Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: yuccaneers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

#15 : February 22, 2009, 05:48:50 PM

man, I regret not renewing my $40 membership.   It looks like I missed valuable information like:

UPDATE - 2:30 PM
Final Group Quarterbacks, Workouts:
Mark Sanchez/USC - Did not look good throughout the session. Sanchez's passes were highly inaccurate on all of his out routes. His deep passes faded in the air. And he was simply not able to get into any rhythm, especially outside of the hashes.

This was also from TFYDraft.com's premium content:

Josh Freeman/Kansas State - Erratic but his play picked up as the session progressed. Overall, Freeman did not have the performance expected to push his stock into legit first round consideration.

I understand not liking when someone cut and pastes your work, but I dont think Yuccaneers was profiting from it, or that it makes Pewter lose any money.   If anything, you probably turned off a lot of fans of the site by calling out one of its most active members.  Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 22, 2009, 05:43:21 PM

Fire Jon Gruden

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 22, 2009, 05:40:25 PM

Just post the link

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 22, 2009, 05:40:36 PM

My mother "broke the news" to me that Santa Clause wasn't real when I was fourteen....

I tease her about it to this day

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 22, 2009, 05:41:30 PM

Just post the link

He can't if it's premium content.

And like another poster said I don't think anyone here assumed yucc had a press pass into the Combine or the Senior Bowl practice sessions.....

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 22, 2009, 08:55:26 PM

I'm surprised people thought Yuc was writing all that stuff.  He's said in the past he subscribes to draft content.   I understand SR's stance on the plagerism aspect but the other stuff wasn't necessary was it?  Did you really have to ask him if he gets a thrill by people thinking he's a draft guru?  The guy is a respected poster and PI subscriber.  He messed up and said sorry.  I don't think he deserved the personal jab though. 

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 23, 2009, 04:54:42 PM

Can I ask what might be a dumb question?  How important is it to some of you that you get this "inside information".  Just from pesonal experience, I've seen PFT.com scoop many of the breaking stories here.  Also, I'm not sure I care all that much.  I just watch the games.  Is that just an old dinosaur way of thinking?

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 23, 2009, 04:43:10 PM

Oh snap

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 22, 2009, 06:46:59 PM

I will just refrain from posting anything on these forums that I read or see on other sites whether it is a copy and past job or telling you in m own words from now on! Whether it is pay or not that way there will never be any confusion on anyone's part. While SR is right I should have posted a link to the info it is what it is, so since he doesnt want any info from other pay sites on his forum that is his right. I never once said the info was mine or tried to take credit for said info. What it was doing was taking away from the coverage that SR puts out on the draft. Which in hind sight was wrong on my part. For that I apologize to the PewterReport Staff.

While he wants to set precedents with me, I am fine with that too.

Have a good day.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 22, 2009, 09:04:59 PM

I think most people knew these weren't yuc's own assessments.  I aprreciated it for it's covenience and his diligence, but certainly understand and agree with PR stance.  This is their job.  PR and their peers put alot of time and work into coming up with content good enough that people will pay for it. Too bad it had to be handled out in the open, but lesson learned. 

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 22, 2009, 09:09:07 PM

I understand SR's stance on the plagerism aspect

I had no clue he was copying and pasting stuff on here. You can't post stuff as if you wrote it and that's what Yucc was doing. Sugar coat it all you want, that's jacked up. Yucc is a good dude but should have known better

Madman

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 22, 2009, 09:10:08 PM

Wait - some people on here thought this stuff was his own material? Come on now.

I always thought Yucc was just scouring the Internet for everyone.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 22, 2009, 09:11:15 PM

I always thought Yucc was just scouring the Internet for everyone.

Yeah no kidding.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 22, 2009, 09:11:51 PM

Wait - some people on here thought this stuff was his own material? Come on now.

Then post a link, it's pretty simple.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 22, 2009, 09:17:41 PM

Then post a link, it's pretty simple.

Hey I agree. Yucc definitely perpetuated the myth. He told SR recently he didn't want to reveal his 'sources.' I just thought it was pretty transparent.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: yuccaneers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools