Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LOL @ All Who Thought We'd Do Anything... "BIG". « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 27, 2009, 08:24:15 AM

You wanted to give Haynesworth $115 Million?

I don't want to, but I wanted the Glazers to.  Why not?   I don't care if they spend their money, I'd prefer it rather than being way under the cap and screwing the fans.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 27, 2009, 08:32:03 AM

After the Bucs sign NO ONE in free agency, where will the Bruce Allen haters be?

People ragged on him for not spending money... but we'll find out that its the GLAZERS.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 27, 2009, 08:36:34 AM

I don't care if they spend their money, I'd prefer it rather than being way under the cap and screwing the fans.

i like to think that fans can choose whatever team they want to.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 27, 2009, 08:46:38 AM

I don't care if they spend their money, I'd prefer it rather than being way under the cap and screwing the fans.

i like to think that fans can choose whatever team they want to.

So I guess you don't believe in loyalty to the home team.   

#19 : February 27, 2009, 08:47:47 AM

After the Bucs sign NO ONE in free agency, where will the Bruce Allen haters be?

People ragged on him for not spending money... but we'll find out that its the GLAZERS.
I have a hard time believing the Glazers were tying Bruces hands, but it does seem that may have been the case. Which is not good. :(

Snook

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 27, 2009, 08:51:22 AM

I have a hard time believing the Glazers were tying Bruces hands, but it does seem that may have been the case. Which is not good. :(

Well, its time to embrace it.  The Glazers are holding this team back.  Not Gruden or Allen.  Not Morris or Dominik.

The fact we haven't seen any of our current young players get any kind of extensions is just further proof.  

I won't be surprised if they let Ruud walk after next season.  Afterall, he's going to command pretty big $$$ by then.

richbucsfan

Starter

#21 : February 27, 2009, 08:53:09 AM

I have to agree with Snook... the Bucs will make no FA signings ... remember, we have young players to step up.  Why spend money when you have terrific, talented, amazingly superior, super dooper talented, incredibly terrific, young players stepping up.  Now you tell me, who are these young players?  Haven't seen their talent in the games I've been to or watched on tv.  Hmm, is this The Plan?  

Snook

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 27, 2009, 08:55:23 AM

I have to agree with Snook... the Bucs will make no FA signings ... remember, we have young players to step up.  Why spend money when you have terrific, talented, amazingly superior, super dooper talented, incredibly terrific, young players stepping up.  Now you tell me, who are these young players?  Haven't seen their talent in the games I've been to or watched on tv.  Hmm, is this The Plan?  

Personally, I would've locked Ruud up to an extension already.  His price is only going to go up.  What's the holdup?  He's the leader of the defense and he's already proven he's a playmaker.

richbucsfan

Starter

#23 : February 27, 2009, 08:57:49 AM

Agreed.  Who will take Brooks' place?  Jones' place? Dunn? Hilliard? Galloway?  Any names?  Who are these stand out younger players waiting to step up?  Have I missed something here?  Dang it all ... I forgot, the Rookies have THE PLAN. 

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 27, 2009, 08:59:15 AM

The Glazers must have taken some tips from Culverhouse. This team is going to suck for a long time unless we can draft like no one and bring in proven players.

noone

Rookie

#25 : February 27, 2009, 09:06:39 AM

They did tie Bruces hands whether people want to believe it or not.  He just always protected them at the expense of making himself look bad. 

They will sign some people I think just not "top" tier people for a ton of cash.  They realize to keep fans they have to sign a few people. 

skip

Starter

#26 : February 27, 2009, 09:13:32 AM

when i think of loyalty, i dont include bashing the team on every move you dont agree with.
Apparently you did not live through the Culverhouse years. If I am not mistaken the salary cap is somewhere around 120 mil, according to NFL Network the Bucs are 61 million under. You can field two teams with where the Bucs are now.

noone

Rookie

#27 : February 27, 2009, 09:40:26 AM

They will have to spend some of that money so they will re-sign their young players like Ruud eventually to get to the floor.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 27, 2009, 09:47:06 AM

That's the worst thing that could possibly happen because if Dominik's a one-man show, he wasted far too much of his time on a deal that didn't get done.
No prize for second place. Redskins laugh and we're left with a ton of money that will eventually have to be spent.
Spending $40M or so on second or third-tier players will only set us back further.

In Verner We Trust

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 27, 2009, 09:43:40 AM

Our biggest need and the best DT probably to hit FA wasnt really even seriously considered

Uh, the deal was done in DC before FA opened.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LOL @ All Who Thought We'd Do Anything... "BIG". « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools