Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Now that was the worst call.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 15, 2006, 06:51:45 PM

His head was clearly driven into the ground!

watson

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 15, 2006, 07:36:26 PM

I've seen, but I'm glad it went the Bucs way. Not roughing the passer at all........
On the NFL Network this week Mike Pereira, the NFL VP of Officiating, reviewed 2 or 3 "roughing the QB" plays and then at the end he said that the officials have been instructed to throw the flag if there is any question at all that roughing has occurred.  The view is that the QBs are to be protected at the cost of making a bad call. 

The call they made today was not much different from one of the ones they showed as an example

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Sactobuc

Starter

#17 : October 15, 2006, 08:03:07 PM

ok

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

FullBack

Second String

#18 : October 15, 2006, 08:09:00 PM

The worst call?    Seriously, how long have you been watching Buc games? 

I saw Simeon held throughout the game.  Hard for him to get a roughing the passer if the refs don't allow him  to rush the qb.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 15, 2006, 08:10:16 PM

The worst call? Seriously, how long have you been watching Buc games?

I saw Simeon held throughout the game. Hard for him to get a roughing the passer if the refs don't allow him to rush the qb.

Simeon has been held all season.

Sactobuc

Starter

#20 : October 15, 2006, 08:15:04 PM

The worst call? Seriously, how long have you been watching Buc games?

My statement could have meant worst that I've seen today, that quarter, this month, whatever......nevermind.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 15, 2006, 08:15:48 PM

Simeon has been held all season.

OMG, it's aweful all of the holding on Rice...Mike Carey will put one in you if given the opportunity, HE SUCKS!!!

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

mark2001

Pro Bowler
#22 : October 15, 2006, 08:22:16 PM

I think the key on the call was the top of Bruce's helmet being driven into the ground.  Even though I don't believe it was intentional, when the ref. saw that the call was probable at that point.

Sactobuc

Starter

#23 : October 15, 2006, 08:25:47 PM

Yes, Bruce was curling up to protect the ball and it looked as if his head was slammed, but it just didn'tlook like roughing to me

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Now that was the worst call.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools