Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: *The Bull* put out to pasture « previous next »
Page: 1

Swolf

Practice Squad

: February 26, 2009, 04:22:58 PM

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

COWBOYS CUT BRAD JOHNSON
Posted by Mike Florio on February 26, 2009, 4:08 p.m.

The Dallas Cowboys, as expected, have parted ways with quarterback Brad Johnson.

The move frees up $1.5 million in cap space.

Johnson was a ninth-round pick in 1992 of the Vikings, and he has played for several different teams.

With Johnson cut and Brooks Bollinger becoming a free agent, the Cowboys will need to find a new backup to starter Tony Romo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the super bowl, but its time to retire.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#1 : February 26, 2009, 04:24:38 PM

WHAT!?!?! Its a sign! Our problems have been solved!!

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 26, 2009, 04:35:00 PM

Chris Simms? Jeff Garcia?
Though things didn't end gracefully in Tampa (where have we seen that before?), still always will be grateful to Brad for playing a huge role in bringing the Super Bowl trophy to Tampa. Good luck in your future, Brad, whatever that may be.

ALong13

Pro Bowler
#3 : February 26, 2009, 06:06:52 PM

I wouldn't mind signing Johnson....

to a 1-day contract and let him retire in Tampa...thanks for the Super Bowl!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 26, 2009, 06:16:05 PM

Hell, let Olson go and hire Brad as a QB coach. There might not be another guy since Steve deBerg who has gotten more production out of less physical skills.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 26, 2009, 06:21:59 PM

Hell, let Olson go and hire Brad as a QB coach. There might not be another guy since Steve deBerg who has gotten more production out of less physical skills.

:o :o :o :o

Then you are implying sir that this team is full of lesser talent at the QB position!!!!

Get this man a beer.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 26, 2009, 08:53:48 PM

Along -- I think if Brad were to do that, he'd choose the Vikings instead. Just a hunch, but it's where he started and had some success. Granted nothing near what he got in Tampa, but that was one year whereas he had a better overall tenure in Minny.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: *The Bull* put out to pasture « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools