Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the BUCS franchise ANTONIO BRYANT? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

BucsNoles

Second String

#15 : February 14, 2009, 01:16:41 AM

If you think he wants money, just wait until Big Al lets loose with his demands.

and thats why I dont want big AL.

"Doesn't matter how you start but how you finish."

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 14, 2009, 01:17:40 AM

Bryant will probably get a four year contract but the last thing you want to do is franchise a man who is just back in the league. He wants money and he want it now

If you think he wants money, just wait until Big Al lets loose with his demands.

Big Albert and his agent have said he will be the highest paid defensive player in the league.  Topping Jared Allen deal.

BucsNoles

Second String

#17 : February 14, 2009, 01:20:04 AM

Matt Cassel isn't hating it too much right now. He might if he gets stuck behind Brady, but right now he's living it up.

For 14.65 Million, I will ride the pine for my career.  Nothing new to that guy.

"Doesn't matter how you start but how you finish."

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 14, 2009, 02:25:09 AM

They may just let the market set the price for him in free agency before signing him if his agent is asking for the sun and the moon. Bryant still somewhat carries the stench of his past sins and already has two strikes against him as far as getting along with head coaches.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 14, 2009, 02:25:52 AM

They may just let the market set the price for him in free agency before signing him if his agent is asking for the sun and the moon. Bryant still somewhat carries the stench of his past sins and already has two strikes against him as far as getting along with head coaches.
Cyberdilemma indeed.

CAROLINABUC

Starter

#20 : February 14, 2009, 06:02:03 AM

I think they will sign him before FA because you will have some team pay him as much as Bernard Berrian.

Losing is not a option

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 14, 2009, 07:27:34 AM

YUP...OBD

BucFanOcala

Starter

#22 : February 14, 2009, 08:55:00 AM

They will sign him before free agency.2 or 3  year deal worth about 18 or 20 million...He's a stud and will comand top reciever money and the bucs need ab..And ab needs tampa bay:D

#23 : February 14, 2009, 09:18:16 AM

This is a case of the team having to take a risk due to the shortcomings of the former regime. If we weren't left so devoid of talent at the WR position, we wouldn't be so desperate to keep him here. Truth is he's the only "professional" WR on the roster and there is no way they allow him to venture into free agency. There is no doubt in my mind that he WILL be tagged.

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#24 : February 14, 2009, 09:20:59 AM

I hope they sign Bryant and use the franchise tag on Phillups.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 14, 2009, 10:14:17 AM

if we do let him walk will you turn on the new regime?

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 14, 2009, 10:22:03 AM

Will the management team do this if the contract negotiations are not going as smoothly as desired?

If I were the GM, I would no doubt about it, slap him with the franchise tag if discussions are at an impasse. I would feel they cannot afford to lose the only explosive player on the team (no offense to earnest Graham...I know he can rip off some big runs),

Same here. I hate the Fran-tag, but it's a ness-evil if talks don't work out for now.

Graham didn't get the carries he needed to warm up last season. I hope Morris uses Grahams abilities the right way. He needs to be the number one, no questions. A two-back syatem is fine, but without two really good rb's it's pointless. Dunns ok, but I feel like he takes away from what Graham could be doing if warmed up properly through a game.

if we do let him walk will you turn on the new regime?

Nope, just a bit pissed at Dominik and /or the G-men. It depends on what the issues are really.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 14, 2009, 10:25:25 AM

This is a case of the team having to take a risk due to the shortcomings of the former regime. If we weren't left so devoid of talent at the WR position, we wouldn't be so desperate to keep him here. Truth is he's the only "professional" WR on the roster and there is no way they allow him to venture into free agency. There is no doubt in my mind that he WILL be tagged.
That is bad Hate.  Really a bad opening.  JMVHO.  Turn the page - your dislike of Gruden/Allen is well established - but that day is over.  Let's just look at what is in place.  Find a UT, a DE and a QB - and suddenly things are a lot better - as in very good.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#28 : February 14, 2009, 10:30:44 AM

Graham didn't get the carries he needed to warm up last season. I hope Morris uses Grahams abilities the right way. He needs to be the number one, no questions. A two-back syatem is fine, but without two really good rb's it's pointless. Dunns ok, but I feel like he takes away from what Graham could be doing if warmed up properly through a game.

I think 2 good backs are necessary for Graham.  He seems to have trouble making it through the year when he carries the whole load.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 14, 2009, 10:56:29 AM

I think 2 good backs are necessary for Graham. He seems to have trouble making it through the year when he carries the whole load.
Seems to have trouble making it through the year when he is the workhorse?  He was never the alpha dog until injuries hit...

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the BUCS franchise ANTONIO BRYANT? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools