Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: yuccaneers « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#135 : February 22, 2009, 07:21:15 PM

yuccaneers -

Please do not copy and paste premium content from other websites and pass them off as your own analysis without proper attribution. I warned you about this yesterday. Journalists like myself find this offensive and it will not be tolerated any more on PewterReport.com. We do not tolerate it when our Pewter Insider content is copied and pasted on other sites and we take swift action to have it removed. This is our livelihood.

Your updates on Sanchez and Freeman in a previous thread (which you have since deleted) were copied directly from premium reports on Tony Pauline's TFYDraft.com. Pauline is a good friend of mine and I'm sure he would not appreciate it.

UPDATE - 2:30 PM
Final Group Quarterbacks, Workouts:
Mark Sanchez/USC - Did not look good throughout the session. Sanchez's passes were highly inaccurate on all of his out routes. His deep passes faded in the air. And he was simply not able to get into any rhythm, especially outside of the hashes.

This was also from TFYDraft.com's premium content:

Josh Freeman/Kansas State - Erratic but his play picked up as the session progressed. Overall, Freeman did not have the performance expected to push his stock into legit first round consideration.

I'm sure you probably get a thrill from posters thinking you are a draft guru, but when you plagiarize somebody's work that doesn't make you an expert. It makes you a plagiarizer.

IMO.. When it comes down to it .. Premium or not its public info once posted.. Its not like he is a reporter or is claiming to be a scout or something.. Its message boarding.. Lets keep it in proper context.  Proper attribution is you guys job .. not ours.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#136 : February 22, 2009, 06:00:57 PM

man, I regret not renewing my $40 membership.   It looks like I missed valuable information like:

Mark Sanchez/USC - Did not look good throughout the session. Sanchez's passes were highly inaccurate on all of his out routes. His deep passes faded in the air. And he was simply not able to get into any rhythm, especially outside of the hashes.

Josh Freeman/Kansas State - Erratic but his play picked up as the session progressed. Overall, Freeman did not have the performance expected to push his stock into legit first round consideration.

I understand not liking when someone cut and pastes your work, but I dont think Yuccaneers was profiting from it, or that it makes Pewter lose any money.   If anything, you probably turned off a lot of fans of the site by calling out one of its most active members.  Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

And further, to delete the original post, and than resurrect privileged/restricted information in a new post, sharing this info with even more unsubscribers to TFYDraft.com, all in effort to call out a poster, when closing the thread and email would have done the job...

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#137 : February 22, 2009, 05:32:29 PM

:O
:o

#138 : February 22, 2009, 05:31:42 PM

:-

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#139 : February 22, 2009, 06:56:43 PM

To me, it's no different than someone regurgitating their "opinion" verbatim from NFLDC's scouting reports, which is done a lot. Only PR took exception in that they can sympathize with the whole stealing paid content thing and SR being familiar with the guy. It was a little harsh maybe, but the stance itself is justifiable. I just don't get the whole point in the first place. The whole fun in draft talk, like in fantasy sports, is you do it yourself. Hopefully this wasn't a trend with Yuc, because I loathe plagiarism.

#140 : February 22, 2009, 05:58:01 PM

then why is Pewter even involved?

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#141 : February 23, 2009, 01:49:16 PM

What'd I'd like to know is if this is a rampant problem and enough to call out a longtime poster for, does the board have any kind of moderation?

I have read this board for a long time now, and it just seems to me a PM would have had the same effect. This is somewhat unprofessional.

Read the original post again. The poster was warned previously and disregarded those warnings.

It's not that difficult to post a link, especially considering you are copying and pasting everything else.

And i have to agree, the quality of this forum has taken a turn for the worse.

How would you know? You've been registered for a month and a half.

Biggs I think you missed my point. I know that Scott warned Yuccs via PM before this thread. What I am trying to get across is that in other forums I see that a heavier Moderator/regulatory presecence with the power to suspend/ban posters for rule violations usually clean up these situations and prevent situations like this one where things have gone in the open and you have people arguing and getting offended and leaving the board for good.

Scott and Pauline are in their rights to protect their content but any wrongdoing on the part of Yucs is a private matter for the parties involved to handle. Most boards just have a rulebook and if you break it, you are suspended, or gone. No calling out and infighting needed. I think, in all cases, this is the best approach.

This is my take on the whole mess. I just wanted to clarify that since I agree with you that plagiarizing is wrong but I think this could have been avoided.

Yeah, I actually agree with this...those who are in violation should be suspended - but not publicly humiliated. Perhaps SR was hoping by shedding light on his activities that Yuccs would get it and stop posting insider stuff. Unfortunately, it turned out that he doesn't want to post at all now. That's a shame.

MVP

Pro Bowler

#142 : February 23, 2009, 01:45:48 PM

What'd I'd like to know is if this is a rampant problem and enough to call out a longtime poster for, does the board have any kind of moderation?

I have read this board for a long time now, and it just seems to me a PM would have had the same effect. This is somewhat unprofessional.

Read the original post again. The poster was warned previously and disregarded those warnings.

It's not that difficult to post a link, especially considering you are copying and pasting everything else.

And i have to agree, the quality of this forum has taken a turn for the worse.

How would you know? You've been registered for a month and a half.

Biggs I think you missed my point. I know that Scott warned Yuccs via PM before this thread. What I am trying to get across is that in other forums I see that a heavier Moderator/regulatory presecence with the power to suspend/ban posters for rule violations usually clean up these situations and prevent situations like this one where things have gone in the open and you have people arguing and getting offended and leaving the board for good.

Scott and Pauline are in their rights to protect their content but any wrongdoing on the part of Yucs is a private matter for the parties involved to handle. Most boards just have a rulebook and if you break it, you are suspended, or gone. No calling out and infighting needed. I think, in all cases, this is the best approach.

This is my take on the whole mess. I just wanted to clarify that since I agree with you that plagiarizing is wrong but I think this could have been avoided.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#143 : February 22, 2009, 05:27:11 PM

yuccaneers -

Please do not copy and paste premium content from other websites and pass them off as your own analysis without proper attribution. I warned you about this yesterday. Journalists like myself find this offensive and it will not be tolerated any more on PewterReport.com. We do not tolerate it when our Pewter Insider content is copied and pasted on other sites and we take swift action to have it removed. This is our livelihood.

Your updates on Sanchez and Freeman in a previous thread (which you have since deleted) were copied directly from premium reports on Tony Pauline's TFYDraft.com. Pauline is a good friend of mine and I'm sure he would not appreciate it.

I'm sure you probably get a thrill from posters thinking you are a draft guru, but when you plagiarize somebody's work that doesn't make you an expert. It makes you a plagiarizer.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#144 : February 23, 2009, 01:43:06 PM

Wow...Sorry to hear that about Yucc. Man, I feel the same way I felt when I watched the 2008 Live Halloween show for Sci-Fi Channel's Ghost Hunters. For the longest time, I always felt they were the most legit paranormal investigators on television - they didn't have any of those hokey psychics or anything like that. They relied on scientific data and approached every case from a skeptics view...at least that's what they portrayed. Then they got nailed faking evidence live on national tv. I felt totally betrayed and ticked off and don't watch the show anymore.

Now this I didn't know.

I know...it sucks...You tube Grant Coat Tug or Ghost Hunters Halloween Special 2008 and you'll see it...UGH....I'm just getting mad again just thinking about it.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#145 : February 22, 2009, 06:03:35 PM

then why is Pewter even involved?

Did you read the original post?  That answers your question.

Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: yuccaneers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools