Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LOL @ All Who Thought We'd Do Anything... "BIG". « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

: February 27, 2009, 10:34:57 AM

Randy Moss was not a FA, wes welker was hardly a big name.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 27, 2009, 10:35:40 AM

And these guys certainly werent saying, I WANT TO BE THE HIGHEST PAID NFL PLAYER EVER. Common, who wants that on their team?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 27, 2009, 10:36:06 AM

was welker even a FA?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 27, 2009, 10:36:41 AM

Maybe you guys should embrace this, good teams are not built on signing big name free agents. I know that it is exciting when we do, however most of the top teams in the NFL built through the draft. We should sign FA for depth, and that is what they will do. I think that if anyone should be pursued it is Nate Washington, we need another reciever and there is nobody of interest in the draft, he is young and has some talent. There is no need to pursue high price old free agents cause of a name.

Blah, Blah, Blah.  Been hearing the same song and dance for years now...the Bucs don't sign big FA's and they aren't a top tier team because of it.  

Well see that is just ignorance, no offense but you just wanna see the bucs on espn headlines getting 32 year old, soon to burn out TJ Houshawhatever his name is. Or lazy Fat Albert, who will fold with his new contract signed. Instead lets bring in young guys who can install excellence over many years not a couple of patch job medicore seasons.

I want to see the Bucs win games.  I want to see the Bucs win a playoff game.  I want to be able to consider the Bucs a real contender every year without being laughed out of my local sports bar.  If it takes a 30 something WR to do it, so be it.  Hey, you critisize, but when McCardell and Keshawn were here what happened?  We won it all.  You can't argue with RESULTS.

JTHV83

Second String

#4 : February 27, 2009, 06:57:41 AM

Look at our team...

We're $61 Million below the cap. We have a Rookie HC who comes with a reasonably cheap contract and near zero expectations and our Rookie GM is in the same situation.

Because we're without a "Franchise QB" I doubt that we use half of our spendable dollars in Free Agency (including signing our own guys) over the next couple years until one is placed under Center here. High-End FA's are not coming to a team lead by Luke McCown or Josh Johnson.

In a matter of a few weeks our team has quickly become a rebuilding franchise who's not that far away talent wise but one that is now struggling because we're in waiting for our ownership to stop peddling in English Soccer and start attracting top Free Agents here with what it's going to take... the guaranteed money.

Now you see why Jon Gruden and Bruce Allen struggled to get to the playoffs and beyond. After 2004, the Glazer Family developed another primary interest... and it's in England.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are now going to tread the mediocre line until we hit the lotto and draft a "Franchise QB".

So my fellow Bucs fans, ye bewarned.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

#5 : February 27, 2009, 07:12:41 AM

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are now going to tread the mediocre line until we hit the lotto and draft a "Franchise QB".

I see you're kinda new so in case you hadn't noticed, we've been treading mediocre since 2003.

DailyRich68

Starter
#6 : February 27, 2009, 07:15:31 AM

Wow, so free agency's over, huh?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 27, 2009, 08:49:50 AM

when i think of loyalty, i dont include bashing the team on every move you dont agree with.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 27, 2009, 07:17:46 AM

As always - new posters are indeed welcome. 

Some read for a while before venturing to posting threads - but I love a good thread starter... keep at it

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

clownin01

Practice Squad

#9 : February 27, 2009, 07:22:16 AM

Albert haynesworth is gone.  I think that he got paid too much but we have alot of money and need to get some valuable players

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 27, 2009, 07:30:23 AM

Albert haynesworth is gone.  I think that he got paid too much but we have alot of money and need to get some valuable players
All true - and we will see how it all turns out.  Good to see a new poster - you picked a good time - FA and the draft are interesting times here - assuming one can sort through the "babble"  Welcome

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

psymun

Starter
#11 : February 27, 2009, 07:35:30 AM

Look at our team...

We're $61 Million below the cap. We have a Rookie HC who comes with a reasonably cheap contract and near zero expectations and our Rookie GM is in the same situation.

Because we're without a "Franchise QB" I doubt that we use half of our spendable dollars in Free Agency (including signing our own guys) over the next couple years until one is placed under Center here. High-End FA's are not coming to a team lead by Luke McCown or Josh Johnson.

In a matter of a few weeks our team has quickly become a rebuilding franchise who's not that far away talent wise but one that is now struggling because we're in waiting for our ownership to stop peddling in English Soccer and start attracting top Free Agents here with what it's going to take... the guaranteed money.

Now you see why Jon Gruden and Bruce Allen struggled to get to the playoffs and beyond. After 2004, the Glazer Family developed another primary interest... and it's in England.

So my fellow Bucs fans, ye bewarned.

LOL @ ALL who are quitting on the team when we're 7.5 hours into free agency!

Some people have no patience. Go root for Washington!

cover-too

Starter

#12 : February 27, 2009, 07:41:29 AM

Ok, we didn't get Al. It was seeming more unlikely the closer FA got. But if you weren't going to break the bank for the best player in FA that just so happened to fill a huge area of need, then when will you. I understand that FA is not over, a long way from it, but as was stated several times before, there is a large drop off in talent from a FA to everyone else. Hope the Bucs don't try to reach the cap floor by overpaying average talent just because they lose out on the top FA. Although that seems very likely at this point considering there are so many needs on the team right now.

psymun

Starter
#13 : February 27, 2009, 07:42:44 AM

Ok, we didn't get Al. It was seeming more unlikely the closer FA got. But if you weren't going to break the bank for the best player in FA that just so happened to fill a huge area of need, then when will you. I understand that FA is not over, a long way from it, but as was stated several times before, there is a large drop off in talent from a FA to everyone else. Hope the Bucs don't try to reach the cap floor by overpaying average talent just because they lose out on the top FA. Although that seems very likely at this point considering there are so many needs on the team right now.

You wanted to give Haynesworth $115 Million?

#14 : February 27, 2009, 07:44:43 AM

Wow, so free agency's over, huh?

Our biggest need and the best DT probably to hit FA wasnt really even seriously considered

so yes pretty much yes FA for me is pretty much over
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LOL @ All Who Thought We'd Do Anything... "BIG". « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools