Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft UConn's RB Donald Brown « previous next »
Page: 1

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

: February 22, 2009, 05:37:49 PM

Yeah I think that was the point I was trying to get to at some point...lol

I think we would have to use a first rounder on Donald Brown, or trade up in the second to acquire him and that just doesn't seem worth it.

When Andre Brown, Rashard Jennings, Javon Ringer (Insert RB name here) seem like basically the same kind of prospect and we can get them in the second or third...or even fourth

Booker

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 22, 2009, 05:49:17 PM

Moreno and his 4.6 can go elsewhere

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 22, 2009, 05:42:20 PM

When Andre Brown, Rashard Jennings, Javon Ringer (Insert RB name here) seem like basically the same kind of prospect and we can get them in the second or third...or even fourth
I would not mind two running backs by the time the draft is over.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 22, 2009, 06:24:28 PM

Some people think McShay is the king of prospects... he has Brown listed as his #2 back in draft.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 22, 2009, 05:36:28 PM

I like Javon Ringer.

And I think that sort of summarizes up this years RB draft class.

Seems like the top ten RBs are all the same kind of back.

Nothing especially unique about any of them.

That's a good thing, though, it means we shouldn't have to reach to get a good prospect

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 22, 2009, 05:35:25 PM

I like Javon Ringer.

And I think that sort of summarizes up this years RB draft class.

Seems like the top ten RBs are all the same kind of back.

Nothing especially unique about any of them.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 22, 2009, 05:33:42 PM

I like Rashad Jennings

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 22, 2009, 05:58:11 PM

Moreno is alright, but I do not think he is first round caliber.

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#8 : February 21, 2009, 06:48:44 PM

If we were to draft a Running Back in this years draft, I think the Bucs need to seriously consider UConn's Donald Brown. The guy put up freakesh numbers last year in his Jr. Year, rushing for over 2,000 yards and 27 TD's. He also has a career rushing Yards per carry of 5.8, let's round it to 6. I can see him being the Chris Johnson of this years draft, he is projected to be an early second round pick, (as was CJ)but could slide to us in the second. Any input into this suggestion?

RAHEEM09'
Change we can believe in!

TBbuccaneer40 out

CrAsH_oVeRdRiVe

Rookie

#9 : February 21, 2009, 08:03:19 PM

I really love Donald Brown, I've seen him do incredible things with what he has to work with for an offensive line. The guy is a playmaker and can make anyone miss in phonebooth.

lec05010

Second String

#10 : February 21, 2009, 11:30:48 PM

Im a huge Donald Brown fan.  I attend UCONN so my outlook on him may be a bit bias.  But he carries the rock plenty of times a game so i see him as an every down back.  He also runs with a lot of power.  Has soft hands.  I dont see him as a chris johnson back as he does not have elite speed.  But overall a great running back and if we could get in the second i like the pick

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 22, 2009, 05:24:43 PM

if we don't get moreno i wouldn't have a problem getting brown

jeanclaudtransam

Starter

#12 : February 22, 2009, 05:20:03 PM

His highlights won me over quickly:
He's #34 and doing most of the carrying.

He has a large selection of highlights on youtube for anyone interested. His 40 time was adequate but his elusive running style and instincts are awesome. He's been rising recently and we might have a should have a shot at him in the 2nd. I don't think we need a running back so desperately but if the Bucs draft this guy I wouldn't complain at all.

another good one:
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft UConn's RB Donald Brown « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools