Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LOL @ All Who Thought We'd Do Anything... "BIG". « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 27, 2009, 09:44:01 AM

Wow, so free agency's over, huh?

Our biggest need and the best DT probably to hit FA wasnt really even seriously considered

so yes pretty much yes FA for me is pretty much over

I just cant leave your comments alone, their so pathtic. Haynesworth wasnt CONSIDERED!?!?!? Are you high. Did you not know its up to the PLAYER to sign were he wants. There are so many players that are great still avavilible. But I'm sure you could could the NFLS offensive lineman on 1 hand.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

DailyRich68

Starter
#31 : February 27, 2009, 09:44:22 AM

Our biggest need and the best DT probably to hit FA wasnt really even seriously considered

"While as many as six teams expressed an interest and were in the ballpark of $30 to $40 million in guarantees, Tampa was the last team standing before the Redskins closed it."

Yeah, we didn't seriously consider him.

[banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#32 : February 27, 2009, 09:45:13 AM

"While as many as six teams expressed an interest and were in the ballpark of $30 to $40 million in guarantees, Tampa was the last team standing before the Redskins closed it."

Yeah, we didn't seriously consider him.

[banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

Stop trying to confuse people with logic and fact, that just gets in the way of their pity party.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 27, 2009, 09:52:12 AM

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are now going to tread the mediocre line until we hit the lotto and draft a "Franchise QB".

I see you're kinda new so in case you hadn't noticed, we've been treading mediocre since 2003.

Since the 90's actually.  I only count 2 non-mediocre seasons.  One got us to the NFCC one got us a superbowl.  This is a second rate franchise on par with teams like the Balitmore Ravens.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#34 : February 27, 2009, 09:53:40 AM

Considering the top flight franchises are NE, Pittsburgh, Indy, etc.. I'm perfectly happy being on the second tier.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 27, 2009, 09:58:20 AM

Considering the top flight franchises are NE, Pittsburgh, Indy, etc.. I'm perfectly happy being on the second tier.

WTH does that mean?  You wouldn't want to be an elite team like NE?

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#36 : February 27, 2009, 10:02:03 AM

Not every team is elite numbnuts, that's why it's ELITE.

I suppose you'd be happy if we were a dumpster dweller for a few decades like Cincy, Cleveland or Detroit?

richbucsfan

Starter

#37 : February 27, 2009, 10:02:53 AM

Hmmm, Magnaccia,  you may be on the second tier, but the Bucs are struggling to stay on the third tier and are slipping by the cuts they made to the fourth tier.  But, darn it all, I forgot, The Rookies, have THE PLAN.

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#38 : February 27, 2009, 10:05:28 AM

Since the 90's actually.  I only count 2 non-mediocre seasons.  One got us to the NFCC one got us a superbowl.  This is a second rate franchise on par with teams like the Balitmore Ravens.

The ravens? lol more like Huston, Seattle, and Carolina. Ray lewis gets more national coverage per year then the entire Buccaneers team. Not that I care what the networks think of us, but there were nights on Football night in America when  Â Every game was covered and the Bucs weren't even mentioned lol, they would have segments on the bangles and Lions and we were like 5-2 with a win over some other 2nd tier team and they act like the game wasn't even played. Just don't get confused, If ravens our 2nd tier, we are 3rd at least.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#39 : February 27, 2009, 10:07:14 AM

Hmmm, Magnaccia,  you may be on the second tier, but the Bucs are struggling to stay on the third tier and are slipping by the cuts they made to the fourth tier.  But, darn it all, I forgot, The Rookies, have THE PLAN.

Who did we cut that should have started for us next season? No one.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 27, 2009, 10:08:47 AM

Do you HONESTLY believe that the cuts made recently are tier-changing? You've got to be kidding, right?

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 27, 2009, 10:15:56 AM

I suppose you'd be happy if we were a dumpster dweller for a few decades like Cincy, Cleveland or Detroit?

So, since not every team can be elite, you're ok with being mediocre.  Just as long as you're not last?  Wow, that's pathetic.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 27, 2009, 10:16:07 AM

I'm not sure there were many people that "thought" they would so much as a lot of people who "hoped" they would.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#43 : February 27, 2009, 10:18:49 AM

So, since not every team can be elite, you're ok with being mediocre.  Just as long as you're not last?  Wow, that's pathetic.

You're so perceptive, that's exactly what I mean!

There's nothing wrong with wanting to be the best, but you have to be realistic. I'm sure you'll get far expecting to be the best then crying and giving up when it doesn't pan out.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#44 : February 27, 2009, 10:18:58 AM

I'm not. Sorry to hear you're content with mediocrity.

I still think the Glazers want to be a top franchise. Man U is as Tier 1 as it gets.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LOL @ All Who Thought We'd Do Anything... "BIG". « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools