Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone been to Knoxville? « previous next »
Page: 1

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

: February 25, 2009, 07:15:23 PM

My brother and I are planning to go in 2010 for the Oregon game. And plan to book the trip this fall. We are curious, do most people fly into Knoxville or Memphis or Nashville? Any hotel recomendations?

I thought Id ask here because of all the SEC fans.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 27, 2009, 11:01:55 AM

I'd assume you could get a connection from Atlanta or Charlotte to Knoxville and fly straight there.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 07, 2009, 03:00:43 PM

I moved here about 2 years ago from Knoxville (lived there for about a year). Most people fly into Knoxville. It's a small airport that actually is about 25 minutes from downtown. The Mariott is a great place to stay. It's right in downtown and you can see the stadium from it and it's not that far a walk either.

Parking near the statium can be a nightmare on game day. You have 100,00 people coming downtown for the game. My advice would be to pick any decent hotel downtown so you can just walk to the game.

Oh...and if you are going, be sure to eat at Calhoun's on the River...it's the best place in town and it's right on the Tennessee River right by the stadium.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 07, 2009, 08:00:37 PM

I moved here about 2 years ago from Knoxville (lived there for about a year). Most people fly into Knoxville. It's a small airport that actually is about 25 minutes from downtown. The Mariott is a great place to stay. It's right in downtown and you can see the stadium from it and it's not that far a walk either.

Parking near the statium can be a nightmare on game day. You have 100,00 people coming downtown for the game. My advice would be to pick any decent hotel downtown so you can just walk to the game.

Oh...and if you are going, be sure to eat at Calhoun's on the River...it's the best place in town and it's right on the Tennessee River right by the stadium.

Thanks man

Great advise

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 08, 2009, 10:36:29 AM

The Marriott is probably about a mile and half from the stadium actually but still walkable. With that said...it's the nicest place in town for the most part. There are several other options though that might be a little cheaper and not quite as far a walk. The Marriott is on the eastern edge of downtown. UT and the stadium are closer to the western edge. Anyway...just wanted to let you know so you knew the walk would be a little bit of a hike...but not horrible. Again...there are many places even closer.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 09, 2009, 01:50:31 AM

The Marriott is probably about a mile and half from the stadium actually but still walkable. With that said...it's the nicest place in town for the most part. There are several other options though that might be a little cheaper and not quite as far a walk. The Marriott is on the eastern edge of downtown. UT and the stadium are closer to the western edge. Anyway...just wanted to let you know so you knew the walk would be a little bit of a hike...but not horrible. Again...there are many places even closer.

I used to work for the Marriott and one of my best friends is a manager at one, so I get employee discounts so its really cheap. Ill look into it. Thanks so much. When its closer I may have more questions

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone been to Knoxville? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools