Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs squash Olson move! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #15 : February 26, 2009, 11:51:42 AM »

I have no problem keeping a guy that's very valuable, but I have a hard time with Olson being such a fan of Griese

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

« #16 : February 26, 2009, 12:08:07 PM »

Smart move. These assistants have contracts they sign and they should hold up to those contracts. It is no different than players...teams just can't negotiate with players if they aren't a free agent.

That should go for college as well. Unless they quit, get fired, or a contract isn't renewed they shouldn't be allowed to leave for "their advancement" (what about the team they signed with?) I suppose there are no obligations when they sign a contract of so many years? They are traitors/golddiggers that could care less about honor, or the people they step on to get to the top (jmo of course).

noone

Rookie

« #17 : February 26, 2009, 12:14:38 PM »

Some coaches re-signed contracts when Jon and Bruce re-signed to be on the same page.  Who wants coaches in the building who don't want to be there.  At least people can stop blaming Jon and Bruce for blocking everyone. 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #18 : February 26, 2009, 12:26:17 PM »

There are several coaches who do not want to be in that building and they are stuck because of contracts they signed when they thought Jon was going to be here.

They could always resign, eh? That said...

Let's examine your claim for a minute and apply it directly to the Bucs coaching staff, in the realy world. First, we can eliminate the following names from the list of possible coaches who "don't want to be in the building":

Raheem Morris
Joe Baker
Jim Bates
Jeff Jagodzinski
Jay Kaiser
Chris Keenan
Steve Logan
Pete Mangurian
Chris Mosley
Bob Nunn
Alfredo Roberts

Those 11 coaches were just hired. I don't really concern myself with Ejiro Evero, he's an entry level quality control coach. So that leaves 8 possible unhappy coaches of any significance. Joe Barry had worked for Monte and not Jon in the past, and he knew that Monte was gone. Besides that, I know that Coach Barry is happy to be back here. That leaves 7.

Tim Berbenich, Rich Bisaccia and Dwayne Stukes all happily took promotions under Coach Morris this year. That leaves 4. Oh, and Richard Mann also was promoted, and I know for a fact that Coach Mann is happy. That leaves 3. I also know that Kurt Shultz doesn't mind one way or the other, unless he's flat out lying, so that drops the possibilities to TWO.

Todd Wash, well, I have no idea about his thoughts on the matter. First, he's a defensive coach who worked for Monte and not Jon and had really very little interaction with Coach Gruden. The fact that the Bucs brought in an additional DL coach may have rubbed him the wrong way, but again that would have nothing to do with it being a "Gruden's not here any longer" funk. Besides, I was told he was happy to have the extra help. That leaves...

Greg Olson, who was reportedly denied a possible promotion. If so, then I don't begrudge him his right to resent it. He is, however, under contract and I wouldn't have allowed him out, either. He's also a professional, and his disappointment won't affect his ability to coach.

Therefore, you're blowing a lot of smoke, but where's the fire? Who are these "several coaches"? I see nothing to be overly concerned about here, and frankly, some of what you have posted elsewhere goes completely against facts that I know, so I really don't think you have full and complete information.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

« #19 : February 26, 2009, 12:40:16 PM »

It's business.  You sign a contract, you need permission to leave. 

noone

Rookie

« #20 : February 26, 2009, 01:48:44 PM »

So if someone says you have to stay here because you are under contract but we will give you a promotion to soften the blow, you pout and don't take the promotion? 

Listen all I'm saying is everyone was quick to blast the old bosses for denying people and now don't care that the new people are doing the exact same thing.  I'm not even saying I disagree with it, I just love the double standard.  Just like everything else, it's ok if it's good for you.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #21 : February 26, 2009, 01:49:19 PM »

So if someone says you have to stay here because you are under contract but we will give you a promotion to soften the blow, you pout and don't take the promotion? 

Listen all I'm saying is everyone was quick to blast the old bosses for denying people and now don't care that the new people are doing the exact same thing.  I'm not even saying I disagree with it, I just love the double standard.  Just like everything else, it's ok if it's good for you.

So who are you?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #22 : February 26, 2009, 01:50:10 PM »

As a believer in Midas' golden rule - I am amazed this has been reintroduced.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #23 : February 26, 2009, 01:51:12 PM »

Listen all I'm saying is everyone was quick to blast the old bosses for denying people and now don't care that the new people are doing the exact same thing. I'm not even saying I disagree with it, I just love the double standard. Just like everything else, it's ok if it's good for you.
A lot of the posters here are agenda driven as well.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #24 : February 26, 2009, 01:56:47 PM »

Get real, noone.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #25 : February 26, 2009, 01:57:30 PM »

A lot of the posters here are agenda driven as well.

Truer words were never spoken, Boid.

noone

Rookie

« #26 : February 26, 2009, 03:27:45 PM »

Yes my agenda is the truth.  Could give a crap if you believe anything I say really.  Just like I could care a less about what you say and last time I checked I wasn't the one who brought this up, some guy up in Chicago did.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #27 : February 26, 2009, 03:30:06 PM »

Yes my agenda is the truth. Could give a crap if you believe anything I say really. Just like I could care a less about what you say and last time I checked I wasn't the one who brought this up, some guy up in Chicago did.
Not bashing you Noone.  I was actually in some form of agreement with you.

But that is fine if you don't care what I think.  I will wipe away my tears, and press on.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #28 : February 26, 2009, 03:30:29 PM »

Yes my agenda is the truth.  Could give a crap if you believe anything I say really.  Just like I could care a less about what you say and last time I checked I wasn't the one who brought this up, some guy up in Chicago did.

We do not care what you think because we do not know who you are. :o

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
« #29 : February 26, 2009, 03:42:51 PM »

Yes my agenda is the truth.  Could give a crap if you believe anything I say really.  Just like I could care a less about what you say and last time I checked I wasn't the one who brought this up, some guy up in Chicago did.

We do not care what you think because we do not know who you are. :o

Because he is noone?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs squash Olson move! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools