Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: K2 vs Stevens and our 2nd round pick? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

abellwillring

Second String

#15 : February 27, 2009, 06:46:48 PM

Giants got a 2nd and 5th for Shockey.  I'd take Winslow over him 6 days from Sunday.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#16 : February 27, 2009, 06:49:22 PM

2nd round pick for a TE?

haha...

and no Winslow is a top 10 TE...arguably top 5.

Good pick up and I'm excited about it...but a 2nd round pick for a TE?  

Solid move I guess...but its not like Cleveland is upset with getting a 2nd round pick

He's top or #2 talent wise, he's not worth a second round pick? Funny, he was good enough to be a first round pick by Cleveland lol and as it is he's the second best receiver on our team and best TE in the division.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 27, 2009, 06:51:41 PM

Unless he is going to average 80 catches, 1000 yard and 7-10 TD's per year no he is not worth a 2nd round pick as we could miss out on a very good player - oh yeah thats right we don't draft, sign or keep very good players anymore!!

DougTheGreat

Starter

#18 : February 27, 2009, 06:54:55 PM

Unless he is going to average 80 catches, 1000 yard and 7-10 TD's per year no he is not worth a 2nd round pick as we could miss out on a very good player - oh yeah thats right we don't draft, sign or keep very good players anymore!!

Who are you referring to? Mainly when you say "keep"?

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 27, 2009, 06:55:02 PM

you can call him a TE (he is one, obviously) but you're looking for him to produce like a 1b#2 WR, and from that perspective a 2nd-rounder doesn't seem extraordinary.....but if you look at what k2 (in draft picks plus $$) and bryant (in $$) are costing this team, you've gotta expect each of them to catch 75+ balls a year....

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 27, 2009, 06:55:47 PM

Duemig was ranting today that Winslow was a risky pickup because of his "me" personality.

Well, Duimig is an expert in "me" personalities. Just ask his mirror.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 27, 2009, 06:57:01 PM

Duemig was ranting today that Winslow was a risky pickup because of his "me" personality.

If I never read another DUImeg reference it would be fine.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 27, 2009, 06:58:12 PM

2nd round pick for a TE?

haha...

and no Winslow is a top 10 TE...arguably top 5.

Good pick up and I'm excited about it...but a 2nd round pick for a TE? �

Solid move I guess...but its not like Cleveland is upset with getting a 2nd round pick

He's top or #2 talent wise, he's not worth a second round pick? Funny, he was good enough to be a first round pick by Cleveland lol and as it is he's the second best receiver on our team and best TE in the division.

oh hes a solid addition, don't get me wrong...

and hes also worth a 2nd round pick, considering that is what the Browns netted for him.  What I'm saying is, it came at a high price for us.

I love that we have Winslow.  But with holes at QB, WR #2, WR #3, DE, DT, LB, LB, and NCB, It certainly leaves us less options to fill these holes with.

Again, love that we have Winslow, but 2nd round pick was no steal for the guy

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 27, 2009, 06:59:42 PM

If I never read another DUImeg reference it would be fine.

second that

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 27, 2009, 07:01:08 PM

Easy: Winslow.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 27, 2009, 07:01:26 PM

badabing, i'd consider winslow a replacement for the roles filled by hilliard (money 3rd down guy#2 WR), clayton (blockerover-the-middle guy), and jerramy stevens (TEred zone target)

Buc Wit Me

Starter

#26 : February 27, 2009, 08:01:39 PM

WINSLOW all day!!!!!

#27 : February 27, 2009, 08:14:25 PM

interesting thoughts

#28 : February 27, 2009, 08:19:06 PM

yeah...  Id go with Winslow.    very risky, but I admire the risk the Bucs are taking...    having Winslow is like having a starting WR....

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 27, 2009, 08:21:45 PM

Pittsburgh-Heath Miller
Arizona-Leonard Pope
Philadelphia-LJ Smith
Baltimore-Todd Heap
Giants-Kevin Boss
Carolina-Jeff King
Tennessee-Alge Crumpler
San Diego-Antonio Gates
Miami-Anthony Fasano
Colts-Dallas Clark
Atlanta-no idea
Minnesota-Schianco?

As you can see, TE really isn't that important of a position.  Gates and Clark are good but so are the respected offensive talent on their teams.

Also, we have many holes to fill.  Winslow could tear it up all he wants but right now in the front 7 on D we have just Gaines Adams and Barrett Ruud as starters and Chris Hovan as a sub par guy
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: K2 vs Stevens and our 2nd round pick? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools