Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Public Still Sky-High on Obama 'Brand' « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #15 : February 16, 2009, 09:49:02 AM »

People see Obama speak and are so relieved to see somebody that seems to be on top of things

Obama didn't appear to be on top of things when he had to ask someone on his staff if he issued another executive order in one of his first few press conferences.  Even dumb 'ole dubya never did that.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #16 : February 16, 2009, 10:01:01 AM »

You think W had any idea that he could even issue an executive order until his boss, **CENSORED**, told him? Sorry but somebody wants to compare just the intelligence of the two, Obama will win every time. Not even close.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

« #17 : February 16, 2009, 10:01:23 AM »

Bush had a 80%+ at one time as well...

Bush needed 911 and the Iraq War to get that high.
Obama needs his "Economic Depression Catastrophe" and the Bush administration to maintain his.

No need for Bush any more. People see Obama speak and are so relieved to see somebody that seems to be on top of things and can speak English really well. Appearance is everything. If the economy tanks even more, people will take it out on Obama. And then Obama's folks will blame it on the Rs for forcing so many cuts from the stimulus bill and say that it was neutered. And so on.

For Obama to maintain these ratings, the economy is going to have to improve and jobs need to be created. From what I have read, he's going to get that in the short run. But the real test will be in the late summer and early fall. Or so I have read/heard from folks like CA Fitts and Celente.

Appearance, marketing and merchandising the "brand" are all in play in this age of American Idol. Just like Idol tries to take an average to below average singer, dress them up, coach them up and then just continually pound it into the public that these people are the greastest, so too I believe, we have seen in the political arena.

Obama may speak well when reading a speech or with reponses to lame setup questions, but, shooting from the hip he stumbles all over himself. Not that we get that many chances to see those situations, just like most Americans didn't know FDR was in a wheelchair at the time.

I have this feeling that we are being set up for when the economy does fall even further, they'll just say that we didn't "stimulate" enough. I don't see how he is going to get that short term bump with so much of this spending coming in the second, third and fourth years.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

« #18 : February 16, 2009, 10:03:44 AM »

You think W had any idea that he could even issue an executive order until his boss, **CENSORED**, told him? Sorry but somebody wants to compare just the intelligence of the two, Obama will win every time. Not even close.

I'd be more then happy to challenge Obama to writing and understanding a P&L, you can't get that kind of experience stapling flyers to a phone pole.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #19 : February 16, 2009, 10:04:04 AM »

Are we changing the argument, now?

The fact remains that Bush never had to ask what executive order he issued in a press conference.  Hence the appearance of being "on top of things" has cracks.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #20 : February 16, 2009, 10:08:52 AM »

Which press conference was this?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #21 : February 16, 2009, 10:31:51 AM »

When he closed Gitmo.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #22 : February 16, 2009, 10:33:11 AM »

When he closed Gitmo.

You have a link to the video or story where it happened? I can't find it on Google.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #23 : February 16, 2009, 10:35:40 AM »

When he closed Gitmo.

You have a link to the video or story where it happened? I can't find it on Google.

I can't either.  That's weird that his press conferences are nowhere to be found.

Maybe it's in the thread about closing Gitmo on here...

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

« #24 : February 16, 2009, 10:48:25 AM »

When he closed Gitmo.

I can't either. That's weird that his press conferences are nowhere to be found.

Maybe it's in the thread about closing Gitmo on here...

This may be what you guys are looking for.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=6707939

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #25 : February 16, 2009, 10:50:59 AM »

That's the one.  Nice work, Kevabuc.

On a side note, has Obama ages quite a bit the past year, or is that just me?

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Public Still Sky-High on Obama 'Brand' « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools