Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: K2 vs Stevens and our 2nd round pick? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

PoorRichard

Starter

#30 : February 27, 2009, 08:22:51 PM

Since we no our offense blows with Stevens I am willing to take the chance...or we could keep Stevens and draft Dexter Jackson.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 27, 2009, 08:23:17 PM

Is Stevens gone for sure?    I would like     Winslow/ Stevens / Smith

Booker

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 27, 2009, 08:23:52 PM

Out of those teams only 2 are passing teams. SD and Indy and their TEs are pretty good

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 27, 2009, 08:25:03 PM

Yeah Im pretty sure Stevens is gone.  Wouldn't be surprised if Alex Smith was unloaded...

but that probably wont happen

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 27, 2009, 08:25:27 PM

in this offense? k2 is an upgrade over stevens.. In grudens I dont think it really mattered.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 27, 2009, 08:27:57 PM

hit55fan..and what is this offense?

#36 : February 27, 2009, 08:28:51 PM

Winslow's knees made him too risky to keep

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal : Friday, February 27, 2009 12:38 PM

It took three coaching staffs and front office regimes, but the Browns have finally decided Kellen Winslow is not worth the trouble.  Coach Eric Mangini and GM George Kokinis dealt Winslow to the Bucs for an undisclosed group of draft picks.  

The move is a curious one for the Bucs.  Clearly in the middle of a rebuilding effort, it's surprising to see them give away golden draft picks.  Winslow is young, but he's got the knees of a veteran in decline after an insane amount of serious surgeries.  He always plays through pain, but he missed six games last season and was only able to average ten yards-per-catch because of the injury.  The Bucs were possibly stung by just losing out on Albert Haynesworth and wanted to show their fans they are still trying.  

It's difficult to comment much further on the deal until we know what the picks were involved, but I would guess they include a first or second-rounder, along with a mid-round pick.  The fans may dislike the move, but the organization is probably thrilled to recover draft picks dealt by previous GM Phil Savage.  

Winslow is a reception machine that will help Tampa's shaky quarterbacks in the short term, but he doesn't figure to age well because of his knees.   That's why Cleveland finally got rid of him after five tumultuous seasons filled with motorcycle drama, contract complaints, and absolute 100% effort.  His health was no longer worth the risk for one rebuilding team.  The Bucs disagree.  

http://blogs.nbcsports.com/home/

calicojack

Starter
#37 : February 27, 2009, 08:29:09 PM

I would rather they re-sign Stevens and save the picks.  We didn't really need a go-to TE, IMO...

Stevens averages 3 TDs per year in a limited role.  Winslow averages 2 TDs as a featured receiver.

The Dream Team

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 27, 2009, 08:33:10 PM

hit55fan..and what is this offense?

maybe you should read the jags interview.

he is big on using tight ends.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 27, 2009, 08:33:24 PM

So hate that artically basically says hes 25..but he is like 29-30 physically...

well it didnt say that, but certainly a risky move..

I think he'll be fine, just odd we'd do that with about 10 important positions to fill--TE not really being that important

Booker

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 27, 2009, 08:34:54 PM

Unless your calculator is broken Kellen avgs 3.66 TDs a year. The first year is thrown out because he didn't play. On top of that he gets more yardage then Stevens and has better hands and is a much better play maker. Give me Winslow any time

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#41 : February 27, 2009, 08:35:58 PM

he missed six games last season and was only able to average ten yards-per-catch because of the injury.

First off, "only able to avg. 10 ypc?"  That's a bad thing?

Second, the games were missed from a staph infection, not because of the ACL injury to his knee.  

The ACL injury is the only major knee injury I can find on him.  What else is this article referring to?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 27, 2009, 08:39:30 PM

I think he'll be fine, just odd we'd do that with about 10 important positions to fill--TE not really being that important

We tried to fill DT and OLB and failed then we got the TE. The latter has nothing to do with the former.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 27, 2009, 08:40:21 PM

The ACL injury is the only major knee injury I can find on him.  What else is this article referring to?

Wasn't the staph in his knee and if so did they have to clean out more tissue in the knee area and so the staph might have compounded the pre-existing ACL injury but I can't find out if it was the same knee or not.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 27, 2009, 08:41:44 PM

Dalbuc...you don't try when you it's a need.  You go and get it done.  Overpaying for Haynesworth was a must...

and the fact that you release Brooks and June and not land Scott, Boley, or Vilma makes you wonder.

Haynesworth was a priority i thought, as they said, but priorities usually get done.

I'm sure Haynesworth agent said, Washington offered 7 years, 100 million.  Can you top that?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: K2 vs Stevens and our 2nd round pick? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools