Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: K2 vs Stevens and our 2nd round pick? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

SkoolFL

Starter
#75 : February 27, 2009, 10:23:08 PM

2nd round pick for a TE?

haha...

and no Winslow is a top 10 TE...arguably top 5.

Good pick up and I'm excited about it...but a 2nd round pick for a TE?  

Solid move I guess...but its not like Cleveland is upset with getting a 2nd round pick

I think the 49ers are wishing they spent a second round pick on Davis!  There is also no way that the Browns replace Winslow with that second round pick!  You need to look at it as if he was in the draft this year.  He would be a sure fire top ten pick and the number one TE taken, making him a likely top ten pick, he is only 25!

(Formerly Solja, and Turk)....Its good to be back!

Check out the music I started making this offseason!

www.Facebook.com/SkoolFL  www.Youtube.com/SkoolFL  www.Twitter.com/SkoolFL

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#76 : February 27, 2009, 10:32:13 PM

Kellen Winslow's best season: 82 Receptions, 1,106 Yards 13.5 YPR, 5 TDs

Jerramy Stevens best season: 45 Receptions 554 Yards 12.3 YPR 5 TDs

I would take Kellen Winslow over Jerramy Stevens and Dexter Jackson etc.

Kellen Winslow is a rare elite talent.

And the draft is a crap shoot any way you spin it.

Im a HUGE fan of this trade

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#77 : February 27, 2009, 10:33:18 PM

a 2nd round pick for a 25 year old proven playmaker is an easy move.  No one we were likely to get in the 2nd would have anywhere near the impact of Winslow.

With Bryant and Winslow we now have two play makers who are still quite young.  Throw in Bush and the zone blocking and you are now legitimately building up the offense.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#78 : February 27, 2009, 10:40:36 PM

If they throw Jeremy Stevens to the Wolves they are crazy...OBD
Agreed. Garcia only threw it to him with broken coverage like every other receiver he threw to.  With a QB willing to take risks, he will be more effective.  Does the new scheme require good blocking TEs?

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#79 : February 27, 2009, 10:41:52 PM

This is the equivalent of having a number 2 receiver, maybe even better than that as K2 will be a much bigger threat in the redzone than the avg #2 wideout.

I love the move, worth the picks and the risks.

We need to address Qb depth, our #2 WR, and our backup RB.... we do those things we could be looking at the best Bucs offense in a LONG TIME. It doesnt take an offensive genius to see that :)

#80 : February 28, 2009, 12:10:33 AM

As stated previously, I love the guy..... love his swagger.... love his attitude.... but his knee scares the hell outta me.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#81 : February 28, 2009, 12:13:34 AM

As stated previously, I love the guy..... love his swagger.... love his attitude.... but his knee scares the hell outta me.
It should.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#82 : February 28, 2009, 08:55:42 AM

Question answered.

ROFLMAO...OBD

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#83 : February 28, 2009, 09:06:27 AM

Unless he is going to average 80 catches, 1000 yard and 7-10 TD's per year no he is not worth a 2nd round pick as we could miss out on a very good player - oh yeah thats right we don't draft, sign or keep very good players anymore!!
Unless he is going to average 80 catches, 1000 yard and 7-10 TD's per year no he is not worth a 2nd round pick as we could miss out on a very good player - oh yeah thats right we don't draft, sign or keep very good players anymore!!

If you throw it to him, he can very easily get those numbers!

lemmer40

Second String

#84 : February 28, 2009, 09:17:01 AM

This is easy...Winslow by a mile.  We wasted a 2nd round pick last year so getting Winslow is well worth the risk.  I would rather take a risk on Winslow and his health and then to waste another pick on a Dexter Jackson like player.

calicojack

Starter
#85 : February 28, 2009, 09:40:06 AM

You can't just look at his best year.  His stats are very similar to Michael Clayton's...

The Dream Team

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#86 : February 28, 2009, 10:05:50 AM

You can't just look at his best year.  His stats are very similar to Michael Clayton's...
Actually who was his QB. That is the question that evaluates the WR. I would take Michael Clayton with our next QB for one year to see how it goes...OBD

SB4TB

Starter

#87 : February 28, 2009, 10:10:00 AM

Rather have given up a third based on his injuries, but you cant deny that when he is healthy his numbers are among the top tightends in the NFL

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#88 : February 28, 2009, 10:36:35 AM

Do you remember last year's second round pick??

Enough said.

Thank God the ones who made that error are no longer here.

I thought Doug Williams and Dominik were the ones highly touting Dexter Jackson.  Both of those guys are still in Tampa.

Possibly Williams. Dominik was a pro guy.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#89 : February 28, 2009, 11:06:15 AM

Bad move, IMO, considering we wasted time and draft picks, and signed not a single FA.  We probably could have done this trade a month from now, for less, but we use the most critical time in FA to make a trade.  Very curious decision-making, IMO, and cause for concern,
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: K2 vs Stevens and our 2nd round pick? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools