Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I wish I knew the plan « previous next »
Page: 1 2

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

: February 27, 2009, 05:15:10 PM

I am very excited about Kellen Winslow being here in Tampa. Obviously, since there are no dynamic offensive weapons in free agency, the Bucs have elected to trade for Winslow, a rare talent and an excellent target for our passing game. However, I feel that there are glaring needs on this team. LB, CB, RB, S, DEFENSIVE LINE, QB, WR are all needs for us. How are we going to address these positions with limited draft picks and less talent out there. I am sorry but I do not want to trust the open linebacker spots to a third and seventh round pick. Additionally, our defensive line is a joke. Any thoughts?

reggierobyswatch

Rookie

#1 : February 27, 2009, 05:23:19 PM

Im going with the conspircy theories. The glazers are getting ready to sell this team.   They have done nothing to improve this team since they fired Gru.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 27, 2009, 05:49:17 PM

Raheem and Mark don't know the play either so we are not the only ones

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler

#3 : February 27, 2009, 05:38:11 PM

"Get younger, more physical and score more Touchdowns".  Now you know.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

JC510

Practice Squad

#4 : February 27, 2009, 05:46:44 PM

However, I feel that there are glaring needs on this team. LB, CB, RB, S, DEFENSIVE LINE, QB, WR are all needs for us. How are we going to address these positions with limited draft picks and less talent out there.

One by one...
LB- I wanted Vilma more than anyone. But going with Hayes/Black outside might not be such a bad thing. Don't judge Hayes by his draft status. He's a stud.
CB- They need to re-sign Buchanon.
RB- It's not a need.
S- Depth is a need. Jackson and Piscitelli are the starters.
DL- They have to take a DE at 19. Think they'll sign Colin Cole and/or Haye.
QB- McCown is the guy.
WR- They'll sign either Henderson, Washington or Clayton (he's not nearly as bad as Gruden and the QBs made him look). Don't discard Jackson and Stovall either.

Orangegone1

Starter

#5 : February 27, 2009, 05:47:52 PM

If we don't get more bodies the plan will be starting 5 undrafted free agents.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 27, 2009, 05:48:54 PM

Jc, the only thing I disagree with is RB.  All we have is Graham, Smith and Caddy if/when he gets healthy.  The draft is not strong at RB either but their could be some decent backups in the later rounds.  I still think we will bring a RB in I just do not know who it is.  But we surely need one.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 27, 2009, 05:55:39 PM

RB- It's not a need.

RB is a need. 

Caddy is a question mark and you don't want to have to use Clifton too much on offense.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 27, 2009, 05:58:28 PM

However, I feel that there are glaring needs on this team. LB, CB, RB, S, DEFENSIVE LINE, QB, WR are all needs for us. How are we going to address these positions with limited draft picks and less talent out there.

One by one...
LB- I wanted Vilma more than anyone. But going with Hayes/Black outside might not be such a bad thing. Don't judge Hayes by his draft status. He's a stud.
CB- They need to re-sign Buchanon.
RB- It's not a need.
S- Depth is a need. Jackson and Piscitelli are the starters.
DL- They have to take a DE at 19. Think they'll sign Colin Cole and/or Haye.
QB- McCown is the guy.
WR- They'll sign either Henderson, Washington or Clayton (he's not nearly as bad as Gruden and the QBs made him look). Don't discard Jackson and Stovall either.

Spot on.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 27, 2009, 06:00:15 PM

Virtually every team in the league has 4-6 needs right now. I doubt the Bucs have some formal, written-out plan, just a vision that has already been stated. Things change every day in this league. You have to be able to adjust. They're just going to try to make the best decisions they can given the circumstances. Patience, grasshopper.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 27, 2009, 06:00:19 PM

You are assuming there is a plan. Im not so certain there is one. If there was, Im sure it is changing now with 2 of our top defensive targets now off the market.

JC510

Practice Squad

#11 : February 27, 2009, 06:09:42 PM

RB- It's not a need.

RB is a need. 

Caddy is a question mark and you don't want to have to use Clifton too much on offense.

Those are reasons to take a guy on Day 2. Not reasons to give Derrick Ward a fairly large contract.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 27, 2009, 06:27:56 PM

RB- It's not a need.

RB is a need. 

Those are reasons to take a guy on Day 2. Not reasons to give Derrick Ward a fairly large contract.

Who are we saving money for to not sign Ward?

JC510

Practice Squad

#13 : February 27, 2009, 07:29:53 PM

RB- It's not a need.

RB is a need. 

Who are we saving money for to not sign Ward?

Again, RB is not a NEED. Could they use Ward's services? Of course. But not at the contract he wants right now. Just because the cap room is there doesn't mean it's okay to be fiscally irresponsible.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 27, 2009, 07:32:34 PM

Yes, RB is indeed a need for this team.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I wish I knew the plan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools