Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Remember Jamar Hornsby? « previous next »
Page: 1

LFO

Hall of Famer

: November 18, 2008, 09:54:16 PM

Could he really be heading back to a major college program?

http://alabama.scout.com/a.z?s=14&p=2&c=812789

Looks like Alabama, Kentucky, Oregon State, Ole Miss and Troy are all after him, maybe even more teams.   

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 19, 2008, 12:55:26 AM

Fit good at Oregon State... they like thugs.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 19, 2008, 04:42:38 PM

He was never even very good. Why take the PR hit for that?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 19, 2008, 05:41:35 PM

He was never even very good. Why take the PR hit for that?

because not every player is a star from day 1?  some do need time to develop.  whether or not HE has developed is the story.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

LFO

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 08, 2008, 10:45:12 PM

Ole Piss it is:

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/819050.html

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

#5 : December 09, 2008, 01:10:41 AM

Ole Piss it is:

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/819050.html

Hotty Toddy

ryanbuc1

Practice Squad

#6 : March 09, 2009, 09:49:02 PM

This kid just can't stay out of trouble....

OXFORD — Ole Miss football signee Jamar Hornsby was arrested and charged with aggravated assault and petit larceny earlier this week in Starkville.

Ole Miss defensive backs coach Kim Dameron said the coaching staff was aware of the arrest, which was published on the arrest log of the Starkville Daily News, but declined to comment on specifics other than saying the program planned on honoring his scholarship.

The Starkville Police Department would not provide any extra details.

Hornsby, who is from Jacksonville, Fla., but played as East Mississippi Community College last season, is seen as one of the Rebels best recruits of the 2009 class and could immediately compete for a starting spot in the secondary.

But Hornsby also has a history of legal problems. While a member of Florida’s football team in 2008, he was arrested and kicked off the team, later pleading no contest to four counts of unauthorized use of a credit card. He was sentenced to probation in December.

According to the Gainesville Sun, Hornsby used a friend’s credit card after her death in October 2007, buying nearly $3,000 worth of gas.

Then there's this nice little addition to the story....

Well, we tracked down Ole Miss football signee Jamar Hornsby's arrest report from Oktibbeha County and here's some of the details:

* First, on the aggravated assault charge, the complaint filed said Hornsby did "unlawfully and willfully, purposely, knowingly and feloniously cause bodily injury to Benjamin Jenkins with brass knuckles, a deadly weapon by hitting him repeatedly in the head area causing injuries, to wit, a fractured nose, busted lips, swollen jaw, scrapes and cuts." The incident actually occured at a McDonald's in Starkville. His bond for that charge was $15,000.

* As for the petit larceny charge, the complaint says Hornsby did "unlawfully and willfully take and carry away six dollars in U.S. Currency, the personal property of Benjamin Jenkins." His bail for that charge was $500.

Nice.  Beat him up with brass knuckles, and then take 6 dollars.  Guess he wanted to Supersize his meal.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 09, 2009, 10:01:42 PM

Sad. 

I had hoped he would learn his lesson and get his life straightened out, but looks like he just can't stay on the right path......

And all for $6? 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 09, 2009, 10:17:59 PM

He's a complete piece of crap, if the first incident wasn't proof enough.

ryanbuc1

Practice Squad

#9 : March 09, 2009, 10:20:22 PM

Sad.

I had hoped he would learn his lesson and get his life straightened out, but looks like he just can't stay on the right path......

And all for $6?

Same here.  As a Gator fan I still will root for guys, even if they leave (willfully or not).  After seeing this guy get another chance and now this, you just have to wonder what goes through his head.  All the talent in the world, but it seems no sense of right or wrong.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 09, 2009, 10:27:13 PM

Sad.

And all for $6?

Same here.  As a Gator fan I still will root for guys, even if they leave (willfully or not).  After seeing this guy get another chance and now this, you just have to wonder what goes through his head.  All the talent in the world, but it seems no sense of right or wrong.

More than being a Gator, I hate to see young talented people ruin their lives making stupid mistakes.  Preston Parker is another guy, even as a FSU player you'd hope he could get his act together and make something out of his talents. 

It sucks to see those 5th year walkons busting their butts in hopes of getting a scholarship and maybe one day seeing the field, and then you have guys like Hornsby, Parker, Thomas, etc. wasting it all away.  I guess the only silver lining is by those guys getting kicked off it opens up a scholarship for guys who mighty be scout teamers for 4 years.....

ryanbuc1

Practice Squad

#11 : March 09, 2009, 10:41:09 PM

Sad.

And all for $6?

Same here. �As a Gator fan I still will root for guys, even if they leave (willfully or not). �After seeing this guy get another chance and now this, you just have to wonder what goes through his head. �All the talent in the world, but it seems no sense of right or wrong.

More than being a Gator, I hate to see young talented people ruin their lives making stupid mistakes. Preston Parker is another guy, even as a FSU player you'd hope he could get his act together and make something out of his talents.

It sucks to see those 5th year walkons busting their butts in hopes of getting a scholarship and maybe one day seeing the field, and then you have guys like Hornsby, Parker, Thomas, etc. wasting it all away. I guess the only silver lining is by those guys getting kicked off it opens up a scholarship for guys who mighty be scout teamers for 4 years.....

Very true.  For every star on a college team, there are tons of guys who bust their butts and get beat down by the 1st team in practice, only to never see the field in a game.  In relation to this, the girl he stole the credit card from who died was on a motorcycle with Michael Guilford, the guy who "played" Troy Smith in practice for when the Gators played OSU in the title game.  He was one of those guys who busted their butt and never saw the field.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#12 : March 09, 2009, 11:26:38 PM

What a turd.. if he didn't have athletic ability he would have already been in jail.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Remember Jamar Hornsby? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools