Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the BUCS franchise ANTONIO BRYANT? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 14, 2009, 11:26:40 AM

Graham didn't get the carries he needed to warm up last season. I hope Morris uses Grahams abilities the right way. He needs to be the number one, no questions. A two-back syatem is fine, but without two really good rb's it's pointless. Dunns ok, but I feel like he takes away from what Graham could be doing if warmed up properly through a game.

I think 2 good backs are necessary for Graham. He seems to have trouble making it through the year when he carries the whole load.
Seems to have trouble making it through the year when he is the workhorse?  He was never the alpha dog until injuries hit...
Just as a note - there is no Alpha dog on the buccs - which makes someone like moreno a potential pick - but on the other hand - that zone blocking system is appreciated by coaches bc it seems most rbs are very effective once the zbs is in place

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JC510

Practice Squad

#31 : February 14, 2009, 11:35:53 AM

Over-rated by almost everyone on here. His numbers are pretty much on par with every other #1 WR in Gruden's offense since 2002 (and all of them except Clayton were way past their prime). He's not anything special. Plus he's gotten into trouble how many times? Is he a "changed man" or is he just behaving for a contract?

Tag him, try to trade him.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 14, 2009, 12:13:23 PM

Better keep him or Luke is not going to have anyone to throw to...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 14, 2009, 12:25:22 PM

Bucs without Bryant last year? Thoughts?

I bet we wouldn't have broke 6 wins.

JC510

Practice Squad

#34 : February 14, 2009, 12:29:42 PM

Bucs without Bryant last year? Thoughts?

I bet we wouldn't have broke 6 wins.

Clayton had 1200 and 7 as #1 WR, just like Bryant.

#35 : February 14, 2009, 12:40:27 PM

Better keep him or Luke is not going to have anyone to throw to...

You've got that right.

And for the record, I don't dislike Gruden.....due was instrumental in a Lombardi coming to Tamap. But that was a looooong time ago and i'm ecstatic a change was made. I'd grown tired of more of the same.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 14, 2009, 01:11:11 PM

His numbers are pretty much on par with every other #1 WR in Gruden's offense since 2002 (and all of them except Clayton were way past their prime).
That's interesting.

We'll find out next season for sure.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 14, 2009, 01:29:11 PM

The catches that Bryant made were significantly better than the ones that Clayton had, or Galloway had as #1's.  He was able to generate  seperation, make moves after the catch...

Joey was pretty much a scorch the earth guy, and Clayton...well...who knows what the hell happened to him.  But after his fluke first year, he doesn't look anything remotely close to decent.  And he was a rookie, so the game tape on him was limited, and he was basically the only option to throw to when the Bucs were trailing by points heading into the second half. 

Bryant is waaaay better than those #1s.

Anyone who watched any Bucs games over the years knows this is true.

JC510

Practice Squad

#38 : February 14, 2009, 01:45:45 PM

McCardell 2003, Clayton 2004, Galloway 2005 were just as impressive as Bryant 2008. McCardell and Galloway probably more so.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 14, 2009, 01:53:29 PM

McCardell 2003, Clayton 2004, Galloway 2005 were just as impressive as Bryant 2008. McCardell and Galloway probably more so.
LOL!

Straight off the sofa, and into your living room... :)

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#40 : February 14, 2009, 01:58:20 PM

LOL!

Straight off the sofa, and into your living room... :)
Yea - read that one and then had to clean up soda...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 14, 2009, 02:01:49 PM

Dbuc, do you think it would be prudent for the BUcs to franchise this guy?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : February 14, 2009, 02:05:02 PM

If they can't get the contract done absolutely - 8-9 mill for the year, they get to see if last year is an indicator of consistent production - get an apples to apples comparison on the qb position - and if they don't keep him - just who in the hell is gonna catch the damned ball...  I don't see the downside.

So yes.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#43 : February 14, 2009, 02:05:50 PM

If they dont come to terms on a contract you better believe they will franchise him. I think he knows this and will try to do his best to make sure that doesnt happen. So Bryant will be back with us either way IMO.

JC510

Practice Squad

#44 : February 14, 2009, 02:07:08 PM

1287, 10
1248, 7
1174, 8
1193, 7

Which WRs had which production? Stop putting Bryant on a pedestal. He's a good WR, thats it.Considering his contract demands ("Larry Fitzgerald money") and his history he's probably more trouble than he's worth.

If we can get a #2 for him I'll take it in a heartbeat.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the BUCS franchise ANTONIO BRYANT? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools