Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: yuccaneers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

: February 23, 2009, 05:12:00 PM

Look for the record, I was wrong in my actions that is not anyone's fault but my own. As Scott stated I was warned. He is doing what he feels is in the best interest of all parties involved. Credit should have gone to the original content provider. It is no ones fault but my own. What has been done is done now, To SR - credit he did not suspend me or ban me for my actions which if he had I would have also understood.

Further more, even after all of this I still firmly believe that for anyone to think that what the Pewter Report staff does as far as giving or collecting inside information is not worth it that is total false in my opinion, they are still the number one source for Buccaneers coverage.

Good Post! End of Story....can we put this to bed now???

I vote, no.  It's the offseason and I'm bored.  Let's spin the wheel of drama one more time!

So, how come they didn't ban Yuccs for a repeated offense?  Smells like some sort of favortism to me...

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 23, 2009, 05:44:51 PM

Someone lock this.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 22, 2009, 05:39:52 PM

I see this kind of thing on here all of the time. I think that most

people would not assume that Yucc was not there, but rather passing along

info.. I understand the importance of intellectual property rights.

Had he claimed to have written this, than I would understand that this

be an issue.

Like I said, this stuff happens all of the time on mb's

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Snook

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 22, 2009, 05:38:27 PM

Ouch.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#4 : February 22, 2009, 05:38:44 PM

Yucc, what happened to your mid-combine mock draft thread? Was that copy and pasted too?

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#5 : February 23, 2009, 05:04:05 PM

Look for the record, I was wrong in my actions that is not anyone's fault but my own. As Scott stated I was warned. He is doing what he feels is in the best interest of all parties involved. Credit should have gone to the original content provider. It is no ones fault but my own. What has been done is done now, To SR - credit he did not suspend me or ban me for my actions which if he had I would have also understood.

Further more, even after all of this I still firmly believe that for anyone to think that what the Pewter Report staff does as far as giving or collecting inside information is not worth it that is total false in my opinion, they are still the number one source for Buccaneers coverage.

Good Post! End of Story....can we put this to bed now???

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 23, 2009, 05:39:44 PM

The facts are out there for all to read about what you can and can't do.

Sarcasm, cute remarks, and down right ignorant (literal, not personal) statements aren't going to change the facts.

Accept it and move on.

This horse has been killed, dead and buried.

Why are some still dagging it out?

Someone lock this.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 23, 2009, 05:33:42 PM

Can I ask what might be a dumb question?  How important is it to some of you that you get this "inside information".  Just from pesonal experience, I've seen PFT.com scoop many of the breaking stories here.  Also, I'm not sure I care all that much.  I just watch the games.  Is that just an old dinosaur way of thinking?

PFT is the reason I almost decided not to renew.. Like you said.. they broke stories before PR did.. however.. the magazine and the opinions.. you cant get that at pft.. Plus its good reading material for the crapper. ;)

bucs1

Practice Squad
#8 : February 22, 2009, 05:55:18 PM

man, I regret not renewing my $40 membership. It looks like I missed valuable information like:

UPDATE - 2:30 PM
Final Group Quarterbacks, Workouts:
Mark Sanchez/USC - Did not look good throughout the session. Sanchez's passes were highly inaccurate on all of his out routes. His deep passes faded in the air. And he was simply not able to get into any rhythm, especially outside of the hashes.

This was also from TFYDraft.com's premium content:

Josh Freeman/Kansas State - Erratic but his play picked up as the session progressed. Overall, Freeman did not have the performance expected to push his stock into legit first round consideration.

I understand not liking when someone cut and pastes your work, but I dont think Yuccaneers was profiting from it, or that it makes Pewter lose any money. If anything, you probably turned off a lot of fans of the site by calling out one of its most active members. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

The information he plagiarized was not from Pewter Report. It was from a draft website called TFYDraft.com.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 23, 2009, 05:44:03 PM

mmmmmmmmmmm.... bar-b-que!

I can throw down on the gill.  Old school, charcoal and wood firepit grill...

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 23, 2009, 05:42:53 PM

mmmmmmmmmmm.... bar-b-que!

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 23, 2009, 05:43:11 PM

The facts are out there for all to read about what you can and can't do.

Sarcasm, cute remarks, and down right ignorant (literal, not personal) statements aren't going to change the facts.

Accept it and move on.

This horse has been killed, dead and buried.

Why are some still dagging it out?

Someone lock this.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion.  However, some of us would like to cheer on the public train wreck.  

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 23, 2009, 05:41:16 PM

Can I ask what might be a dumb question? How important is it to some of you that you get this "inside information". Just from pesonal experience, I've seen PFT.com scoop many of the breaking stories here. Also, I'm not sure I care all that much. I just watch the games. Is that just an old dinosaur way of thinking?

PFT is the reason I almost decided not to renew.. Like you said.. they broke stories before PR did.. however.. the magazine and the opinions.. you cant get that at pft.. Plus its good reading material for the crapper. ;)

I could see that.  I already have two toilet mags though.  I just don't get the desperate need for such in depth information about a game that really comes down to chance at the end of the day.  Fans are rabid nowdays about this stuff, and PR happily feeds their need.  I just don't get the need.  I like to drink beer, eat some bar-b-que and cheer on the team.  I only go to PFT for water cooler talk.  I go here out of bordem.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 23, 2009, 06:09:18 PM

I am following Uncle Stan's lead and locking this thread, after I have the final word.

First of all, yuccaneers is a valuable member of the message board community and I appreciate and accept his apology. It makes no difference whether he is a subscriber or not, but for the record, we are glad he is. yuccaneers was not banned or suspended at any time over this and that was not my intention. I simply made a public post to ensure he and others understood where I was coming from on this since my e-mail to him was ignored.

Secondly, I could have handled this in a better and more private way, and even though I tried to go that route, I regret handling it the way I did on the message board. I apologize to yuccaneers and any who were offended. I'm human and was upset at the time - as you could probably glean from my post - but I also should have been more professional in my approach. I'm sorry to disappoint.

And finally, for all you conspiracy theorists - no, yuccaneers was not coerced into saying anything on behalf of Pewter Report. We don't operate that way. Those are his sentiments and they are appreciated. He is a subscriber and a message board poster in good standing and we are simply moving onward and upward from this point forward. He has decided to start anew on this board and we welcome him.

The rule that will be added to our message board rules is that premium content from other websites shall not be posted on PewterReport.com for liability and ethical reasons.

I also ask as courtesy to the writer or website where the content you wish to post comes from that it either be sourced and/or linked. Feel free to link stuff from wherever you want - PFT.com, Bucs.com, SPTimes.com, Trib.com ... wherever - just credit the original author.

ryder004

Second String

#14 : February 22, 2009, 05:50:48 PM

haha someone got caught
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: yuccaneers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools