Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: yuccaneers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 22, 2009, 09:22:01 PM

I understand SR's stance on the plagerism aspect

I had no clue he was copying and pasting stuff on here. You can't post stuff as if you wrote it and that's what Yucc was doing. Sugar coat it all you want, that's jacked up. Yucc is a good dude but should have known better

Ok so you didn't know.  I just said I was surprised people didn't know it wasn't his own info.  He's said it before when asked.  It was his mistake posting premium content but how am I sugar coating anything?  I agreed with SR on that issue.  It's wrong and apparently he was told before.  It's their message board and they have that right.   What I don't agree with and thought was in bad taste to do was the personal jab at him.  It wasn't necessary. (especially since Yuc is a subscriber to PR)  Furthermore a public thread calling him out wasn't necessary either.  The PR staff could have simply deleted his threads or posts with premium content and sent another email/PM telling him what they did and why.  Also could have served as a final warning before his message board privileges were suspended.  That's the better way to do it IMO.  Calling out a customer and insulting him publicly doesn't look good for a business.  

bucs1

Practice Squad
#31 : February 22, 2009, 09:23:44 PM

Wait - some people on here thought this stuff was his own material? Come on now.

Then post a link, it's pretty simple.

Hey I agree. Yucc definitely perpetuated the myth. He told SR recently he didn't want to reveal his 'sources.' I just thought it was pretty transparent.

Yeah, that was also part of the problem. When people asked him to post a link, he rarely would post one and acted like this was something that was coming from him or one of his sources that he couldn't reveal.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 23, 2009, 04:28:21 PM

Hey Skip, do you think she still looks that good? I sure hope so. Chris Brown is a punk.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 22, 2009, 07:17:23 PM

calling him out? couldn't this have been sent via PM?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 23, 2009, 04:30:26 PM

Hey Skip, do you think she still looks that good? I sure hope so. Chris Brown is a punk.
Damn straight he's a punk, dude needs the crap beaten out of him. Hitting a chick? Weak.

#35 : February 23, 2009, 04:30:36 PM

In an attempt to not hi-jack, check your PMs.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#36 : February 23, 2009, 04:33:37 PM

In an attempt to not hi-jack, check your PMs.

on the contrary ... this thread needs hijacked .....

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 22, 2009, 10:13:02 PM

People get booted for a lot less.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 22, 2009, 10:12:20 PM

Paying for opinions is simply nonsense. I also think that the personal shots taken toward yuccaneers is not needed, or professional

HughC

Pro Bowler

#39 : February 22, 2009, 09:44:26 PM

In defense of yuc, in my opinion this site brought this upon themself to a certain degree.  I've been amazed at the lax attitude of allowing full columns to be copy and pasted (even when credit was given elsewhere.)  Most other sites allow two or three short paragraphs, and then a link to the original site.  But for a very long time here I've seen full articles copied and pasted; in fact it has become the norm.  I'm somewhat amazed that other authors and web sites have not complained before this incident. 

In my opinion it has nothing to do with being 'premium' or 'free' content; the original author, and the site that invested the money to post that article should be rewarded with a hit to their website.  In the same context, I'd like to see more links to original articles rather than links to espn or rotoworld, for example, who are simply reporting something found elsewhere.  If espn reports that an Atlanta paper reports something, the post the link to that Atlanta paper - not espn!  And if rotoworld has a paragraph about something from a Louisiana outlet, then post that New Orleans link - not rotoworld!

Â 

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#40 : February 22, 2009, 09:34:18 PM

I enjoyed reading yuc's posts as they were always pretty informative and I didn't really think about or care where he got it from. I do agree though that posting premium content (as much as I enjoy reading it) is and should be out of bounds and links should be posted with content from other sites.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

#41 : February 22, 2009, 09:30:57 PM

this is silly.   Im not paying money to read other people's thoughts. Wether they think they are a pundit or not.  

LFO

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 22, 2009, 10:44:24 PM

I understand SR's stance on the plagerism aspect

You can't post stuff as if you wrote it and that's what Yucc was doing. Sugar coat it all you want, that's jacked up. Yucc is a good dude but should have known better

Exactly.  If you are going to post - word for word - articles from other sites, provide a link.  It's pretty simple actually.

fsubob

Second String

#43 : February 22, 2009, 10:51:50 PM

I personally don't care either way.  With making payments for everything these days (which half the people can't afford yet another payment), it's like in the future we will be pay-per-viewing for each individual show we want to watch.  I liked Yuccs posts, and if it's "premiuim" stuff (not from this site, but other sites), then I still don't care (just my opinion- you don't have to like it).  I know I'll probably get kicked off for saying this (big brother/government thing), but it sounds like it's one journalist just looking out for a friend journalist with the "taking-the-food-out-of-my-kid's-mouth" bit.   Is it illegal?  Don't know.  If it is, then I care.  Plagiarism is the "use or close imitation of the language and ideas of another author and representation of them as one's own original work."  I don't think Yucc did that.  I know the big picture with these sites is to make money off of others, and to "punish" those who can't afford it because they just can't get all the "good stuff".  I know nobody will admit to it, but that is what it is.  Can I afford the subscritpion?  Yes.  Will I get it?  No.  I usually get the same things from my own sources (nothing special), whether it's hours later doesn't matter to me.
I personally don't think it was cool to advertise this thing with Yucc.  Just knock him off the site if he didn't do what you told him to do (like I'll probably get knocked off or "reprimanded" for writing this).
Just placing my thoughts that are different from everyone else's opinion on here.  

#44 : February 22, 2009, 09:27:55 PM

Its like finding out that barney the dinosour or santa claus isnt real. >:(

LMAO!!!

Just sayin,

When I paste something from another (non insider) site, I always given credit either in the opening or the close. Example From PFT or From KFFL. That's the accepter practice.

Yucc just got caught. But he's not the only one pasting items from other sites, including some Insider material. The posters on Insider sites, like PR, would not be too happy if PR material was copied all over the place free for what we pay money for. It dilutes their financial base.

Post a link or an attribute or don't post it. That's the accepted practice. Has been for ever.

You are right, Unc...... and I've asked Yuc for a link many times. Anytime i post something from another site, I always provide one. No need in "faking".
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: yuccaneers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools