just not very accurate as opposed to the windup issue.

When you are talking about the FA QB market he's as good as it gets out there unless you just love having Luke "Mystery" McCown as your only option.
Leftwich is a stopgap QB.

I prefer to roll with an enigma, before they spend money on a guy who will merely lead the team to...nowhere.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 13, 2009, 07:56:54 PM

http://nationalfootballpost.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=6343&team=23

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 13, 2009, 08:02:25 PM

I prefer to roll with an enigma, before they spend money on a guy who will merely lead the team to...nowhere.

You might want to roll with an enigma but enigmas always sound so promising but you forget a lot of engimas wind up like Gradkowksi and Simms - a whole lot more than wind up like Tom Brady.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 13, 2009, 08:07:43 PM

You might want to roll with an enigma but enigmas always sound so promising but you forget a lot of engimas wind up like Gradkowksi and Simms - a whole lot more than wind up like Tom Brady.
Of course.

But simply put, Leftwich is not that good, and on the BUcs, he will be awful.  It is pretty obvious he is not a guy who has tremendous leadership skills, he is not a guy with intangibles, a guy with a penchant for a nifty throw.  He is not a runner, he is not elusive.  He is not good.

I am telling you, he will look like Byron the Falcant, than Byron the...whatever his best year was...which was far from impressive.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 13, 2009, 08:12:17 PM

Yuck, and do not ever call Luke McCown a "solid backup" again. Where do you get this stuff, dude is 1-6 in his pro career.

cmon man.  this is a team game.  jake plummer had a great record a few years ago, where is he?

Luke showed potential.  thats what we as fans are excited about.  He also showed some inexperienced decisions.  It isnt all going to be gold with finding a qb.

#35 : February 13, 2009, 08:22:10 PM

This Buc fan wants no parts of Leftwich..... he's Chris Simms, the sequel.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 13, 2009, 08:24:12 PM

But simply put, Leftwich is not that good, and on the BUcs, he will be awful.  It is pretty obvious he is not a guy who has tremendous leadership skills, he is not a guy with intangibles, a guy with a penchant for a nifty throw.  He is not a runner, he is not elusive.  He is not good.

I am telling you, he will look like Byron the Falcant, than Byron the...whatever his best year was...which was far from impressive.

Why would he look like ATL Bryon and not JAX Byron? Teams have won with Byron, he can win in this league - not a superstar for sure but he's not an excuse for not winning.

He's at least backup plan in case LM looks like the guy I think he is rather than the guy you think he is.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 13, 2009, 08:24:34 PM

Yes, if you ignore his production in the league.

#38 : February 13, 2009, 08:25:21 PM

Yes, if you ignore his production in the league.

which has been minimal, at best. I'd like to think we're setting our sights higher than mediocre.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 13, 2009, 08:28:04 PM

Leftwich is an upgrade over Griese unless y'all are advocating keeping Griese? :D

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : February 13, 2009, 08:32:22 PM

But simply put, Leftwich is not that good, and on the BUcs, he will be awful.  It is pretty obvious he is not a guy who has tremendous leadership skills, he is not a guy with intangibles, a guy with a penchant for a nifty throw.  He is not a runner, he is not elusive.  He is not good.

Why would he look like ATL Bryon and not JAX Byron? Teams have won with Byron, he can win in this league - not a superstar for sure but he's not an excuse for not winning.

He's at least backup plan in case LM looks like the guy I think he is rather than the guy you think he is.
I have flat out called him an enigma.  I do not know what he can bring for a full 16.  It might be nice, it might be awful.  But the guy has never had a legit shot at being the starter, and for him to once again get snuffed for a guy who is not that good...see his stats...why would I even WANT that?  I have seen him play at least 12-13 times.  His stint with Pittsburgh was nice.  He had a nice game against Indianapolis, I think, a few years ago.  

And why would he look like the Falcant version?  Because he will not have the support of a strong running game to keep him alive.  If we have to rely on a sub 60 percent slinger to lead us to wins, the team will be in a heap of trouble.  He is not that accurate.  His feet cannot keep a collapsing pocket from being houdini"ed".  On the Steelers, yes, he was decent.  Jags, he was decent.  But in both cases, he was another game manager type.

The Bucs have a tough schedule ahead.  They need to lok for more athleticism, and a QB with some ability to hit a spot accurately...espescially with new O-coordinators.  

Just my .02.  You like him as a backup, I do not.  We'll see what happens.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 13, 2009, 08:34:25 PM

I don't think there's a single other HC in the whole NFL who holds Griese in the same esteem as Gruden.

Get it right it would be Olsen not Gruden...OBD

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#42 : February 13, 2009, 08:35:15 PM

Griese is millions cheaper.  Both of them are terrible. 

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 13, 2009, 08:36:38 PM

Yuck, and do not ever call Luke McCown a "solid backup" again. Where do you get this stuff, dude is 1-6 in his pro career.

Ha Ha learn football how many pro starts did the man have? Please give the man an honest chance and don't spew that he has his starts over how many years?...OBD

escobar

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 13, 2009, 09:35:36 PM

I'd rather have Gradkowski back, and I'm serious. Leftwich is a bum and I'm 100 percent certain we will go nowhere with him as our starting QB.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leftwich seriously on the radar screen for the Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools