Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs squash Olson move! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: February 25, 2009, 07:46:08 PM

Brad Briggs, of the Chicago Suntimes.com is reporting that an NFL source has said, that Mark Dominik, has blocked, atleast two moves that would have allowed QB's coach Greg Olson the chance at a promotion.

The source states new Kansas City Chiefs head coach Todd Haley, attempted to bring Olson aboard as the assistant head coach of the Chiefs. The other opportunity was to go to Arizona and fill the vacancy created by Haley's departure for Kansas City.

If the rumors are indeed true, it means Dominik has clearly taken a page from Bruce Allen's manual on how not to allow assistant coaches to leave before there contracts are up.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 25, 2009, 08:16:56 PM

Always hate people who stop others from moving up in their careers. Poor form.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 25, 2009, 08:19:21 PM

Wait so the new regime cuts veteran players unceremoniusly, blocks upward movement of it's coaches, and may be less than honest with the media/fans.   Change you can believe in .....

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 25, 2009, 08:23:35 PM

I really am not liking this Dominik guy so far.

noone

Rookie

#4 : February 25, 2009, 08:37:53 PM

This is true and the funny thing MD whined and complained when BA blocked him last season from leaving and now he is doing the same thing to others, especially to others who signed contracts with the old coach and gm and have no desire to be here any more. 

Snook

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 25, 2009, 08:28:55 PM

I don't have a problem with forcing coaches to fulfill the terms of their contracts -- if you've got a coaching staff who's in high demand, you're going to be constantly replacing coaches.

dodda45

Starter
#6 : February 25, 2009, 08:53:18 PM

I am waiting for the Gruden/Allen haters to spin this somehow....

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#7 : February 25, 2009, 08:55:17 PM

I really am not liking this Dominik guy so far.

DONT LIKE HIM...HE'S  THE DEVIL...SATAN HIMSELF...NOT THE SPAWN OF SATAN THE REAL DEVIL,  HE'S EVIL.....

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 26, 2009, 11:04:59 AM

damn him for standing firm and protecting the interests of our football team....we need a GM with less spine who goes gaga over ineffective but beloved veterans, and wants to make sure every coach likes him on their way out of town to help another team win....

original

Pro Bowler

#9 : February 26, 2009, 11:36:01 AM

It is impossible to have consistency if you let the coaches go every year.  They will get chances when their contracts are up and I think it is a good policy. 

3drdre

Starter

#10 : February 26, 2009, 11:37:37 AM

Smart move. These assistants have contracts they sign and they should hold up to those contracts. It is no different than players...teams just can't negotiate with players if they aren't a free agent.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#11 : February 26, 2009, 11:41:38 AM

I don't have a problem with forcing coaches to fulfill the terms of their contracts -- if you've got a coaching staff who's in high demand, you're going to be constantly replacing coaches.

I agree! It's called a contract...geess

noone

Rookie

#12 : February 26, 2009, 11:46:25 AM

Yes but I think it's a little different when the contracts are signed when these coaches think one GM and coach are going to be their boss and then they are forced to work for someone they have no desire to work for.  Plus, the new GM was the first one whining like a baby when he was denied.  There are several coaches who do not want to be in that building and they are stuck because of contracts they signed when they thought Jon was going to be here.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 26, 2009, 11:48:56 AM

If this report has any substance at all, I wouldn't have allowed it, either. Not with everything else that's going on. They specifically identified him as a guy they wanted to retain from the previous regime.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 26, 2009, 11:50:43 AM

Was Dominik denied last year? I don't recall that.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs squash Olson move! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools