Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Colts 7 pt favorites... make your picks « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

coolhandluke

Starter

#30 : January 23, 2007, 05:30:36 AM

Having the COLTS at 7-1 to win it all and the Bears getting 7 makes this a To good to be true Case for me.

I have taken the points... and all the Colts have to do is WIN so this is a great place for the Ultimate
"MIDDLE"

Special thanks to Java and Karen and your Goodluck PMs to me

Cool

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 23, 2007, 08:16:36 AM

Colts.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 23, 2007, 09:51:51 AM

The Colts look to win, but I'm going with the underdogs by 1 point.

frankbuc

Second String
#33 : January 23, 2007, 05:25:56 PM

38-27 colts  dont forget I said it

#34 : January 23, 2007, 07:40:18 PM

Colts 34-17.  Rex Grossman will throw at least 3 int's as he tries to keep pace with Peyton. Hester will get at least one td return. 

#35 : January 23, 2007, 09:27:42 PM

I think it's funny that people (Karen, Java and countless people in the real world) make it sound like the Bears don't even have a chance. Like it is an impossibility for Grossman to have a good game. Or that there is no way Manning can get flustered.

I'm going to take Chicago by 3 and say that Urlacher takes over this game the same way he took over the Arizona game. Thomas Jones has a big day. Grossman has an iffy day with a turnover or two...but so does Manning as he has a flappable day.

But in the end...we're all just guessing and someone has to be right. So...wrong or right...the first round is on me.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 23, 2007, 10:54:13 PM

i gotta go with my man lovie smith...bears by 3 in a close one...20-17

#37 : January 23, 2007, 10:54:41 PM

Colts-35
Bears-14
They always said Dungy was an offensive mastermind, if only Tom Moore had been here during that period.....what could've been.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#38 : January 24, 2007, 08:53:22 AM

Bears 30
Colts 24

Grossman has a great games, wins MVP, and some of you idiots will STILL say he doesn't deserve to be there.

Meanwhile Rex will go to Disneyland, rake in a new contract, and continue his progression as a QB in this league and make multiple Pro Bowls.

He had an up and down season this year, as you would expect for a guy in his first full season as a starter.  Fortunately for the Bears he had many more ups than downs.  The Super Bowl is going to be his defining moment, one where he finally silences the critics.

I think the 2 weeks helps Rex more than Manning, as Manning is the more experienced player and won't benefit as much as the inexperienced Grossman with the extra time off.  Manning isn't all of a sudden going to get much better because if the extra week, but I feel a young player like Grossman can really benefit from the extra preparation time. 

Someone brought up the AZ game, which is a good point.  But that tape has been out there and it didn't seem to help the Seahawks or Saints.  But, the AZ game was Grossman's first really bad game.  He then had a bye week which left him 2 weeks to prepare for SF. He proceeded to complete 23-29 for 252 yards, 3 TD and 0 INT. 

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#39 : January 24, 2007, 09:04:26 AM

We were talking about the game at work the other day at lunch and everyone was taking the Colts.  I was pretty much the only one who took the Bears.

I think it reminds me a lot of the 2003 game, Raiders vs. Bucs.  The Raiders were the sexy, high scoring team with the top flight offense, pro bowl QB, sometimes shaky D.  We were the slug it out team, high ranked defense, much maligned QB, inconsistent offense. 

Fast forward to 2007, Colts have the highly ranked offense, pro bowl QB, shaky D.  Bears have the highly ranked defense, much maligned QB, and inconsistent offense.  The biggest difference I see is that Chicago offense is more explosive, but also more prone to TO's.  BJ took care of the ball but just rarely made any big plays.  Grossman takes more risks, therefore the games where they score a bunch and the games where he turns it over a bunch.

We all know how 2003 game worked out, can 2007 Bears do the same?

Obviously the key is Rex.  If he takes care of the ball I don't see the Bears losing.  He has done that so far in the playoffs and the Bears have looked good.  I say the trend continues.  The second biggest key is the Chicago D.  If the D that played the first half of the season shows up, they are in great shape even if Grossman turns it over 1-2 times.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 24, 2007, 09:09:24 AM

Interesting game.  Colts should win but the bears defense that looked so average 2 weeks ago against Seattle destroyed New Orleans last week.

Huge difference at QB as Manning at his best is the best QB to ever play the game.  His only real weakness is his emotional stability when things go sour. That is where Brady has the advantage.  Certainly last week Manning exorcised a tremendous amount of demons.

In order for the Bears to win Grossman has to play one of his best games ever and may need ot make a few great plays. Number 2 the Bears are going to have to play the best defensive game they have during their playoff run. Additionally, they must run the ball better than they have so far in the playoffs.

I really doubt Hester will be too much of a factor as I believe the Colts will kick away from him.  I also believe the Colts will be fairly successful in shutting down the Bears running game.  They will dare Grossman to beat them. Based on what has transpired so far I am not so sure he can do that.  Of course watching the gators dismantle Ohio State who knows it just might be another "gator" moment as " GatorHomer" Ray opines. 

If the bears win IMHO it will be due to a defense getting the turnovers, and Grossman just not making any bonehead mistakes as he has been prone to this year.

Bears are the most resourceful.  The Colts are the most talented.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 24, 2007, 09:11:35 AM

I think it reminds me a lot of the 2003 game, Raiders vs. Bucs.  The Raiders were the sexy, high scoring team with the top flight offense, pro bowl QB, sometimes shaky D.  We were the slug it out team, high ranked defense, much maligned QB, inconsistent offense. 

Brad might have been "much maligned" but he played well that entire year and was a pro bowl QB before he even got to Tampa. To compare Brad to Grossman is sick. The Bears defense isn't on the level of our 2002 defense when 2 of their 3 best players (Brown and Harris) are down for the game.

I don't much like the matchup for the Bears if IND spreads the field and attacks their secondary. The IND team seems to deal with 4-3 teams pretty well unlike their proclivity to get whipped by the 3-4. I think IND moves the ball pretty well on them and it is abll about how well CHI can run.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 24, 2007, 10:52:47 AM

Good analysis on the Bears.  That's some of the reasons why I'm picking them by 1...that said...I think Grossman is a better QB than given credit for with a sense of what it takes to win...hey, an ugly win is a win...pretty soon they'll look like pretty wins...plus, Ithink he's learning to play better under pressure.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#43 : January 24, 2007, 12:29:23 PM

Dungy to finally win the big one.

Colts 27 - 17 Bears

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#44 : January 25, 2007, 12:43:20 AM

I'm taking the Bears man. This reminds me of the Bucs vs. Raiders Super Bowl. Everybody thought it would be the Raiders because of their offense and then boom - we won, big.

I think the Bears will shut Manning down and this time there will be no comeback. 28-10 win for the Bears. One or two defensive / special teams TDs. Defensive or special teams MVP.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Colts 7 pt favorites... make your picks « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools