Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your favorite off-season hire? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 15, 2009, 05:56:01 PM

Jags... if nothing else but we needed a fresh look on offense.

My hope is the best offseason hire is Strength and Conditioning coach. No doubt that's been a weakness of ours for a while.

#16 : February 15, 2009, 05:58:19 PM

Bates and Jags definitely.

Mangurian is a close third.

Don't know enough about the other coaching staff to have an opinion.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 15, 2009, 05:59:57 PM

Good point about conditioning.  I was surprised at how little running the team did in TC, and the lack of physical practices.  This, IMO, is partly the cause of our late season let-downs.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 15, 2009, 06:10:08 PM

Mine would have to be Jim Bates. After looking into his defensive philosophy, my worries about Monte leaving have diminished.

Here's a short read for those of you that are unfimiliar with the defense we will be running next year. Sorry if it's been posted before.

http://www.bucem.com/2009/1/27/737218/monte-kiffin-vs-jim-bates

I also really like the Jagodzinski hiring. Earnest Graham will love the zone-blocking scheme and...... cough cough LeSean McCoy would fit in nicely.
 Jagodzinski will impliment lots of play action. We all know that McCown has a very worthy play action fake.

Good read about Bates. From the sounds of it we just have to have big bodies at D that are smart enough for the scheme. It would be great if we didn't have a scheme that relied upon a Warren Sapp-type DT, which is rare, to get pressure.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your favorite off-season hire? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools