Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: JAGODZINSKI DISCUSSES BUCS OFFENSE « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

lovethe bucs

Second String

#30 : February 17, 2009, 03:10:12 PM

I guess we will see... stay tuned

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 17, 2009, 03:22:28 PM

Jags' coaching philosophy: "I don't coach not to lose. I coach to win."

Oh boy! This could be fun. :)

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 17, 2009, 03:53:03 PM

My favorite quote is "I don't coach not to lose. I coach to win." I was one of the biggest Gruden's supporters but it drove me mad that when we had the lead he would never try to score TD's anymore. Gruden would never flat out destroy a team when we could have.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 17, 2009, 03:57:04 PM

My favorite quote is "I don't coach not to lose. I coach to win." I was one of the biggest Gruden's supporters but it drove me mad that when we had the lead he would never try to score TD's anymore. Gruden would never flat out destroy a team when we could have.

That's a subject for debate, IMO.  In the pros, there are no brownie points for running up the score.  Just extra risk.  Risk of injury, for one.  Plus, if you completly embarrass a team, then face that team later in the season, they have extra incentive to play harder against you.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 17, 2009, 03:58:45 PM

We are really going to love the zone blocking scheme here.  Like the shotgun, Gruden seemed really hesitant to adjust to the new reality of the NFL.  

That change alone is going to make the Bucs a more dangerous team.  

DailyRich68

Starter
#35 : February 17, 2009, 04:31:57 PM

The best way to hold a lead is to build it.  Things change too fast in an NFL game to take your foot off the gas.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 17, 2009, 04:32:46 PM

We are really going to love the zone blocking scheme here.  Like the shotgun, Gruden seemed really hesitant to adjust to the new reality of the NFL.  

That change alone is going to make the Bucs a more dangerous team.  

Tell that to Jim Zorn...

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 17, 2009, 04:37:01 PM

That's a subject for debate, IMO. In the pros, there are no brownie points for running up the score. Just extra risk. Risk of injury, for one. Plus, if you completly embarrass a team, then face that team later in the season, they have extra incentive to play harder against you.

What I was referring to was the fact that we let the other team hang around too much. I m not saying to blow the other team out by 30 but if you get a 14 point lead then do it. Gruden's offense seem to hide in a shell as soon as we had a 3 point lead.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 17, 2009, 04:40:47 PM

He did mention 4 QBs. We have Griese,McCown,Johnson.....please dear god do not go with Freeman in the first. Wait a year Jags....wait just one year!

I can tell by your sig who you want to wait for....I'm hoping the Bucs have no shot at him though.   We'd have to be a 4-12 team in 09 to get Bradford next year.   I do hear a lot of people saying how much better the QB class will be next year.   I just don't see it.  I don't really think McCoy or Tebow will be that great in the NFL.   Clausen will be a Rick Mirer not a Joe Montana.  Snead has some promise I think.  

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#39 : February 17, 2009, 04:48:55 PM

Excited for the new team. Cant wait to see who we pick up via free agency and draft.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#40 : February 17, 2009, 05:24:04 PM

"I don't coach not to lose the game, I coach to win it."

Does it for me playa!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 17, 2009, 05:25:29 PM

I remember some Raiders fans who, after the Glazers acquired Gruden, came around to comment to Bucs fans that we'd soon get tired of him going into an offensive shell in the fourth quarter of games and "playing not to lose". I didn't really buy that argument against Gruden back then.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#42 : February 17, 2009, 05:36:40 PM

Certainly the new regime is saying all the right things.  We will have a better understanding after the Draft and any early FA signings.   

Would love to see the Bucs become a run first team that was really successful at it. ala Carolina, Atl, NE, BALT, PITT, NYG, TENN

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#43 : February 17, 2009, 05:38:46 PM

� Jags likes the Bucs' WR corps, singling out Antonio Bryant. He said that he could get Bryant and Joey Galloway on the field together. "We can get anybody to play together."

No, no, no, no, no we all know that can't be done.

HAHA! Good one Dalbuc, I was thinking the same thing!
This guy has all the answers doesn't he? Let me guess, next he'll say he'll use the "Shot-Gun" this year, instead of waiting 4 years....
Get Excited Buc Fans! I can't wait for the season to get started!

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 17, 2009, 05:43:07 PM

If that doesn't get you motivated, God help you. Galloway, Bryant on the outside. draft Harvin in the first round and mix him in along with graham and clifton. give Luke the entire offseason to prep for the starting job. another year under the belts of the o-line. i like where this is going. and solid FA and this team is ready to make a run. maybe not super bowl just yet, but i like the way were going.

Let's wait until Jags sees Galloway jog through his routes when not the primary before we see what Jags actually does.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: JAGODZINSKI DISCUSSES BUCS OFFENSE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools